PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | Page 32 | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I wonder what the Venn Diagram of "people who understand hashtags" and "people who are old enough to know who ray guy is" looks like. probably pretty thin.
The only reason I know who Ray Guy is is because of the award in his name, haha.

Reaction Score
Thought about #buddyguy - except that the Venn diagram would be even smaller, and we don't have an all-time great player named Buddy.

Buddy died over Macho Grande.

Reaction Score
Thought about #buddyguy - except that the Venn diagram would be even smaller, and we don't have an all-time great player named Buddy.

Buddy died over Macho Grande.

All I could think about:

Reaction Score
http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/n...segment-2-under-the-radar-high-school-seniors

Yesterday we unloaded five unranked freshmen that will all make some majors moves during their inaugural college basketball season and surpass the expectations placed onto them this winter. However, with signing day looming, why not escape out of most top-100 rankings within the 2016 crop and investigate five names that might prove many of the naysayers wrong with their production at the next level?

MAMADOU DIARRA – 6-FOOT-8 – CENTER – PUTNAM SCIENCE ACADEMY

COMMITTED TO UCONN

The class UConn has coming to Storrs next fall is pretty impressive. A top-10 nationally ranked one at that, Diarra is actually the worst rated prospect in tow but he might become the most productive over the course of his college career. Sure, Alterique Gilbert, Vance Jackson, and Juwan Durham are all top-75 recruits and prospects that have a chance of playing beyond the college level. However, over the past two years, there haven’t been many more productive big men on the east coast than Mamadou Diarra.

While he is a bit undersized standing near 6-foot-8, Diarra has a prolonged wingspan and an elite motor. He never stops playing hard and runs the floor from rim to rim. While his offensive skill package needs further tweaking in adding consistency onto his mid-range jumper, Diarra buys into being a top of the line garbage man who secures double figure rebounds with ease and should fit into the culture that Kevin Ollie has kept intact. After leading the nation in blocks for several years, Diarra should give the Huskies a boost in this particular category and while many have slighted him because of his size and spot on the floor, it is hard to deny the New York native’s production on the hardwood, thus making him a sleeper and under the radar commit who will sign his LOI next month.

Reaction Score
Love this guy and I think he's a future fan favorite.
Big man with non-stop motor who has the leaping ability to throw down huge dunks... yeah I could see that happening. I'm looking forward to seeing him play because the athletic ability you see on highlight videos and the rankings don't match up in my mind.

Reaction Score
His team, Putnam Science Academy, is playing at HoopHall -- Plus recruits Diallo and the 7-footer Umoffia play for Putnam.

17-Jan Sunday Boys 7:30 PM Commonwealth Academy vs. MA Putnam Science Academy, CT

Reaction Score
I'm sure the comparison has been made, but all the writeups and videos make me think of Montrezl Harrel. Would be nice to have a guy like that on the team rather than destroying our front court

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I'm sure the comparison has been made, but all the writeups and videos make me think of Montrezl Harrel. Would be nice to have a guy like that on the team rather than destroying our front court
They're also similarly ranked out of high school. I think Harrell was fringe top 100.

Reaction Score
He's the first name that came to mind for me as well. Good comparison. The 2016 class has the potential to be a monster one. There's a lot to look forward to this season and next, and hopefully many more after that.

Reaction Score
This kid is going to be a great four year player. Going to start on the bench his first year or two then really come alive. My comparison for him is Jeff Adrien. Endless motor and a crazy rebounder. One hell of a get for Ollie.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Looks like Mamadou already signed too!

Reaction Score
I know defensively and (most definitely) intangible-wise he and Adrien look a lot alike, but how's his offensive game? Freshman Adrien was already willing to battle on the post and try to finish against bigger defenders, and also showed flashes of the 15ft jumper that would become such an important weapon as an upperclassman. Can Mamadou do any of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom