PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | Page 31 | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree... the player that he reminds me of in terms of explosiveness and wingspan, while being on the short side for a big, is Elton Brand (someone might correct me but I think he was actually 6'6" or 6'7" barefoot). Brand wasn't that tall but could dunk everything and seemed to jump faster than everyone on his first AND second leap.

According to this, Brand was 6-8.25 barefoot, which surprised me, since he was listed at 6-8 nearly his whole career.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Elton-Brand-1779/

please no

Reaction Score
I want everyone on that team. Diallo is a must, diarra is montrezl Harrell basically.

Just because I was curious, I looked up Harrell's recruiting profiles. ESPN recruiting content has gone downhill, but I found it amusing that they had Harrell #90, the same place they have Diarra, and they're both listed at 6'8", 215. If he ends up being as good as Harrell, I'll obviously be pretty thrilled.

Reaction Score
Just because I was curious, I looked up Harrell's recruiting profiles. ESPN recruiting content has gone downhill, but I found it amusing that they had Harrell #90, the same place they have Diarra, and they're both listed at 6'8", 215. If he ends up being as good as Harrell, I'll obviously be pretty thrilled.
Let's be real though, besides the 50 or so of us populating this forum (and those populating the forums of other teams), very few fans pay much attention to recruiting. I'd bet 4/5 of our fan base has no idea who Sterling Gibbs is, let alone a Jalen Adams or even a Steve Enoch.

Reaction Score
This kid is going to surprise us I think. Adrien II only potentially better coming in.

Reaction Score
This kid is going to surprise us I think. Adrien II only potentially better coming in.
That's a big statement, but I certainly hope it comes true. Would require four years as an absolute warrior and ideally at least one national title to surpass JA, at least in my esteem : ) Excited to see what Diarra develops into given that there has been relatively less buzz about him than a couple of the other recruits/targets; UConn could really use a dominating, physical presence on the interior, so if Mamadou can provide that it would be stellar..

Reaction Score
If we can get 6.5 pts and 5.0 reb from diarra in his freshman year I would be thrilled. Adrien was solid from the day he stepped on the floor here...and only got better

Reaction Score
If we can get 6.5 pts and 5.0 reb from diarra in his freshman year I would be thrilled. Adrien was solid from the day he stepped on the floor here...and only got better
I think those numbers are a little high i think he'll be around 3pts and 3reb

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Adrien was solid from the day he stepped on the floor here...and only got better
Right, one of the things I always liked about Jeff is that he never stopped building his game.

Reaction Score
I think those numbers are a little high i think he'll be around 3pts and 3reb
those were adrien's numbers freshman year. Was replying to OP saying diarra could be better coming in than Adrien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom