PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | Page 30 | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mamadou is most likely a four year player (that's a good thing). Imagine what he will look like as a Junior and Senior - a grown man.

This is the kind of guy that will anchor our team down the road. As he matures, he is going to eat up other bigs.

Reaction Score
No fooling around with this kid. He's finishing or you're fouling him. Seems to love being around the basket at all times no floating out for jumpers and hopefully eats up the boards. Like his potential in a big way as I like the no nonsense attitude.

Reaction Score
I want Charles Barkley and Jeff Adrien to have a talk with him, and also Burgess Meredith.

Get those legs stronger, stronger, stronger. Because you are going to need to pile on the weight up top. And somehow keep the same lift you have now.

Reaction Score
EYBL - Live Period One
4/15/2015​
Rivals: One of the most effective post players of the weekend, Diarra was 16 for 20 during his first three games, shooting it at 80% against very good competition, but it was his ability to dominate the offensive glass at times and get easy putbacks inside, along with his skill to get in good position inside to finish with either hand. Extremely skilled with good hands and feet, he was one of the best rebounders of the weekend as well, showing off the skills that have made him one of the more coveted recruits in the Northeast.

Mary Kline Classic
5/30/2015​
City of Basketball Love: No player in either the underclassman or seniors game played with a higher motor than this 6-foot-7 power forward, who certainly defines his position with his style of play. Diarra is a powerful finisher, dunking everything he can get his hands on, and is also an elite rim-protector at the other end of the floor, blocking several shots with excellent leaping ability and timing. The future UConn forward makes up for what he lacks in size with his strength and his motor, and it’s hard to see him not having an impact right away when he gets to Storrs next fall.

UA All America Camp
7/7/2015 - 7/10/2015​
Wednesday Top Performers: #7 Mamadou Diarra (Rivals)
The Connecticut bound Rivals150 power forward from the class of 2016 wasn't happy to hear he measured in at 6-foot-5 ½ bare footed during the combine. However he has a 7-foot-2 wingspan to help make up for being a slightly undersized four man. Diarra is also bouncy, has a great motor and rebounds in and out of his area. Diarra finished with 18 points and 10 rebounds on the night.

City of Basketball Love:
--Doesn’t matter how tall he is, Mamadou Diarra (2016/NY Jayhawks) gets it done. He’s listed at 6-7 but maybe is even shorter than that, but the UConn-bound power forward still came away with 18 points and 10 rebounds as he displayed the high motor that’s bringing him to Storrs.

Thursday observations (Rivals)
Sometimes bigs struggle in camp settings, but not Connecticut commit Mamadou Diarra. When rankings were updated a week ago he was a late addition but it's one that we are glad to have made. He had his second double-double of camp with 15 points and 11 rebounds.

Las Vegas Fab 48
7/23/2015 - 7/26/2015​
Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 Jul 23
Btw Uconn fans, Mamadou Diarra is going to be an instant beast for you guys. Offensive game needs seasoning, motor and toughness don't

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN Jul 23
UCONN committed Mamadou Diarra, a 6-8 PF, has the type of quick and explosive bounce that Trevor Mbakwe showed at that age. Mean & Nasty

2015 LAS VEGAS TOURNAMENTS DAY 3 RECAP - PART 2
Already committed to UConn, Diarra is one fine rim presence in the lane. While he isn't as tall as you might like, the Jayhawks big man sports a giant set of long arms, a big behind, and thick shoulders that he uses to set the tone on the interior. He has yet to show off much of a back to the rim game this weekend, but when it comes to doing the miscellaneous inside and altering shots at the basket, Diarra has no issues with it. He should be a fine producer for the Huskies in due time and will be able to help out in the paint because of his motor and physical makeup.

WHO’S THAT GUY?
http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/3381-five-major-takeaways-from-the-class-of-2016
Every year, regardless of how well the high school basketball scene in scouted and recruited, there are always a few that might not have been highly touted, yet they pop out and become immediate producers at the college level. The 2016 class is loaded at the top, as we have already noted, which means that there may be some others that are ranked a bit lower than they might have been if they were placed in the 2015 class.

This past year, it was such freshmen as Riley LaChance, Vince Edwards, and Marial Shayok that burst out on the scene and left heavy imprints on their squad during the more crucial moments during conference play. Who might fit that mold within the 2016 class? Guys like Rice commit and 6’6 wing Josh Hall, UConn commit and 6’8 big man Mamadou Diarra, and South Florida commit and 6’8 wing-forwardTroy Baxter fit the mold.

Last edited:

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I think a lot of the recruiting guys are really sleeping on Mamadou. Kid has length and athleticism.

Reaction Score
This may be trivial to some, but it looks like diara can dunk with no step. I mean, standing under the hoop and just jumping straight up. I think he can actually do it easily. I always see this as a requisite skill for an NBA big. I also don't expect to see this from dudes under 6'10". We may just have a very good sleeper recruit here. Looking forward to see him surprise some people.

Reaction Score
This may be trivial to some, but it looks like diara can dunk with no step. I mean, standing under the hoop and just jumping straight up. I think he can actually do it easily. I always see this as a requisite skill for an NBA big. I also don't expect to see this from dudes under 6'10". We may just have a very good sleeper recruit here. Looking forward to see him surprise some people.

I agree... the player that he reminds me of in terms of explosiveness and wingspan, while being on the short side for a big, is Elton Brand (someone might correct me but I think he was actually 6'6" or 6'7" barefoot). Brand wasn't that tall but could dunk everything and seemed to jump faster than everyone on his first AND second leap.

Reaction Score
I agree... the player that he reminds me of in terms of explosiveness and wingspan, while being on the short side for a big, is Elton Brand (someone might correct me but I think he was actually 6'6" or 6'7" barefoot). Brand wasn't that tall but could dunk everything and seemed to jump faster than everyone on his first AND second leap.

According to this, Brand was 6-8.25 barefoot, which surprised me, since he was listed at 6-8 nearly his whole career.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Elton-Brand-1779/

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He's going to be a fan favorite without question. 4 year productive big who hustles his tail off and has a great name? That's the dream in college basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom