Petiti verbalizing contraction (Ross Dellenger article) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Petiti verbalizing contraction (Ross Dellenger article)

Reaction Score
The Big10 wants the Texas and Florida markets as well. Doesn’t mean that they will have Texas/ TAMU or Florida/FSU as members anytime soon. It takes 2 to tango and USC wanted out.

USC/UCLA left because the PAC fumbled their way through the realignment period. They could have had Texas and Oklahoma back in 2010, but choose to pass. They could have had the $30 million and destroyed the Big12, but they choose to pass. Every choice they made was wrong and it backfired.
You always pay attention to historical data when putting together a plan .
There were Six BCS conferences and through a number of blunders it became the unofficial P5 vs G5 split of the FBS schools. with the Big East dying
The pack repeated the same errors as that conference exactly with the same result .. That the definition of insanity .
The Big 12 to their credit got aggressive and survived
The ACC is simply in a panic when a calm rational plan can save them even if raided .

Reaction Score
The B12 lost 6 programs, they had to get aggressive to survive. There was nothing calm about their plan, they just got lucky the PAC-12 was even more inept.

Reaction Score
You always pay attention to historical data when putting together a plan .
There were Six BCS conferences and through a number of blunders it became the unofficial P5 vs G5 split of the FBS schools. with the Big East dying
The pack repeated the same errors as that conference exactly with the same result .. That the definition of insanity .
The Big 12 to their credit got aggressive and survived
The ACC is simply in a panic when a calm rational plan can save them even if raided .
The ACC appears not to be in trouble due to the GOR’s. I think the Big 12 is not in much danger either given that most of their teams are not desirable. ESPN might merge whatever teams are left of the Big 12 and the ACC if either conference loses teams. That would take the B1G and the SEC to grow to 24 teams, which seems unlikely.

Reaction Score
you know a big thing in these plans... we all know the B10 would like to capture all... I kind of wonder if the SEC doesn't care nearly as much?

Reaction Score
you know a big thing in these plans... we all know the B10 would like to capture all... I kind of wonder if the SEC doesn't care nearly as much?

I think that the SEC is not s interested in going coast to coast...

They like their regional model.

Reaction Score
The B12 lost 6 programs, they had to get aggressive to survive. There was nothing calm about their plan, they just got lucky the PAC-12 was even more inept.

Actually the Big 12 got a strong and competent leadership similar to the B1G and SEC leadership while the Pac-12's leadership is much more similar to the Big 12's old leadership.

Reaction Score

That is a great point, I doubt that the SEC nor ESPN has a desire to dilute them and make them a coast-to-coast conference. The B1G and Big 12 were better suited for that and I think that both are done with are are interested in more regional expansion (East Coast). The ACC should be more like the SEC and holding serve. Stanford, Cal and SMU can add some value, but further ACC expansion dilutes them.

Reaction Score
The ACC should have "held serve" before going into the northeast years back...stayed more regional

Reaction Score
The ACC should have "held serve" before going into the northeast years back...stayed more regional
But then you probably wouldn't be posting on this board if they'd done that.

Reaction Score
Dunno....But I post on the WVU board (21 years), Tex Ags, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Ohio State....among others....I am a football fan...and more than just a fan who follows only his alma mater...

Been chatting football since the interwebz kicked in.

True...I discovered UConn when the ACC was expanding a decade ago...thought you might be a conference mate... The BC board used to be a good board...have not looked at it in years...it devolved.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score

ACC took the wrong schools. Needed to start with the state flagships (Rutgers & UConn). They thought football history mattered more than markets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom