Paul Mulcahy | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Paul Mulcahy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There's a decent chance we land him & Delaire in the coming weeks.
That would be a great start to 2019 recruiting if it happens. Can either reclass to 18?

Reaction Score
He seems to be a solid ball handler and passer. Not sold on his athletic talent as he is 6'5" and I don't see one dunk. Also, not big fan on how low he holds the ball when he shoots. Almost looks like he is shot putting it. I can see 6'5" in high school getting that shot off but he will be get blocked a lot with that shot in college. I trust in Hurley's judgement so I guess this would be good pickup.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
That would be a great start to 2019 recruiting if it happens. Can either reclass to 18?
Pretty sure neither can.
Matrim, you have been right before so I trust you.

Could you share what you are basing this on?
The usual AAU scuttlebutt plus some folks close to the program who've been right before.

Reaction Score
That would be a Great start for 2019. Hopefully we can still land Precisous even tho he’s also a SF.
Would love to see
Leque
Precious
Jaiden
and a solid big, maybe Akok but think we can get better.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Seeing all of these other coaches get in-home visits is a little concerning.

Hurley really ought to see the man Mulcahy.

Maybe Mulcahy wants a back up plan. Or maybe he wants to just hear what others have to say.

Reaction Score
Per 2-4-7, Nova is sniffing around but are yet to offer. Regardless, he's got a strong list of schools that have offered. Florida, Xavier, Seton Hall, Marquette, Northwestern, just to name a few.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Four years from now, if Hurley’s 12th man off the bench isn’t a 5 star recruit then I’m not renewing my season tickets. Only top 20 guys from here on out...
I admire your patience. Definitely not casual.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He seems to be a solid ball handler and passer. Not sold on his athletic talent as he is 6'5" and I don't see one dunk. Also, not big fan on how low he holds the ball when he shoots. Almost looks like he is shot putting it. I can see 6'5" in high school getting that shot off but he will be get blocked a lot with that shot in college. I trust in Hurley's judgement so I guess this would be good pickup.

He's a 6'5 distributing PG. It's not the NBA. I'm not worried he can't get his shot off in college. Look at Lonzo.

Reaction Score
He's a 6'5 distributing PG. It's not the NBA. I'm not worried he can't get his shot off in college. Look at Lonzo.

A six foot five inch point guard could shoot from his stomach like some of the women's players on the lesser teams and still not get blocked very often at the college level.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Prep team ended the season 25-4, 9-0 in conference and the 5th ranked team in the state of New Jersey. And it's pretty much just him and a bunch of 6 - 6'3 slow white kids. He led the team in Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, and Blocks.

If you have a few minutes watch this game below(The clip cuts out all the stoppages so its a fast watch). He puts on a clinic in the state playoffs here. He guards all 5 positions and plays all 5 positions and doesn't miss a single shot or free throw. He pretty much makes the optimal basketball play on every possession.

The intangibles are off the chart, Kid has some serious basketball instincts. IDK what 24/7 is smoking there is no way there are 162 better juniors in the country than this kid.

Schedule - Gill St. Bernard's Knights Basketball (Gladstone, NJ)

Last edited:

UconnU

Reaction Score
A six foot five inch point guard could shoot from his stomach like some of the women's players on the lesser teams and still not get blocked very often at the college level.
That low release is how a lot of coaches are teaching kids to shoot now, if they think they can get it off. Stephen Curry popularized it; you have better vision of the hoop, it's a little more accurate.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That low release is how a lot of coaches are teaching kids to shoot now, if they think they can get it off. Stephen Curry popularized it; you have better vision of the hoop, it's a little more accurate.

If you're good, it's a quicker release too.

Reaction Score

Much rather my kids use korver or klay as a model. Almost just as.fast, more fundamentally sound.

Steph is an alien for what he does

UconnU

Reaction Score
I think we should try to get him, but is he really top 100 anywhere?
Future 150 has him at 100. He's criminally underrated at 160 on 24/7. He's the type of player that will be top 75 with Duke and Nova offers if we don't secure a commitment/build a great relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom