Paul Mulcahy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paul Mulcahy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I like the comparison. The guy that popped into my mind was 'the Dove' Henefeld - high feel for the game, the glue man that makes every else better.
Agreed. Looking at URI roster from last year there are at least 4 guards who were in the 6-3 to 6-5 height. Hurley also recruiting 6-4 guard Brendan Adams.

Reaction Score
Height, passing and dribbling, make me think of Sheffer. Always seems in control like Doron.

Reaction Score
Giffey was recruited and billed specifically as a shooter, and won the 3 point shooting contest on First Night as a freshman...

And proceeded to shoot 32% (under 30 his Junior year). He was not a knock-down shooter until his senior year.

Giffey wasn't really billed as anything. He was a late throw-in who we knew very little about. Looked like a decent standstill shooter and rebounder.

Reaction Score
Based on that highlight, this kid seems super competitive. Celebrates or mean mugs his defender after almost every play in that video.

With that being said, I don't hate the competitive nature as long as he's on our team. Would probably despise him if we were playing against him though.

Reaction Score
I like the kid a lot. His shot needs work it does not look good at all but those passes can't be taught.

Agreed. Very good court awareness. He’s a pass first player. Just watching his video I don’t recall any of our players getting that excited about making an assist! I like him a lot

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If this kid was 200 pounds instead of 170 he would be a top 50 kid. Somebody needs to get him in the weight room.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Doron Sheffer had an assist to turnover ratio of over 12:1 his last year at UConn. That is absolutely unheard of in today’s game. Anything close to him would be spectacular.
That is insane. Had to look it up myself. Incredible. 6.1apg, 0.5tpg in 32 minutes per game. Wow.
it's unheard of & insane because it's incorrect. He didn't go from 3 tpg as a junior to .5 as a senior.

Someone needs to re-watch the whole season and track his stats, then send it to sports-reference. Do we have any volunteers?

Reaction Score
Doron Sheffer had an assist to turnover ratio of over 12:1 his last year at UConn. That is absolutely unheard of in today’s game. Anything close to him would be spectacular.
I would not expect anything close to that level of production from anyone. Those numbers are extraordinarily special, but based on physical attributes and pace of play, do you think they're similar in your opinion?

Reaction Score
I like him off his tapes. Looks like he plays hard and with anger. Looks like a kid who really cares about winning and plays every possession like it’s the last one of the game.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I like him off his tapes. Looks like he plays hard and with anger. Looks like a kid who really cares about winning and plays every possession like it’s the last one of the game.
His prep team went 25-4 in a tough league and lost in the state championship I believe and he was the best player on the team. This is a kid that wins.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hoping the kids good, see some nice things but you have to laugh at this. If KO recruited him it would be a disaster but #145 in the class is fine with our new coach. LOL ...this kid is Emmett Matthews who many said we can't afford that type of player.

Anyway I like everything but the release, needs to get that up to the elbow. By the way I do hope Danny has a better eye for the potential of players as well as developing them and I have faith he does.

His game doesn't sound much like Matthews though. Hurley likely has a different vision for what skills he'd like his players to have.

And I'm with another poster in that...exactly which schools are recruiting him is often one of the best indicators

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Thought it was weird that "needs to improve" has listed transition vision....when write ups seemed to indicate that passing skills and vision were superlative.

Also the writeup says he isn't a knock down shooter (implied a Lonzo Ball makeup), even though it appears as one of his strengths.

Last edited:

UconnU

Reaction Score
Thought it was weird that "needs to improve" has listed transition vision....when write ups seemed to indicate that passing skills and vision were superlative.
Court vision/awareness is his best skill.

Reaction Score
His stroke isn’t bad at all. A lot of kids are shooting from down lower now due to The Steph Curry Effect. Elbow is in, no funny hitch mid shot or anything else that would stop him from hitting open jumpers. Looks like a good player against mid and high major competition in that video. We really need a fundamentally solid guard and he looks like one. At 6’4”, he’s a no brainer given our current roster.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Didn't we try that a while ago? I don't think it went all that well. You'd have to sticky it

Yeah, too much clutter. And too much of a pain in the arse linking back and forth for guys providing content. Everything just gets posted twice.

Reaction Score
I would really love an official recruiting thread where we could have actual information on recruiting news posted by TCF or other approved posters so I don't have to read every es opinion on every recruit, but still be in the know.
Will be doing something similar to this over on the UConn rivals site: StorrsCentral.com - UConn Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2019 Recruit Tracker

It's behind a paywall right now, but you can check the 2018 one I did for an idea of what it will look like (haven't updated this one in a while): StorrsCentral.com - UConn Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018 Recruit Tracker

2019 will look something like this for all kids offered (the dates are linked to the tweets with the corresponding information):
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 2.24.43 PM.png

intlzncster

Reaction Score
it's unheard of & insane because it's incorrect. He didn't go from 3 tpg as a junior to .5 as a senior.

Someone needs to re-watch the whole season and track his stats, then send it to sports-reference. Do we have any volunteers?

Yeah, I raised an eye on that one. Not that I remember well, but 12:1? Come on.

Wouldn't be surprised if somebody fat fingered that data point somewhere along the line.

Here's a source that has him at 3.1 per game.

UConn Huskies Stats - Doron Sheffer

Reaction Score

I have the 1995-96 media guide which has Sheffer's game-by-game stats for 93/94 and 94/95 and box scores from the 94/95 season. If anyone on here has the 1996-97 media guide, I'm sure those will be in there.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

UconnU

Reaction Score
This kid never comes off the floor for New Heights. Mostly plays PG even though he’s 6’5 and plays well off the ball.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Any relation to former RU AD Bob Mulcahy?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd rather he be a 6'5 PG, why are people saying he has to be a SG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom