Paul Mulcahy | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Paul Mulcahy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who said he was going to get a class full of 5 stars?

Go back and look at all the posts about Lecque and a number of other highly rated kids. People were getting giddy a week or two ago.

Reaction Score
We don't need 5 stars to be good again. We need guys who stick around. Not one and dones.

I agree, just quoting others who were getting all hot for Lecque and others a week or two ago.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Go back and look at all the posts about Lecque and a number of other highly rated kids. People were getting giddy a week or two ago.

Giddy is the right word. Drunk with excitement. ie not reality.

If there's seven different 5* guys with interest, we might get one. That's where the excitement comes from. So everybody gets excited about all of them just because.

But classes of 5-stars we will not have.

Reaction Score
I’m still gitty about Lecque and a number of other recruits. But no one thinks we’ll bat .1000 and get all of them

Reaction Score
Tough and smart, reminds me of that guy Florida had when we played them in 2014---Scottie Wilbekin

Let's hope he doesn't get suspended at the start of two seasons for his "off season" proclivities, like Wilbekin. Got so tired of Florida fans we've known for years always talking about "Scottie" and it's funny how they never called to congratulate UConn when Scottie lost to the Huskies the last two times we played. They are diehard fans and still can't come to grips with how their boys blew the huge first half lead in the Final Four.

Reaction Score
No one thought we were going to become Kentucky. If this kid commits it doesn't stop us from signing other 4* and 5* guys in '18 or beyond.

Reaction Score
Really like this kid's game. There's always room for guys who make everyone around them better. Plus he looks to have a chip on his shoulder. Yes please.

Reaction Score
Giddy is the right word. Drunk with excitement. ie not reality.

If there's seven different 5* guys with interest, we might get one. That's where the excitement comes from. So everybody gets excited about all of them just because.

But classes of 5-stars we will not have.
Kentucky gets a bunch of 5 * every year. They struggle, get better towards the end of the season and then get knocked out of the tournament. Because at that point they are all thinking about the draft and playing for themselves to impress NBA scouts. Calapari is basically running an NBA farm team. I say the hell with these guys who have no intention of staying. If one wants to come ok, take him. But I think recruiting should be aimed at building a team. We have consistantly beat Kentucky when we were good, and did it with guys who were on paper not the level of recruits Kentucky was putting on the floor. I'll take a veteran TEAM with solid players any day over a team with rookies more concerned about themselves than anything else. Just my opinion, based on what I see every year.

Reaction Score
I’m still gitty about Lecque and a number of other recruits. But no one thinks we’ll bat .1000 and get all of them
I do. I have so much trust in Hurley I not only believe we will get all the recruits we go after, I also believe we might get some highly rated recruits we don't go after. This staff is that good. Our future is that bright!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Will be doing something similar to this over on the UConn rivals site: StorrsCentral.com - UConn Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2019 Recruit Tracker

It's behind a paywall right now, but you can check the 2018 one I did for an idea of what it will look like (haven't updated this one in a while): StorrsCentral.com - UConn Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018 Recruit Tracker

2019 will look something like this for all kids offered (the dates are linked to the tweets with the corresponding information):
View attachment 30583
you've been two-timing us? Thomas... you have a lot of splaining to do

Reaction Score
Yes. It's not an infrequent occurrence here
Well if it was meant literally Mick, there's no place for it here. I'm removing my like...never thought of it being literal. Thought we were all way beyond these thoughts, never mind remarks!

Reaction Score
Kentucky gets a bunch of 5 * every year. They struggle, get better towards the end of the season and then get knocked out of the tournament. Because at that point they are all thinking about the draft and playing for themselves to impress NBA scouts. Calapari is basically running an NBA farm team. I say the hell with these guys who have no intention of staying. If one wants to come ok, take him. But I think recruiting should be aimed at building a team. We have consistantly beat Kentucky when we were good, and did it with guys who were on paper not the level of recruits Kentucky was putting on the floor. I'll take a veteran TEAM with solid players any day over a team with rookies more concerned about themselves than anything else. Just my opinion, based on what I see every year.

Agree wholeheartedly. Just look at what happened with the 2006 team that seemed to be more worried about avoiding injury diving for loose balls, etc. than any team in my sometimes limited memory.

Reaction Score
Well if it was meant literally Mick, there's no place for it here. I'm removing my like...never thought of it being literal. Thought we were all way beyond these thoughts, never mind remarks!

Assuming the worst of people should be the rule of thumb on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom