Paul Mulcahy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paul Mulcahy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From February:

A 6-foot-5 lead guard with unbelievable vision, passing skills and an elite feel for the game, Mulcahy isn’t a premier athlete, nor is he a knockdown shooter, but he is someone that makes everyone around him better. The sophomore makes every pass that a coach would ever want.
There are not a lot of players like Paul Mulcahy. A 6-foot-4 point guard that brings an unselfish brand of basketball to the floor, his passing skills are second to none and so is his mature demeanor and playing style. While he isn’t an elite athlete, his IQ for the game is excellent, as is Mulcahy’s ability to control the pace. Throw it all together and it gives good reason for the New Jersey native to move up in the next rankings update for the 2019 class.

Reaction Score
From February:

A 6-foot-5 lead guard with unbelievable vision, passing skills and an elite feel for the game, Mulcahy isn’t a premier athlete, nor is he a knockdown shooter, but he is someone that makes everyone around him better. The sophomore makes every pass that a coach would ever want.
There are not a lot of players like Paul Mulcahy. A 6-foot-4 point guard that brings an unselfish brand of basketball to the floor, his passing skills are second to none and so is his mature demeanor and playing style. While he isn’t an elite athlete, his IQ for the game is excellent, as is Mulcahy’s ability to control the pace. Throw it all together and it gives good reason for the New Jersey native to move up in the next rankings update for the 2019 class.

This description reminds me a lot of Giffey (who didn't really turn into a knockdown shooter until his Senior year). If Mulcahy is anything like that, he's a lot of what we've been missing recently.

Reaction Score
This description reminds me a lot of Giffey (who didn't really turn into a knockdown shooter until his Senior year). If Mulcahy is anything like that, he's a lot of what we've been missing recently.

I like the comparison. The guy that popped into my mind was 'the Dove' Henefeld - high feel for the game, the glue man that makes every else better.

Reaction Score
He's 145th which my point is that wasn't good enough anymore for the past staff. Listen I liked Matthews so by no means am I putting this kid down whatsoever. They are very similar though I could care less of the numbers but again, only going by the usual highlights.
I hear you, I just wanted to provide a counterpoint. AAU play will be a good indicator of how good these kids really are. The fact that he’s moved from NJ Playaz to New Heights is great for us. It will make it easier to recruit Achiuwa and him simultaneously.

Reaction Score
A PG with great court vision and passing reminds you of Niels Giffey?

Not the PG part (Rivals and Future have him as a SG FWIW). Similar height, good passer, BBIQ, glue guy (insert basketball cliché here)...I admit I'm not extremely familiar with Mulcahy yet, this is just the feel I got from that quote.

Reaction Score
From February:

He shrunk an inch from paragraph to paragraph but the good news is we know he's 6-2 1/2 or 6'3. Still good size for a guard. "isn't a premier athlete....Not a knockdown shooter" concerns me

Reaction Score
Tough and smart, reminds me of that guy Florida had when we played them in 2014---Scottie Wilbekin

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I like the comparison. The guy that popped into my mind was 'the Dove' Henefeld - high feel for the game, the glue man that makes every else better.
JFC man, Nadav was a SF or stretch 4. Mulcahy's a PG.

If you need to compare him to a white guy, just go with "Doron without a jump shot."

Reaction Score
I would really love an official recruiting thread where we could have actual information on recruiting news posted by TCF or other approved posters so I don't have to read every es opinion on every recruit, but still be in the know.

Reaction Score
I would really love an official recruiting thread where we could have actual information on recruiting news posted by TCF or other approved posters so I don't have to read every es opinion on every recruit, but still be in the know.
Didn't we try that a while ago? I don't think it went all that well. You'd have to sticky it

Reaction Score
That looked like an 8th grade highlight tape. I was surprised to see it was posted 7 months ago.

Good passer, crafty ball handler. Ugly shot that hopefully can be worked on. Clearly on the radar screens of a lot of programs which is a positive sign.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Too much needless comparison to this guy or that guy. What it seems like to me is that (a) the ranking is too low or hasn't caught up, given the schools offering him and (b) he's a basketball player. What I mean by that is that he's a versatile piece who simply knows how to play.

Both Ollie and Calhoun to some extent, tended to recruit athletes and try to turn them into basketball players. Calhoun could, Ollie couldn't. Not saying JC didn't get basketball players...KEA was a great example. Much better player than athlete. So was Marcus Williams. Hurley seems to be taking the Gregg Marshall approach, and recruiting guys who just flat out know how to play. How to position themselves on the court, move the ball etc. Watching the Villanova NC game, one of the most stunning take aways for me was how often the Nova guys ran to exactly the right spot to allow their teammate, trapped under the basket, to get them the ball for a clean look. That's the kind of overall awareness we've had zero of lately. None. Maybe Jalen, if he had anybody else with similar instincts to play with.

Reaction Score
The passing ability alone got me thinking of Jason "White Chocolate" Williams.

Reaction Score
After seeing Nova a shooter is always needed as we saw with UConn the past couple of years.
The people who thought Ollie should get another year and/or who didn't like the Hurley hire.

Reaction Score
Giffey was recruited and billed specifically as a shooter, and won the 3 point shooting contest on First Night as a freshman...

Reaction Score
JFC man, Nadav was a SF or stretch 4. Mulcahy's a PG.

If you need to compare him to a white guy, just go with "Doron without a jump shot."

That works too. Although I don't remember much 'jump' in that shot.

Reaction Score
A PG with great court vision and passing reminds you of Niels Giffey?
He is a 2 guard who plays some point on his HS team.He'll be a 2 in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom