Paul Mulcahy announcing tomorrow | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Paul Mulcahy announcing tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
This just rings funny when you consider that his son was a high major kid and wasn't particularly good.
Wasn't terrible, his son wasn't nearly as talented as this kid though.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You guys are crazy for not wanting this kid. Probably the most well coached kid i've ever seen on tape. Whenever you can get a high major Sina coached kid you take him, easy the best high school coach in the tri-state area right now.
Just a difference of opinion. I saw nothing in the tapes that got me excited.

Now I’ve been wrong before about players. Thought LeBlanc was going to be special. Same with Wrenn. And I’ve been right with KEA, BG and Mek among others.

Funny thing is so many Boneyarders have projected players as being special and invariably end up being wrong at one time or another. And yet with all of this evidence regarding how difficult it is to assess high school players (outside a select few) we argue our observations are bullet proof.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tenor.gif
Love it when 8893 gets all feisty.

Reaction Score
Lol no one wants him bc he’s not interested in coming here. A few weeks ago everyone was in love with his game

Half the posts praising him were from one poster. That thread was predominantly a place to talk about Sheffer's assist/TO ratio and especially shooting mechanics. Per usual. "Everyone was in love with his game" is quite the exagerration.

Reaction Score
Now I’ve been wrong before about players. Thought LeBlanc was going to be special. Same with Wrenn.

Not wrong about them as players, but as fans we have no way of knowing what the “fit” will be based on other factors. Even the coaches don’t until they get to school. I was told even before the season started, that LeBlanc would likely be gone at the end the year if there weren’t significant “adjustments”. More obviously with Wrenn, it wasn’t all about whether he had the basketball ability.

Reaction Score
This is so wrong, it couldn't be further from the truth.

It started in 2013 when he first took the job.

The are many threads, they still exist, I can point you to them. One particular poster was so overboard in his criticism that he did not enjoy the 2014 national championship victory, and indeed he disappeared that month and for many months after.

This is very easy to prove.
We were talking specifically about “closing on recruits” but sure maybe your right and there were idiots who bashed KO prematurely, I was a young student athlete myself so I didn’t frequent the boneyard often back then(I don’t even think I posted back then) That gives other posters the right to be idiots and bash Hurley prematurely? Either way it’s dumb and criticizing Hurley 2018 the same way you criticized KO 2017-18 isn’t fair. Hurley hasn’t royally screwed up the way KO did

Reaction Score
Why are we still talking about Ollie? He's gone and there is nothing to debate anymore. He started off great and he sucked in the end. End of story.

He was just coaching here 2 months ago and you couldn't crap on anyone more than he for 3 years like you did. So suddenly everyone has to stop? Do we stop talking about JC? I mean I get the 2 had tremendously different impacts for our university but KO still won a NC I expect his name to come up and you should too. When KO whiffed on a player people here always brought up what JC would've done and it will always be that way. When Hurley leaves his impact on the school will dictate what the BYers discuss for the guy who gets the job after him.

I will agree though we need to let Danny Hurley create his brand and the comparisons in the 2 aren't necessary for now. I have the utmost confidence his success will ultimately allow you to get your wish of no more KO talk.

Reaction Score
We were talking specifically about “closing on recruits” but sure maybe your right and there were idiots who bashed KO prematurely, I was a young student athlete myself so I didn’t frequent the boneyard often back then(I don’t even think I posted back then) That gives other posters the right to be idiots and bash Hurley prematurely? Either way it’s dumb and criticizing Hurley 2018 the same way you criticized KO 2017-18 isn’t fair. Hurley hasn’t royally screwed up the way KO did

Your problem here is "idiots" and "bashing". Not saying people don't deserve to be called idiots hell I know I do, maybe once :eek:, but this case wasn't deserving. It was simply a comparison by someone and not one of ill intention. And I am sure no one is going to compare KO 2016-2018 to anything Danny does for now not sure where you're getting that. This team will show much more heart than what we saw last year I am sure or kids won't be playing.

Hurley is going to be fine on his own he will prove to the naysayers with time I have no doubt.

Reaction Score
New Jersey has a state school?

At the other extreme is Univ of Penn - perhaps the only 'U of' school that is NOT a state school.

Good luck to Pauly - an 'oi' decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline