Paul Mulcahy announcing tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paul Mulcahy announcing tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why are people bashing the kid? He played one subpar weekend of AAU ball before taking the next weekend off to do visits. He led the 4th best team in New Jersey in every statistical category playing against the best programs in the state. Kid can ball.
Because DH couldn't get him - now the kid is a dog - LOL - a while ago most everyone here was singing the praises
I've seen enough film to know he can play
I heard he did not shine in a few AAU tournaments but sometimes kids go through the ups and downs
If he declared UConn - he is unreal and it's DH magic
The kid is heading P5, Rutgers, but P5
There's other fish in the pond that DH can get and I hope/pray he gets a few nice ones - UConn needs them
This one won't be the first or last to look in another direction.

Reaction Score
He was literally the second coming of Donte DiVincenzo right after a picture of him with Hurley came out.
You sure you aren't making this up? I don't remember people comparing him to Donte DiVincenzo, I don't even remember anyone actually saying he is athletic.

Reaction Score
Wow this announcement date came out of nowhere. One could say that he was deceptively quick in doing so.

Maybe he knows he played like bum so cashing in on a D1 high major offer while he can.

Reaction Score
Because Dan Hurley couldn't get him - now the kid is a dog - LOL - a while ago most everyone here was singing the praises
I heard he did not shine in a few AAU tournaments but sometimes kids go through the ups and downs
If he declared UConn - he is unreal and it's Dan Hurley magic
There's other fish in the pond that Dan Hurley can get and I hope/pray he gets a few nice ones - UConn needs them
“Dan Hurley couldn’t get him.”

Yup. That was 100% exactly what happened. put the full court press on and got beat out by Rutgers. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So many unreasonably hut takes up in here
I dunno, this seems kinda tame for the BY. If we had any inclination he was coming here this thread would be at 17 pages by now and 6 of those pages would probably be about anywhere from the kid liking/retweeting stuff some weirdos tweet at him to what his nickname will be here.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Because Dan Hurley couldn't get him - now the kid is a dog - LOL - a while ago most everyone here was singing the praises
If he declared UConn - he is unreal and it's Dan Hurley magic
There's other fish in the pond that Dan Hurley can get and I hope/pray he gets a few nice ones - UConn needs them
Smh

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I hope he chooses Northwestern, claims it's the 3rd best university for. combining academics and basketball, and sparks debate from partisans who favor Vanderbilt.
Ha. Well he couldn't get into Stanford, that's for sure.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Outside of the Dukes/Kentuckys/Etc Staying around home seems to be a trend with these 18/19 kids. Hopefully that trend continues as NY/NE is loaded with talent, CT alone has 3 kids in the ESPN top 100 for 2019.

Reaction Score
I agree, but I’m kind of surprised at how few PGs Hurley has offered. He has only offered Kira Lewis, Anthony Harris, and Rocket Watts for 2019. Maybe Kyle Sturdivant will get an offer, but hopefully this means he’s feeling confident in his ability to land Watts or Lewis. Harris has only been decent in EYBL play.
Sounds like they're keeping tabs on Al-Amir Dawes, too.

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to gtcam's posts after every UConn loss. :rolleyes:

It will be a pleasure vs yours and a few others after last years losses I promise.

I mean like it or not he makes a good point. When KO lost a kid he wanted he was killed, some because of his own doing I know, but still "he can't close" was the theme. I hope Danny backed off as some suspect because we should win that one if not. It would be no different than the kid who went to RU who KO and the staff wanted last year, we should not lose to Pikiell even though he's a good guy.

By no means is this kid a must get and it seems this new staff has the blanket out so let's be patient. But if they wanted him no reason to say "that's okay we'll get the next one."No reason to panic either but it's okay to ask.

Reaction Score
It will be a pleasure vs yours and a few others after last years losses I promise.

I mean like it or not he makes a good point. When KO lost a kid he wanted he was killed, some because of his own doing I know, but still "he can't close" was the theme. I hope Danny backed off as some suspect because we should win that one if not. It would be no different than the kid who went to RU who KO and the staff wanted last year, we should not lose to Pikiell even though he's a good guy.

By no means is this kid a must get and it seems this new staff has the blanket out so let's be patient. But if they wanted him no reason to say "that's okay we'll get the next one."No reason to panic either but it's okay to ask.
KO didn’t always get criticized like that. It was after yr 4 when everything was a disaster. It was after multiple recruiting losses that the staff thought they had locked up. Dan Hurley has been on the job for a couple months and hasn’t even had the time to lose a recruit he prioritized. The comparison is dumb and doesn’t fit. Gtcam and the KO fan club are taking every chance they get to say, “but if that was KO....” and it’s getting pathetic/annoying

Reaction Score
KO didn’t always get criticized like that. It was after yr 4 when everything was a disaster. It was after multiple recruiting losses that the staff thought they had locked up. Dan Hurley has been on the job for a couple months and hasn’t even had the time to lose a recruit he prioritized. The comparison is dumb and doesn’t fit. Gtcam and the KO fan club are taking every chance they get to say, “but if that was KO....” and it’s getting pathetic/annoying

Not as annoying as the last 3 years I can tell you that so don't read my replies then because you annoy me with this reply.

Reaction Score

The "KO can't close" criticism started pretty early, particularly before he landed the Durham/Jackson/Gilbert class.

Reaction Score
Not as annoying as the last 3 years I can tell you that so don't read my replies then because you annoy me with this reply.
I wasn’t referring to you in the annoying/pathetic group, but if the truth annoys you then there isn’t much I can do. KO earned his criticism, DH hasn’t

Reaction Score
The "KO can't close" criticism started pretty early, particularly before he landed the Durham/Jackson/Gilbert class.
It started well after 2 months on the job lmfao. The KO can’t close criticism started when KO wasn’t closing on recruit after recruit. He earned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom