Paul Mulcahy announcing tomorrow | The Boneyard

Paul Mulcahy announcing tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not even mentioned as one of the six schools recruiting him...yikes

Reaction Score
We can do better....he's ok but there are many pg's better than him.
I agree, but I’m kind of surprised at how few PGs Hurley has offered. He has only offered Kira Lewis, Anthony Harris, and Rocket Watts for 2019. Maybe Kyle Sturdivant will get an offer, but hopefully this means he’s feeling confident in his ability to land Watts or Lewis. Harris has only been decent in EYBL play.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Yeah, he’s lost a lot of interest lately because of his AAU performance. Word is that he’s Rutgers bound.
AAU Stats on Harris are misleading he is on the best AAU team in the country. He actually averages more points than Roach, who's a top 10 player.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Wow the narrative changed quickly on this one. Last I read about this kid is he is extremely underrated in his class and we almost had him locked up.

His AAU performance knocked him down that much?
Or are people just saying he's not good anymore because he doesn't want to come here?

Reaction Score
Wow the narrative changed quickly on this one. Last I read about this kid is he is extremely underrated in his class and we almost had him locked up.

His AAU performance knocked him down that much?
Or are people just saying he's not good anymore because he doesn't want to come here?

He was clearly outplayed by most of the guards he went up against, at least in the first UA tournament this spring

Reaction Score
Full court press on Rocket Watts I'm sure. Hurley took EC Matthews from Detroit, turned him into an NBA talent in 2 years, and made him a top 5 player in URI history. Not a hard narrative to spin for Watts at UConn. Or so we can hope

Reaction Score
Wasn't Mulcahy the first player Hurley prioritized seeing in April? If that is correct, it sort of suggests that our cooling off is likely more related to sensing we were not going to be successful, rather than we have bigger fish on the hook. I agree he has weaknesses, but Mulcahy seems like a versatile player that could help the team and a natural NJ connection for Hurley without competing with the biggest programs. I'm not terribly disappointed about this particular player, but it does seem like the first swing for a 2019 player was a whiff.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There he is. Lock thread.

game-over-reaper-spiral-movie-poster-medium-pp31942-medium_c0cd1c686721654f7de8fe7998bec3e0.jpg

Reaction Score
Wasn't Mulcahy the first player Hurley prioritized seeing in April? If that is correct, it sort of suggests that our cooling off is likely more related to sensing we were not going to be successful, rather than we have bigger fish on the hook.
Nope

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Why are people bashing the kid? He played one subpar weekend of AAU ball before taking the next weekend off to do visits. He led the 4th best team in New Jersey in every statistical category playing against the best programs in the state. Kid can ball.

Reaction Score
I would have been happy with him, need tbat first commit to get the class kicked off.

Reaction Score
There are definitely better PGs in the class but doesn’t he have ties to Achiuwa and Quinones? Could it hurt our chances with those two if he goes elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom