OT: - Pats v. Chiefs | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats v. Chiefs

Reaction Score
I do think Mahomes would have scored, because he's so good, but... look at the TOP, Chiefs only ran 40 odd plays. Patriots ran 97. Huge difference.

Like I said "first half" right? The Chiefs were dreadful 32 yards. BB's prep was really impressive. Reids adjustments were really good 2nd half but too late with a defense that was done.

Reaction Score
Coming fro you, that's a compliment. At least 50 stages up on your evolutionary ladder. I am a football idiot-indeed. You are moving up too because you are easily the most unknowledgeable poster when it comes to football on this entire board. One day hopefully, when you're 100 year old, you will attain and rise up to my level of idiocy.
1077.jpg

Reaction Score
Like I said "first half" right? The Chiefs were dreadful 32 yards. BB's prep was really impressive. Reids adjustments were really good 2nd half but too late with a defense that was done.

Eh, they did the same in 2nd half as in first, but connected. The one TD was a product of 35 yard PI (not a good throw by Mahomes), and a non-called pick play. His best adjustment was stopping the Patriots run game, that was good by Reid. But idiotic by Daniels to insist on running into a brick wall. Should have been passing with Brady after that adjustment. Patriots didn't open up the offense until the 4th quarter when it was almost too late.

Reaction Score
Total BS. The announcers were saying exactly what I am saying. Romo talked about Dorsett getting mugged. He talked about the blatant and obvious pick play. He talked about Gronk getting mugged. Your Patriot hatred is showing because the objective announcers are saying exactly what I am saying.

Romo is a dope he's afraid to say it like it is, everyone on earth thought it was easily PIU but you Romo and all Pats fans. Pick plays happen all the time live with it seen Edelman jam people all the time. My hatred is nothing compare to how blind you actually are but most of you Pats fans are in defense of you it's not just you. Everyone of my buddies in WesMass who vary with their fandom (Cowboys, Jets, Vikings, Skins, Eagles and more) we golf together, during together, go out with wives together but if the Pats are playing any of our teams and they want us over, no shot. Too many whack jobs to listen to. Every play there should be a call on the other team and you seem to fit right in with that.

You won, let it be.

Reaction Score
Eh, they did the same in 2nd half as in first, but connected. The one TD was a product of 35 yard PI (not a good throw by Mahomes), and a non-called pick play. His best adjustment was stopping the Patriots run game, that was good by Reid. But idiotic by Daniels to insist on running into a brick wall. Should have been passing with Brady after that adjustment. Patriots didn't open up the offense until the 4th quarter when it was almost too late.

Wow this post is your worst, my God. You don't think Brady gets lucky or people make great catches for him? LOL Holy crap insane... Mahomes was the best QB in football this year and it wasn't too close, give him some kudos man.

Reaction Score
Romo is a dope he's afraid to say it like it is, everyone on earth thought it was easily PIU but you Romo and all Pats fans. Pick plays happen all the time live with it seen Edelman jam people all the time. My hatred is nothing compare to how blind you actually are but most of you Pats fans are in defense of you it's not just you. Everyone of my buddies in WesMass who vary with their fandom (Cowboys, Jets, Vikings, Skins, Eagles and more) we golf together, during together, go out with wives together but if the Pats are playing any of our teams and they want us over, no shot. Too many whack jobs to listen to. Every play there should be a call on the other team and you seem to fit right in with that.

You won, let it be.

I actually agreed with you that you can call PI on JC Jackson, so why are you saying I didn't?

I said, be consistent.

Man, the replays of the pick play show the Chief adjusting and going straight at the Patriot and leveling him with a shoulder.

DO NOT BE BLIND.

And what about Dorsett?

Reaction Score
This "all Pats" fans stuff is a hilarious generalization. It's the non Pats fans with anger issues.

Are its not "all" majority would be correct. Maybe the one's who didn't have a hat or tee shirt until 2002 I don't know. Again everyone recognizes it but the Nation. That's hilarious.

Reaction Score
Wow this post is your worst, my God. You don't think Brady gets lucky or people make great catches for him? LOL Holy crap insane... Mahomes was the best QB in football this year and it wasn't too close, give him some kudos man.

What in the world are you even talking about here?

You've lost your mind.

I didn't say anything about a Chief making an outstanding catch or a lucky throw.

Holy cow.

What is wrong with you?

Reaction Score
I actually agreed with you that you can call PI on JC Jackson, so why are you saying I didn't?

I said, be consistent.

Man, the replays of the pick play show the Chief adjusting and going straight at the Patriot and leveling him with a shoulder.

DO NOT BE BLIND.

And what about Dorsett?

What about the call on the DL who didn't hit Brady? what about... on and on and on you are my neighbor. LOL

Reaction Score
What in the world are you even talking about here?

You've lost your mind.

I didn't say anything about a Chief making an outstanding catch or a lucky throw.

Holy cow.

What is wrong with you?

The one TD was a product of 35 yard PI (not a good throw by Mahomes):eek:

Reaction Score
What about the call on the DL who didn't hit Brady? what about... on and on and on you are my neighbor. LOL

Wow--I wrote that the KC gameplan was similar to the first half except for the addition of one more fattie on the DL, which was a good change. But more or less, they stuck with the heaves downfield. And they did! I also wrote one of those drives was benefited by, one, a PI that would not have been a completion because of a poor throw, and a totally illegal pick play. The refs gifted the Chiefs 7 there. That's basically it. Otherwise I think Mahomes is great, was great, and will be great, and I stated this multiple times in this thread long before you chimed in with your, "Give Mahomes credit!"

Reaction Score
Funny I started out saying GOAT for sure, it gets here with these fans and why? Oh yeah it's my hatred. Too funny I am out. Congrats on the win, I believe you win easy in 2 weeks just not a believer in the NFC this year but who knows. I know who I will be rooting for that's for sure.:D

Reaction Score
The one TD was a product of 35 yard PI (not a good throw by Mahomes):eek:

A 35 yard PI & a illegal pick play. Of course it wasn't a good throw--it was inside and short.

Reaction Score
Funny I started out saying GOAT for sure, it gets here with these fans and why? Oh yeah it's my hatred. Too funny I am out. Congrats on the win, I believe you win easy in 2 weeks just not a believer in the NFC this year but who knows. I know who I will be rooting for that's for sure.:D

LOL--playing the innocent. Come on...

Reaction Score

You won, let it be.
Patriots complaining about pick plays is like Dookies complaining about flopping.

The one constant in all these threads is what a loser upstater is.

Reaction Score
Brady takes an enormous pay cut that allows them to go pick up guys. Something no other QB does. He married someone that makes more than him and he has never really tried ri squeeze every dollar out of a negotiation.

I can't believe this isn't talked about more. Giselle being his sugar momma, and the fact that the Patriots have funneled money to Brady via a company he owns, means that Brady's salary is irrelevant and the Patriots can take the extra 10-15MM and put it towards the rest of the roster. No other team with a top QB can do that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What New England did to the state of CT is even bigger bs...how do CT folks even cheer for NE??
I can't stand the Krafts, but the fact is CT couldn't deliver on their promises. That's what killed the deal.

The real complaint is, if it wasn't for the Pats deal collapsing, The Rent would have never been built and we wouldn't be stuck in the AAC.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

His fingers hit Brady's facemask, which is, technically, roughing the passer. Even though it was a bad and stupid call under those circumstances. It's also a bad rule. I think the ref thought the hand made more substantial contact with the crown of the helmet, but he was wrong.

The refs did not decide that second game. Stuff happened both ways. The holding on D by the Chiefs was epic.

Brady has now been to more Super Bowls than any team other than the Patriots has. That's astonishing. The guy deserves the credit he gets.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can't stand the Krafts, but the fact is CT couldn't deliver on their promises. That's what killed the deal.

The real complaint is, if it wasn't for the Pats deal collapsing, The Rent would have never been built and we wouldn't be stuck in the AAC.
I think about that from time to time. If the Pats had built in Hartford, UConn would have played there. That acclimatized people to playing in off campus, Hartford area stadium. Rightly or wrongly, I blame Kraft for that.

Reaction Score
Funny the call was a PI clearly he grabbed then pushed him. The others were what they were, hardly called so they weren't on either side. But you clearly need to be a Pats fan not to see 31 was stopping any momentum. They missed a hold and tug with Gronk out there you can bitch about that but not the one they called down the sideline on your guy.
That pick play was as egregious as the non call in the saints game. It is what it is

And Mahomes is gonna absolutely own the AFC in short time, but at one point yesterday he was 13-26, passing. He will need to become more efficient but he's 23 an and absolute joy to watch. Plus his dad was a Met.

Reaction Score
Are its not "all" majority would be correct. Maybe the one's who didn't have a hat or tee shirt until 2002 I don't know. Again everyone recognizes it but the Nation. That's hilarious.
Everyone knows about bandwagoners.

Thank you very much. Try again.

Reaction Score
Did anyone here think that Brady was not going to score a TD in overtime, when they elected to take the ball?

You could tell throughout the game that Brady had not lost 'his magic'? He's a steps ahead of the young un's and the game is so easy for him. Romo is right he's a coach on the field at all times. He knows he is the best player on the field and will prove it, especially in meaningful games. We all are watching a Michael Jordon at work, and a player we may not see again for a generation or two. I'm no Pats fan, and I'm no Brady fan, I am however a fan of greatness, regardless of jersey.

Lastly did anyone think the Chiefs excessive end zone celebrations were flat out dumb? They basically were poking the bear each time, and forgetting (or not caring) that the game was far from over. They did it 2 times in the 4th quarter, against a Championship team who rarely loses big games. It looked at one time that Reid wanted to corral them. Obviously they've never been there before. Just plain stoopid!

Reaction Score
The worst call was the Brady roughing call.

Granted, the Saints non-call had larger implications for impact on the game. But in that play, the ref may have had a bad angle and with the speed of the game, may not have been able to make the judgment of contact related to when the ball arrived. To us, it was obvious; but he may not have felt comfortable making such a huge call without enough visual evidence in the moment, specifically because you can’t go back and change the call.

The Brady call was as flagrant a “miss”, was made by a ref with at least as bad an angle, and a false positive should always be considered worse than a false negative. Same logic is applied in the judicial system (a thousand guilty men free for a single innocent man convicted, or however it goes)

Reaction Score
I think Mahomes is way better than him as are some others at this point. Brady is great but the greatness has always been more in the coaching IMO. He doesn't get touched and just consistently hits guys open 7-8 yards down the field as they march down the field for scores. Brady is awesome but Belichick is the true genius.
I somewhat disagree. I think they are equals. Put Belicheck on the Packers (with Rodgers) and I still don't see them having this level of success. They are hand in glove, on the same page and a unified force.

As for Brady he's a tactician, just like his Coach and commands games. He seems always to be in control. Much of that is experience combined with unparalleled success. They both better retire at the same time if they want to go out on a high note.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom