OT: - Pats v. Chiefs | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats v. Chiefs

Reaction Score
The pass interference down the sideline and defensive back holdings were a joke. The chiefs were doing the same to the Pats wrs with no calls.

I knew that was going to happen in the 4th quarter when the flag didn't come out on Dorsett's touchdown. And there were other tells as well. For instance, on Hogan's catch, the defender rode him from the line 15 yards downfield. It seemed like two sets of standards for rough play downfield. Not to mention the pick play which was actually very badly done by the Chiefs WR--he didn't disguise the pick at all. Still, the RTP was a ludicrously bad call on the Chiefs, but the funny thing was that Edelman was hammered on that pass. I'd rather have the PI, if they were calling him.

If the RTP was the worst call of that game, the pick play was close and even closer was the OPI on Dorsett which was just mind-boggling.

Reaction Score
It always amazes me to see people give most of the credit to the OL for him being untouched, but it surely has more to do with his quick release. Last week, Ingram and Bosa were shutout, and Bosa was mic'd up talking about all his wins against LT Brown amounting to nothing. This week the top sack team in the NFL shutout. He goes against Aaron Donald in the Super Bowl. Is it his great OL? They deserve credit, so does their coach, but ... throughout the Patriots history, they've made do with castoffs, mid round draftees and mostly UDFAs. This team is no different. That starting 5 had a castoff from San Fran at LT, 3 mid round picks in Mason, Thuney and Cannon, and a UDFA in Andrews. Only Mason is a star OL out of all their guys. The fact he doesn't get sacked has a lot to do with his quick release, and his ability to move in the pocket, and his ability to read the defense pre-snap and post-snap. Most of the credit goes to Brady. He'd do the same with any other OL on any other team. That being said, when he's prevented from using the short passing system, teams can get pressure and hit him hard when he holds the ball longer looking downfield. The Eagles did it last year, and he responded well. The Giants did it well in the first SB and he responded not so well. In the second Giants SB, he was also hit but he had a very good game despite that. The flip side of this is Mahomes. The guy has all the ability in the world, but he held the ball way too long looking for a homerun and one of the most anemic DLs in the entire NFL sacked him multiple times.

OL play and DL play seems to be more of a matter of gameplan and system than anything else. Mahomes can transform his game and be even more dominant than he was this year if he isn't constantly looking for a homerun play.
lol, there are numbers on these things. Brady's offensive line last night had the best performance of any offensive line in any game this entire season in the NFL and they had the best performance of any offensive line the first two weeks of the playoffs in many seasons.

Reaction Score
Still hate how a coin toss dictates the winner. Sure, you can say New Orleans lost after winning the toss but the odds must be much better when you receive. I wish the NFL would adopt college football OT rules.
I think both teams should be guaranteed a possession, but I really don’t want them to adopt college OT rules. It’s fun to watch but it’s not real football in my opinion.

Reaction Score
It always amazes me to see people give most of the credit to the OL for him being untouched, but it surely has more to do with his quick release. Last week, Ingram and Bosa were shutout, and Bosa was mic'd up talking about all his wins against LT Brown amounting to nothing. This week the top sack team in the NFL shutout. He goes against Aaron Donald in the Super Bowl. Is it his great OL? They deserve credit, so does their coach, but ... throughout the Patriots history, they've made do with castoffs, mid round draftees and mostly UDFAs. This team is no different. That starting 5 had a castoff from San Fran at LT, 3 mid round picks in Mason, Thuney and Cannon, and a UDFA in Andrews. Only Mason is a star OL out of all their guys. The fact he doesn't get sacked has a lot to do with his quick release, and his ability to move in the pocket, and his ability to read the defense pre-snap and post-snap. Most of the credit goes to Brady. He'd do the same with any other OL on any other team. That being said, when he's prevented from using the short passing system, teams can get pressure and hit him hard when he holds the ball longer looking downfield. The Eagles did it last year, and he responded well. The Giants did it well in the first SB and he responded not so well. In the second Giants SB, he was also hit but he had a very good game despite that. The flip side of this is Mahomes. The guy has all the ability in the world, but he held the ball way too long looking for a homerun and one of the most anemic DLs in the entire NFL sacked him multiple times.

OL play and DL play seems to be more of a matter of gameplan and system than anything else. Mahomes can transform his game and be even more dominant than he was this year if he isn't constantly looking for a homerun play.

The quick release is part of the plan BB and the OC have together and the OL was great, he never was touched and when he was they made a bad call not he penalty. The guys great but that game is what it was.

Reaction Score
The pass interference down the sideline and defensive back holdings were a joke. The chiefs were doing the same to the Pats wrs with no calls.

Funny the call was a PI clearly he grabbed then pushed him. The others were what they were, hardly called so they weren't on either side. But you clearly need to be a Pats fan not to see 31 was stopping any momentum. They missed a hold and tug with Gronk out there you can bitch about that but not the one they called down the sideline on your guy.

Reaction Score
Brady said he saw the flag and knew it, considered it a free play, which is why he was looking downfield there.
He threw a 1 yard pass to Gronkowski which was intercepted.

Reaction Score
You can play a full 15 minute overtime in the playoffs OR give the game to whoever is leading after each team ha had one possession OR give it to the first team that scores 9 points first.

I like this one. And 9 is the number.

But I'm ok with the way it is now if the alternative is the college OT, no way never!

Reaction Score
God I hate Pats fans. The only thing that brings me solace is that you guys are UConn men's hoops fans too.

The decision to kick the field goal was the right one. Reid was good in this game. The Pats were playing prevent with what, 4 or 5 guys back near the end zone? I was rooting big time for the Chiefs and was terrified they would throw a pick there.

Reaction Score

Gronk had nothing but open field there. It was a poor throw, but Brady said he knew it was a free play, which is why he was looking downfield. He saw Gronk with no one on him so he made the right throw. Gronk would have gained 15-20 there easy.

Reaction Score
lol, there are numbers on these things. Brady's offensive line last night had the best performance of any offensive line in any game this entire season in the NFL and they had the best performance of any offensive line the first two weeks of the playoffs in many seasons.

Against the top sack team in the entire NFL.

But you never sack yourself why that is. Watch some more football in your life, and you will eventually understand it. This isn't a mystery. Joey Bosa knows perfectly well why it happens. Like last week, he won most of his battles, or in his word, practically every battle. He couldn't pressure Brady. How does someone beat the LT like a mule practically every single time, and yet he can't get to Brady?

But it's not even like you have a one year sample. This has been going on for decades. And the Patriots use scrap heap players for their OL. They always have one star, like Mankins or a Mason. But the rest? Castoffs and undrafteds. Over and over and over again.

And nothing changes. It's not because they have a great eye for OL since many of these guys end up out of the NFL and cut when they move to different teams.

Open your eyes and understand what you are watching.

Reaction Score
The quick release is part of the plan BB and the OC have together and the OL was great, he never was touched and when he was they made a bad call not he penalty. The guys great but that game is what it was.

Part of the plan is wearing the other team out. Heard the stat this morning. He threw downfield 5 times for the first 3 quarters. He then threw downfield 17 times in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
God I hate Pats fans. The only thing that brings me solace is that you guys are UConn men's hoops fans too.

The decision to kick the field goal was the right one. Reid was good in this game. The Pats were playing prevent with what, 4 or 5 guys back near the end zone? I was rooting big time for the Chiefs and was terrified they would throw a pick there.

Bingo. I had a bunch of back and forth with my Pats buddies during the game, all good and in fun if not. But the fact a couple of them saying Mahomes and Reid are was rididculous. But of course they also said Belichick would've made me laugh. Check the Pats defense, there was 2 places to throw the ball and it was each sideline and corner in the end zone. How many bad things can happen? Kick it- right call period! Tie it up win the coin toss and you are going to the Super Bowl. Whoever won the coin toss was winning neither D could stop the others O. But you can't get the coin toss without tying it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Yeah, there’s little chance of anything good happening there if they wing it into the end zone. They gave it a look and it wasn’t there.

Reaction Score
Funny the call was a PI clearly he grabbed then pushed him. The others were what they were, hardly called so they weren't on either side. But you clearly need to be a Pats fan not to see 31 was stopping any momentum. They missed a hold and tug with Gronk out there you can bitch about that but not the one they called down the sideline on your guy.

You can call that on JC Jackson--- IF you are calling it on the other side too. Hell, Dorsett was dragged down in the end zone, and it's lucky he caught it, because there was no flag. How about Edelman getting decapitated with a head-hunting call after the interception. That guy should have been thrown out of the game.

Reaction Score
Not following their model is dumb. It can be done.

Clearly they've created the perfect model in the NFL, and teams should try to copy it. But expecting teams to draft the greatest QB of all time in the 6th round, who doesnt need to get paid, never gets hurt and makes every throw needed in crunch time is not realistic.

Seriously. He checked down to Gronk, who was right at the line of scrimmage, that probably would have at most been a 5 yard gain. It's possible he saw the flag out of the corner of his eye, but that didn't look like a QB taking a free play.

Reaction Score
Seriously. He checked down to Gronk, who was right at the line of scrimmage, that probably would have at most been a 5 yard gain. It's possible he saw the flag out of the corner of his eye, but that didn't look like a QB taking a free play.

He said he saw the flag and knew it was offsides. His words. And he was looking downfield the whole time, but then saw Gronk wide open. Gronk was open by a mile, and I guarantee that would have been an intermediate gainer, not 5 yards. No one was on him.

Reaction Score
Against the top sack team in the entire NFL.

But you never sack yourself why that is. Watch some more football in your life, and you will eventually understand it. This isn't a mystery. Joey Bosa knows perfectly well why it happens. Like last week, he won most of his battles, or in his word, practically every battle. He couldn't pressure Brady. How does someone beat the LT like a mule practically every single time, and yet he can't get to Brady?

But it's not even like you have a one year sample. This has been going on for decades. And the Patriots use scrap heap players for their OL. They always have one star, like Mankins or a Mason. But the rest? Castoffs and undrafteds. Over and over and over again.

And nothing changes. It's not because they have a great eye for OL since many of these guys end up out of the NFL and cut when they move to different teams.

Open your eyes and understand what you are watching.
You telling me to open my eyes is one of the all-time ironic posts on the boneyard. Pats O-line won 90% of the snaps. Brady wasn't touched or hurried the entire game. You say Mahomes was hurried because he held on to the ball too long all game when there were Pats breaking through the line off the snap constantly. You really never have any clue what you're watching or talking about.

Reaction Score
Part of the plan is wearing the other team out. Heard the stat this morning. He threw downfield 5 times for the first 3 quarters. He then threw downfield 17 times in the 4th quarter.

And you guys were worn out too. Neither defense was any good at that point so both were great coaches and great QBs I guess. Brady was only the winner because he got it once more, otherwise it was Mahomes.

He is now the GOAT. He wasn't this years best or maybe not that games best but he's amazing. But Belechick is a huge part of that there is no doubt, that's all I'm saying. The first half D until the Chiefs and Reid figured it out at the half was why you won more than anything else.

Reaction Score
You telling me to open my eyes is one of the all-time ironic posts on the boneyard. Pats O-line won 90% of the snaps. Brady wasn't touched or hurried the entire game. You say Mahomes was hurried because he held on to the ball too long all game when there were Pats breaking through the line off the snap constantly. You really never have any clue what you're watching or talking about.

First half they lived in Mahomes face, BB had a great plan. Chiefs never got in TBs and when they blitzed kudos to TB he burnt them with his reads.

Reaction Score
Clearly they've created the perfect model in the NFL, and teams should try to copy it. But expecting teams to draft the greatest QB of all time in the 6th round, who doesnt need to get paid, never gets hurt and makes every throw needed in crunch time is not realistic.

upstater is an idiot.

Reaction Score
And you guys were worn out too. Neither defense was any good at that point so both were great coaches and great QBs I guess. Brady was only the winner because he got it once more, otherwise it was Mahomes.

He is now the GOAT. He wasn't this years best or maybe not that games best but he's amazing. But Belechick is a huge part of that there is no doubt, that's all I'm saying. The first half D until the Chiefs and Reid figured it out at the half was why you won more than anything else.

I do think Mahomes would have scored, because he's so good, but... look at the TOP, Chiefs only ran 40 odd plays. Patriots ran 97. Huge difference.

Reaction Score
You can call that on JC Jackson--- IF you are calling it on the other side too. Hell, Dorsett was dragged down in the end zone, and it's lucky he caught it, because there was no flag. How about Edelman getting decapitated with a head-hunting call after the interception. That guy should have been thrown out of the game.

This is such crap upstater your team never gets called for crap all year. 5 PI's all year LOL. His was worthy of the call and the others were the same on both sides. When blatant call it, it was blatant to object to that is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
upstater is an idiot.

Coming fro you, that's a compliment. At least 50 stages up on your evolutionary ladder. I am a football idiot-indeed. You are moving up too because you are easily the most unknowledgeable poster when it comes to football on this entire board. One day hopefully, when you're 100 year old, you will attain and rise up to my level of idiocy.

Reaction Score
This is such crap upstater your team never gets called for crap all year. 5 PI's all year LOL. His was worthy of the call and the others were the same on both sides. When blatant call it, it was blatant to object to that is ridiculous.

Total BS. The announcers were saying exactly what I am saying. Romo talked about Dorsett getting mugged. He talked about the blatant and obvious pick play. He talked about Gronk getting mugged. Your Patriot hatred is showing because the objective announcers are saying exactly what I am saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom