Patrick Ewing gone… | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Patrick Ewing gone…

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
I really, really like going to DC. My younger daughter lives in capitol hill area. She's 31 and my business trips took me there before she joined the world.
My 3/4 estimate may have been and probably was too high. I'm long enough in the tooth to have spent time in every large metro area in the U.S. So, I do not mean to disparage the city; but bad is bad and it has spots as bad as south Philly and south side Chicago. Sucks. I agree that those neighborhoods absolutely have "places to see" and.....get shot. I stay away.
My dope habit is long gone ;):eek:.

Go Huskies! Metro Storrs is incredible.

edit and PS: it took a minute to get the DMV thing. I was thinking cars.
I lived in Philadelphia for 10 years and now live in SE DC for 15 years. South Philly is not dangerous. But North Philly is a bombed out hellscape. And there is nowhere in DC that either looks like North Philly or is as bad. You’d have to go to Baltimore for that.

DC today is over 3/4 gentrified. It’s a lovely city with great neighborhoods. The only really bad neighborhoods are EOTR and even those neighborhoods aren’t that bad. As far as homicides - almost every homicide in DC (like all NE cities) is a young black man killing another young black man. So unless you’re a young black man you’re chances of being murdered are remote.

Reaction Score
Providence without Cooley is probably the third worst program in the Big East. Would be nice if Georgetown would go outside the Big East to make the conference stronger, but lol at Providence.

Reaction Score
Georgetown is a tired, moribund program. There’s no magic there.
You may be right, but that doesn’t mean the right coach couldn’t come in and turn things around. G’town’s problem (IMO) is it has been too tied to the John Thompson Jr, Esherick, JT the 3rd, Pat Ewing “legacy” or whatever you want to call it. Time for fresh blood from outside the family.

Reaction Score
You may be right, but that doesn’t mean the right coach couldn’t come in and turn things around. G’town’s problem (IMO) is it has been too tied to the John Thompson Jr, Esherick, JT the 3rd, Pat Ewing “legacy” or whatever you want to call it. Time for fresh blood from outside the family.
Fans who comment on casualhoya.com agree with you said the same thing.

Reaction Score
Cooley to ND makes more sense.
That’s one of the few he would even consider. Only school other than one that starts “University of…..”. It’s in his ACC recruiting wheelhouse too. Would take $5-6 Mil.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It will be Brey
He fits the facts the best, but the Cooley to Georgetown narrative is more entertaining in the near term.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I sincerely hope not. That is not pick that will rejuvenate the Hoyas. Brey is a mediocre rundown retread.
Ironically, mediocrity be a step up for the Hoyas right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom