Patrick Ewing gone… | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Patrick Ewing gone…

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Georgetown "Bloodline" has finally been broken after 50 years. John Thompson, John Thompson III, and now Ewing. What a legacy. They deserved more than 1 Title with all that talent, but lost some tough Tourny games when it counted. The Iverson/Ray Allen BET final is still Top 3 for me.

The 1996 Georgetown team is the best team I have ever seen that didn't make the Final Four. That team was sick.

Reaction Score
The 1996 Georgetown team is the best team I have ever seen that didn't make the Final Four. That team was sick.
What bugged me was they lost to UMass and Marcus Camby, a player I lament to this day that he was not in a UConn uniform. I hated UMass as they were the biggest rival to UConn at that point in time in terms of fan hatred even though they did not play against each other if that makes sense or is possible.

Reaction Score
did St John's fire their coach?
Norlander on a pod today said that Anderson was basically 100% done. My conjecture is that they're probably just waiting to do it to make sure they have a better replacement so they don't eat $10 mil to downgrade coaches. So if Anderson is announced as gone, that means they've got their guy already.

Reaction Score
Norlander on a pod today said that Anderson was basically 100% done. My conjecture is that they're probably just waiting to do it to make sure they have a better replacement so they don't eat $10 mil to downgrade coaches. So if Anderson is announced as gone, that means they've got their guy already.
about 10 minutes after you posted hot off the press from Storrs South

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think the Big East is done firing coaches this year. Neptune's seat will be warm heading into next season, but they looked like a real team at the end so he may get some time. Cooley may leave.

One coach to watch is Thad Matta. I think that if he does not significantly upgrade Butler's talent in the offseason, he is gone. I don't think he came back for a multi-year rebuilding project, and he will know if he has the recruiting mojo it takes to compete. He looks like death warmed over, and it is uncomfortable to watch him coach, so he is not exactly high energy on the sidelines. I think he wants to win now, and if he can not pull off a quick reload, he is going to re-retire "for health reasons" in a year or two.

Reaction Score
The Georgetown "Bloodline" has finally been broken after 50 years. John Thompson, John Thompson III, and now Ewing. What a legacy. They deserved more than 1 Title with all that talent, but lost some tough Tourny games when it counted. The Iverson/Ray Allen BET final is still Top 3 for me.
the hardcore fans of GTown, yes some still exist, on CasualHoya were so adamant about the bloodline needing to break up. If you ask them, it was probably way too many years late.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The Big East is becoming quite a coaching battlefield.

No mercy.

"Lose and die!"

Reaction Score
That you. Referring to DC as a hellscape is just clownish. Dude has clearly never been.
There is the city of Washington, then there is DC. Just as in Manhattan, there is the upper east side and then Harlem. Same planet, different worlds.
Harlem has made positive strides, the Capitol is 3/4 dangerous disaster

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
There is the city of Washington, then there is DC. Just as in Manhattan, there is the upper east side and then Harlem. Same planet, different worlds.
I’ve lived in the area for about 10 years now and it’s not that deep. The DMV is a very pleasant place to be. If you judged every city by its bad parts you would miss out on a lot of great cities to be in.

Reaction Score
I’ve lived in the area for about 10 years now and it’s not that deep. The DMV is a very pleasant place to be. If you judged every city by its bad parts you would miss out on a lot of great cities to be in.
I really, really like going to DC. My younger daughter lives in capitol hill area. She's 31 and my business trips took me there before she joined the world.
My 3/4 estimate may have been and probably was too high. I'm long enough in the tooth to have spent time in every large metro area in the U.S. So, I do not mean to disparage the city; but bad is bad and it has spots as bad as south Philly and south side Chicago. Sucks. I agree that those neighborhoods absolutely have "places to see" and.....get shot. I stay away.
My dope habit is long gone ;):eek:.

Go Huskies! Metro Storrs is incredible.

edit and PS: it took a minute to get the DMV thing. I was thinking cars.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I really, really like going to DC. My younger daughter lives in capitol hill area. She's 31 and my business trips took me there before she joined the world.
My 3/4 estimate may have been and probably was too high. I'm long enough in the tooth to have spent time in every large metro area in the U.S. So, I do not mean to disparage the city; but bad is bad and it has spots as bad as south Philly and south side Chicago. Sucks. I agree that those neighborhoods absolutely have "places to see" and.....get shot. I stay away.
My dope habit is long gone ;):eek:.

Go Huskies! Metro Storrs is incredible.

edit and PS: it took a minute to get the DMV thing. I was thinking cars.
Nice! This area is probably one of the best areas to be in as a young professional. Hope she’s been enjoying herself.

It’s not hard to keep away from those neighborhoods as well (A lot of SE is actually moving out to MD because of the new Nationals stadium). In my time here I’ve never had any problems with that kind of thing and I used to go out a lot. Lol

But yeah, DMV is a real thing. I used to live in maryland while going to school in DC, now I live in VA while working in Maryland. It’s really all one big city. If you’re making the big bucks in DC (not saying that’s me haha) you’re probably living in Montgomery County, PG County, or Fairfax County. Not actually in the city.

Reaction Score
The big east needs a good Georgetown and st johns…
Why? It isn’t 1978 any more. That’s like saying the Big 10 needs great Indiana teams. The game has moved on. In the early days of the original Bug East they barely paid attention to basketball in the SEC outside of Kentucky. Ok State and Kansas were the only B8/12 teams that bothered. Abe Lemon used to say when he came to Texas they didn’t even know when to cheer.

What the NEWBIE needs is 3 or 4 teams that can make deep runs every year and get to Final 4s regularly. Since this isn’t even close to the original Big East, it can be Creighton, Xavier Butler and Marquette, it could be UConn, Villanova and Butler. It could be Providence, Marquette DePaul and Seton Hall. The league needs an identity. It was Villanova and the 7 dwarfs. Rarely did anyone else get past the first weekend. It needs to be more than that. St John’s and Georgetown ain’t going to be the lead digs again. The days of inner city Catholic dominance are over. As are the days of Georgetown really giving a darn about basketball. They don’t want to be an embarrassment but if they could get the money as a Patriot League they’d be there in a heartbeat.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Most likely outcome is that Cooley gets a nice pay bump and stays in Providence.
Yes, and I’m sure he’s thrilled this is out there prior to the tourney starting. Either PC has to gin up even more money to lock him down or his team has to wonder if he’s out the door. Since they’re mostly transfers they will understand.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing you haven’t spent a real amount of time in either DC or Harlem (at least in the past decade or more) based on this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cooley to GTown would be, well, hilarious
It works so many levels. And as much as I would enjoy seeing the PC fans meltdown, they are volatile bunch, I strongly doubt Cooley does more than flirt with Georgetown to jack up his salary at PC and maybe get some other concessions.

Reaction Score
Most likely outcome is that Cooley gets a nice pay bump and stays in Providence.
How much more can they bump it up? He makes about 4 million per year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It works so many levels. And as much as I would enjoy seeing the PC fans meltdown, they are volatile bunch, I strongly doubt Cooley does more than flirt with Georgetown to jack up his salary at PC and maybe get some other concessions.
LOL in the PC fans are already starting to melt. Here is a post that talks about how Ed Cooley is building a mansion in Exeter, RI:
B3660701-D595-444C-96EC-A18C1E7141FC.jpeg

The only problem is the supposed “Cooley mansion” is actually located in North Carolina:

3E44A374-1CA9-4597-B72E-DFA444792530.jpeg

There’s a tiny part of me that finds this sad, but mostly I just find it hysterical. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom