Paschal Chukwu Inside Info | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Paschal Chukwu Inside Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To survive in the AAC UConn needs as many high profile OOC games as posible. UMD, IU, WA, FLA, Stanford & even BC gives national TV exposure. Right now PC doesn't give us that national TV game. When they do, or if UConn can get into a high profile conference, then we'll play. Not until then.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I used to go over to the Football Recruiting forum every once Ina while and he did always have good information and did tons of work. Now it's a lot less active over there.
Part of the inactivity is that this season there will only be a small recruiting class from what I understand. The football posters are far more bummed out about the AAC than the men's bb fan's who are far more bummed out than the woman's bb fans. Although Duke just took three top recruits that Geno was recruiting and there is some murmuring about the AAC being a problem. But the murmuring is minimal at this point in time.

And the football fans have a non sexy coach that went 5-7 the last two seasons with a non exciting team that was horrible on offense. They hired a new OC away from Cinci, rumored to be a WM hire, so there is mild hope. But they lost the DC from last season and defense was the shining light for UConn. Furthermore the OC from last season is in charge of the OL and the OL was atrocious last season - equivalent to our rebounding with the addition of impacting the RB's and QB's. Think rebounding stopping SN and RB from scoring. Come to think of it SN might have injured himself because of the need to rebound.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
To survive in the AAC UConn needs as many high profile OOC games as posible. UMD, IU, WA, FLA, Stanford & even BC gives national TV exposure. Right now PC doesn't give us that national TV game. When they do, or if UConn can get into a high profile conference, then we'll play. Not until then.
I'm impressed. This was a fairly even handed comment from you to the PC contingent even if it does give the off handed dig.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Yonnick,

Sd husky has directed profanity towards friar j and others. It is in direct violation of the rules of this board; set forth by the moderators. Yet you do not rail for his expulsion? Having a dissenting opinion is not a banable offense.

Reaction Score
As I said; UConns golden age. Pretty sure that wasn't the 80s. Most would consider the last 15 yrs of Calhouns last 15 years the height of UConns run.

They've been the best team in the Big East since they went to the Elite 8 only to lose to Laettner's last second shot in 89-90......that would be the last 24 years in which at times they carried the banner which was the BE.......24 Golden Years with a couple not quite there but a great run nonetheless.........

Reaction Score
Just do us a favor and crawl back in the black hole that is PC and go troll your own board.

just pointing out the preferential treatment that a certain poster here claims doesn't go on. Pretty sure if I was dropping f bombs at posters; I would have been run long ago

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Four Final Fours and Three National Championships and yet we are talking about this once again. :confused:

Reaction Score
just pointing out the preferential treatment that a certain poster here claims doesn't go on. Pretty sure if I was dropping f bombs at posters; I would have been run long ago

Yeah I agree but dropping f-bombs on Husky posters as a Friar fan here vs Husky fans on Friar fans may be different I'm guessing on the UConn board, don't you agree:oops: ?

Do you deserve f-bombs? Not for me to say but when you tread into shark territory you need to learn how to swim with them!! Who's the guest here?

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree but dropping f-bombs on Husky posters as a Friar fan here vs Husky fans on Friar fans may be different I'm guessing on the UConn board, don't you agree:oops: ?

Do you deserve f-bombs? Not for me to say but when you tread into shark territory you need to learn how to swim with them!! Who's the guest here?

It doesn't matter what you or I think. It matters that the rules of the board are enforced. The rules don't say; "fans of other programs are subject to profanity; UCONN fans aren't".
"You agree to not use this service to post any material which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violates any laws."
Either enforce the rules; or I'll fire back. And when I do; I don't want to be penalized.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter what you or I think. It matters that the rules of the board are enforced. The rules don't say; "fans of other programs are subject to profanity; UCONN fans aren't".
"You agree to not use this service to post any material which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violates any laws."
Either enforce the rules; or I'll fire back. And when I do; I don't want to be penalized.
What profanity are you talking about?

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score

Let me see if I got this straight...You show up on another team's board from time to time and post in a manner that ranges from civil to a bit douchey. In this particular thread, your doucheyness leads to another member letting you know it's time to go, using the letter "f" (not a profanity) for emphasis. And now you think it's time to appoint yourself Boneyard Deputy Sheriff (and at the same time request amnesty while waving your pop gun??) on a site that is as self-policing as there is on these here webs? Priceless.

Not that it matters, but how do you think a douchey UConn would fare on the PC board?

D

Deleted member 3149

I will never understand these PC/UConn arguments. What is there to argue about?

DePaul and Creighton have more tournament appearances than PC

Reaction Score
Anyone got any info on Pascal Chukwu?

Thought you would never ask. It may be too late to save this thread, but here goes. New article out on him today from TOS.
http://goo.gl/Sk2h4x
"I don't have a favorite or top five yet, so I'm waiting to narrow it down," Chukwu said. "I have a couple of schools like UConn, Providence, and St. Joseph's in Philadelphia, Boston College and some others . NC State has been sending me a lot of letters."
The regional colleges previously mentioned, plus Boston College, are in good position for either unofficial or official visits. One school has already locked in one of Chukwu's five official visits, and academics will play a key role in the eventual decision.
"We have already committed to doing an official visit to St. Joe's," Featherston (Chukwu's guardian) said. "Coach Phil Martelli is a great guy. I think he does things the right way. He'll narrow down the other schools [from outside the Connecticut region], which includes NC State, Georgetown, and others … Louisville, Syracuse, Kansas, and all these great schools.

Reaction Score
An actual report on Chukwu??????? I wish I could have "liked" that post 1,000 times.

Reaction Score
If St Joes is getting visits then I guess his guardian really is trying to direct him towards a Catholic shool

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If St Joes is getting visits then I guess his guardian really is trying to direct him towards a Catholic shool
His cousin goes there I think? Not sure. Some family member though!

Reaction Score

So what is your plan of action if you are "penalized" (IP ban, username ban or email address ban)? We are all a bunch of monikers and John Does anyways right? So if a moderator goes to an admin panel and clicks the "ban member" link in the Manage Members section you are going to bring legal action?

Mods and owners of the site have no worries and are pretty much protected by Section 30 of the Communications and Decency Act correct? I mean you could try and pierce the veil over at Investorhub with a bit more success. Your definition of threatening (if you are serious) is not in touch with message board reality.

I think your penalty prolly should be eating four (4) extra large orders of Jonathan's Supreme or Husky Tracks ice cream at the UConn Dairy Bar on September 27 the opening day of hoops practice.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
In the end, young Paschal will have to choose what's best for him. And I like our chances the longer he takes to commit.

Reaction Score
Breaking news: Chuckwu told Sean to F-Off!!!

In all seriousness "f-off" isn't really swearing. Simply because the actual words weren't used. The implication is obvious but that f word wasn't used.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You missed the little footnote! Those are the rules for the women's bb forum. If you can't handle things like a man head over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom