Paschal Chukwu Inside Info | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paschal Chukwu Inside Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
go post in a vacuum. leave.

I come here because many of our recruits overlap and like to see a different take on those recruits. I have been here for a while and I rarely ever post. I have never insulted,demeaned or bad mouthed another poster or the Huskies.

I will continue to check this forum and maybe even make a post from time to time. But considering this an opposing teams board, I always try to remain respectful. Thank you for affording me the same.

Reaction Score
As I've said muorany times before, PC folk get away with a hell of a lot more on this board than UConn folk do on PC's board.

My suggestion to fellow UConn fans is if you are really sick and tired of FriarJ, Sean, and other PC luminaries, then let's petetion to either a)ban them b) Send FriarJ back to Alaska c) cut FriarJ's liquor supply or d) send FriarJ a letter from my psyciatrist declaring my sanity/insanity.

caw

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley was hired more to overhaul the direction and atmosphere of the Basketball team. After that, it became his job to recruit and to win. He has certainly earned his contract so far. Obviously this will be a big year for him as this is the first year that the vast majority of his players are his recruits, since most of his recruits last year were sitting on the bench. That will be when we can see what he really can do (Or from Uconn fans perspective, if he can do it at all).

Coach Cooley is getting these top kids interested because he is getting in early in the recruiting game, he is passionate about his believe the PC will become a basketball powerhouse, and he does not back down when schools with better reputations (Yes, that means Uconn) try to jump in take the player he likes away. THAT is why you are going to be fighting PC for recruits for the foreseeable future.

Really don't disagree with the majority of your first paragraph. He has done a good job recruiting good kids, as opposed to those who randomly beat up other students. I do disagree that he has earned his contract. PC is shelling out way more than someone with his win/loss record, postseason play record an experience dictate. 2-2.5 million is absurd for someone who has never made an NCAAT. I do think this is the year he shows what he can do, but he needs to make the NCAAT and win a few games consistently to justify that salary

Reaction Score
When I went back and looked up UConn vs. Providence head-to-head over the years, this statement simply was not true in the slightest. UConn always got the best of PC in the BE. Including in the 1980s. Go back and take a look.
As I said; UConns golden age. Pretty sure that wasn't the 80s. Most would consider the last 15 yrs of Calhouns last 15 years the height of UConns run.

Reaction Score
Yonnick,

Sd husky has directed profanity towards friar j and others. It is in direct violation of the rules of this board; set forth by the moderators. Yet you do not rail for his expulsion? Having a dissenting opinion is not a banable offense.

Reaction Score
As I said; UConns golden age. Pretty sure that wasn't the 80s. Most would consider the last 15 yrs of Calhouns last 15 years the height of UConns run.

So, we take out the 1980s, when UConn was not very good, because somehow this helps your argument or means anything at all in this discussion.

If anything, it points out how meaningless this all is.

Reaction Score
I
Really don't disagree with the majority of your first paragraph. He has done a good job recruiting good kids, as opposed to those who randomly beat up other students. I do disagree that he has earned his contract. PC is shelling out way more than someone with his win/loss record, postseason play record an experience dictate. 2-2.5 million is absurd for someone who has never made an NCAAT. I do think this is the year he shows what he can do, but he needs to make the NCAAT and win a few games consistently to justify that salary

I'd be careful bringing up the off the court stuff if I was a UConn fan. Not exactly Lilly white yourselves. Btw, speaking of proven track records; KO hadn't coached a full season before he got his deal.

Reaction Score
Or you could not go back and forth with them for 10 pages, which you and many other UConn fans can't seem to stop yourselves from doing.

As I've said muorany times before, PC folk get away with a hell of a lot more on this board than UConn folk do on PC's board.

My suggestion to fellow UConn fans is if you are really sick and tired of FriarJ, Sean, and other PC luminaries, then let's petetion to either a)ban them b) Send FriarJ back to Alaska c) cut FriarJ's liquor supply or d) send FriarJ a letter from my psyciatrist declaring my sanity/insanity.

Reaction Score
Yonnick,

Sd husky has directed profanity towards friar j and others. It is in direct violation of the rules of this board; set forth by the moderators. Yet you do not rail for his expulsion? Having a dissenting opinion is not a banable offense.
Sean, I can't believe you took any part of my previous post serious....

Reaction Score
So, we take out the 1980s, when UConn was not very good, because somehow this helps your argument or means anything at all in this discussion.

If anything, it points out how meaningless this all is.

Last 13 years, UConn is 9-6 against PC (I looked at ESPN's schedules which do not go back more).

UConn's best team ever (arguably) lost to PC in 2004. It tells you how meaningless this all is.

caw

Reaction Score

Many of the same recruits but I don't think the two a schools have them prioritized the same way.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
the times i wish HFD was still on this board are few and far between....but i wouldn't mind seeing him pop off on these PC guys. great comedy.
I would love to see that. He's been MIA for a while now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hahahahahahahaha everyone hates him on the board.
He's a mixed bag. When he sticks to just posting information he's incredible. Go to the football recruiting board and check out recruiting for the various years (top three pinned posts). But when it comes to opinions he goes over the top. And he does it either with conscious streaming of thought that he can't keep up with his typing or he's on something. Most people are under the assumption he's consuming something.

Reaction Score
He's a mixed bag. When he sticks to just posting information he's incredible. Go to the football recruiting board and check out recruiting for the various years (top three pinned posts). But when it comes to opinions he goes over the top. And he does it either with conscious streaming of thought that he can't keep up with his typing or he's on something. Most people are under the assumption he's consuming something.
I used to go over to the Football Recruiting forum every once Ina while and he did always have good information and did tons of work. Now it's a lot less active over there.

Reaction Score

Arent we talking about Abu? I'm not falling for this. Lets be honest, Friars are UMass on a good day. Opps, I said it. I need a herring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom