Paschal Chukwu has list | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Paschal Chukwu has list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do these PC fans ever have anything better to do? Do they even have jobs?

caw

Reaction Score
I will say, Providence College has a better chance with PC than they did with Drummond.

Drummond wasn't going anywhere but UConn, PC may end up elsewhere and it wouldn't be completely shocking.

Reaction Score
I agree, they've only had minimal success compared to us, and other teams really shouldn't be forced to have the bar for success set that high. Our bad.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wish this thread as about Chukwu, who is a hugely important and key UConn recruit.

What is there to say besides "I hope he picks UConn"? Is that better?

Reaction Score
What is there to say besides "I hope he picks UConn"? Is that better?

His play, his talent, his list, his advisers, his contacts, etc.

What is there to say on this board besides, there is a school in a rural area of the northeastern part of the state that is good at playing with an orange ball.

Reaction Score
Met Pascal at Rumble in Bronx, asked and he is Catholic and he told me he asked his parents to transfer him from Trinity Catholic, his friend and I think classmate with him at TC said "the practices were a waste, he wanted to get better, everyone layed and fooled around". Where he is now Prep he said the school work is much harder, Prep is not a basketball school but CBC - Connecticut Basketball Club the AAU team he plays for is where he is improving his B-ball skills. Asked about UCONN he likes KO but he knows we have a signed a center. Asked when he will make decision, after AAU season. Asked is it Providence or UCONN he smiled and said you forgot Kansas and Ohio St. dude! Paschal please say UCONN Huskies!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Chukwu puts on 20lbs and he starts over Brimah everyday of the week. He shouldn't worry about that.

Reaction Score
Chukwu puts on 20lbs and he starts over Brimah everyday of the week. He shouldn't worry about that.

While I hope they both turn out to be very good basketball players as well as great young men, it would seem PC is a bit ahead of the scale on AB.......agreed. But I am glad we have Brimah to watch grow......

Reaction Score
I cant imagine Brimah would push Chukwu for minutes if he were to come to Uconn.... Chukwu appears more physically developed and game ready even at his younger age . I trust KO is stressing Uconn's history of big men in the league and assuring Chukwu that he would get big minutes off the bat. I cant imagine him choosing Providence if he is serious about making it in the NBA, when was the last time they produced an NBA center? I hope we get him, but Cooley is persuasive.

Reaction Score
If Cooley has a string of good seasons with 20+ wins he'll be lured away by a bigger school who pays more.

honest question... the list of schools that pay more than the $2.5M cooley already makes has to be short, no?

and don't you think he'd give pc the chance to pay him just as much?

caw

Reaction Score
honest question... the list of schools that pay more than the $2.5M cooley already makes has to be short, no?

and don't you think he'd give pc the chance to pay him just as much?

I thought the average for his contract was 2 million, not 2.5?

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...5/NCAA-2013-men-s-basketball-coaches-salaries

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...03-28/ncaa-coaches-salary-database/53827374/1

Those two links may only be among the teams in the past two tournaments, but if he is making 2-2.5 with zero NCAAT appearances, he is highly overpaid. You are correct, I doubt he would make that at another school as a base salary.

Reaction Score
i believe his AAV increases to $2.5M with his extension this offseason. part of being competitive in the new conference with the silly amount of TV money we get (nearly triple what we were getting).

Reaction Score
couple that with his RI ties and there probably aren't a hell of a lot of jobs that are going to pay the man for it to be worth the move (not that it is impossible... just less likely). and if they are willing to pay... then i'm happy as a pig in because it means we have been crazy successful.

and to whoever the guy was that said firing welsh was a mistake... you are insane. once the conference turned into a superconference he couldn't compete on the recruiting trail. cooley has not had that problem. he recruits with the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom