OT: - "Papa John" out at Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: "Papa John" out at Louisville

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Bigger problem... the Football Stadium is named Papa John’s Cardinal Football Stadium and Schattner holds the naming rights.

The Details On That Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium Deal

>>If John Schnatter ever leaves the pizza company he founded, he can take the name of Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium with him.

If he wants to rename it after himself, someone close to him or a different business enterprise, well, he can do that too.

Control of the stadium’s name is just one of the perks the University of Louisville granted Schnatter in an agreement inked 20 years ago.<<

The 'F.U. Center'.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When does the ACC say "enough is enough" with Louisville? They continue to embarrass the league, but I guess once you're in the club, there are no rules.

They bring in money. So never. It's the only thing that matters.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
About what I’d expect from you but the hurr durr thing is so played on here. Come up with your own stuff for once.

I don't need to come up with anything. I'm content to sit back and let you have your temper tantrum.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This whole thing is dumb. I really don’t give a crap about him, Ville, or his sheety pizza. But this conference call was in response to the pitchfork carrying SJW’s who were so outraged by his controversial opinion that NFL players should stand for the anthem. OMG what a shameful opinion.

Then he uses the N word in the context describing Col. Sanders using it. So if he actually said “N word” instead of the actual word he’d be ok. What a joke. I heard the actual word about 46 times last night in 1 song my idiot son played in the car. Maybe everybody should stop using it if we’re going to cast stones.
Doubtful the conference call was in response to the pitchfork carrying SJWs. My guess is that SJWs weren't eating his product to begin with.
The call was in regard to how the business was going to do in response to falling sales.

Also, I don't really think the Bold is true. Even if he used "N-word" and not the actual word for which N stands, context matters.

There is a difference between "It's not like I called them the N-word. I just prefer the players stand." and, "Why won't those N-words stand for the Anthem?"

Reaction Score
Didnt this already happen though? I remember him stepping down as the CEO or whatever.

Reaction Score
Didnt this already happen though? I remember him stepping down as the CEO or whatever.

That was as CEO, this is as Chairman of The Board. He also resigned from Louisville Board of Trustees yesterday.

Reaction Score
Doubtful the conference call was in response to the pitchfork carrying SJWs. My guess is that SJWs weren't eating his product to begin with.
The call was in regard to how the business was going to do in response to falling sales.

Also, I don't really think the Bold is true. Even if he used "N-word" and not the actual word for which N stands, context matters.

There is a difference between "It's not like I called them the N-word. I just prefer the players stand." and, "Why won't those N-words stand for the Anthem?"

“Forbes first reported Wednesday that Schnatter participated in a conference call in May with Papa John's executives and marketing agency Laundry Service. It was meant to prepare him for an interview to try to repair his public image. Schnatter had left his position as CEO of Papa John's, which was an official sponsor of the NFL, in December after saying that NFL players should stand for the national anthem, and that the controversy about the issue had hurt the company's sales. Two months later, Papa John's prematurely ended its deal with the league, and the NFL quickly sold the deal to Pizza Hut, a Papa John's competitor.

During the conference call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. Forbes reported that in his response, Schnatter questioned why he was facing the wrath of society for taking a stance that all NFL players should stand for the anthem, and he downplayed the significance of those comments. It was then that he claimed Colonel Sanders, who founded Kentucky Fried Chicken, used the N-word in the past and did not face public backlash.

Schnatter said the actual word on the call, ESPN confirmed.”

I think you’re wrong on both accounts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
First it was Jared from Subway and then John from Papa Johns. Who’s next? I’m going to be pretty sad if it turns out Ronald McDonald is a serial killer.
Really, haven't you always suspected that? Pretty sure he owns a white panel van too.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
“Forbes first reported Wednesday that Schnatter participated in a conference call in May with Papa John's executives and marketing agency Laundry Service. It was meant to prepare him for an interview to try to repair his public image. Schnatter had left his position as CEO of Papa John's, which was an official sponsor of the NFL, in December after saying that NFL players should stand for the national anthem, and that the controversy about the issue had hurt the company's sales. Two months later, Papa John's prematurely ended its deal with the league, and the NFL quickly sold the deal to Pizza Hut, a Papa John's competitor.

During the conference call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. Forbes reported that in his response, Schnatter questioned why he was facing the wrath of society for taking a stance that all NFL players should stand for the anthem, and he downplayed the significance of those comments. It was then that he claimed Colonel Sanders, who founded Kentucky Fried Chicken, used the N-word in the past and did not face public backlash.

This was on a conference call meant to repair his public image? lol. He is the face of the company, the company is going to be labelled a racist organization. There's no coming back from that. They're going to have to change their name.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Papa johns stock up over 11% today lol

Reaction Score
This was on a conference call meant to repair his public image? lol. He is the face of the company, the company is going to be labelled a racist organization. There's no coming back from that. They're going to have to change their name.

Yeah. As if the pizza isn’t bad enough.

Reaction Score
Dropping an N' bomb on a company conference call!? That is the worst PR mistake I've ever heard any corporate executive make.
Ironic....he did this while role playing with the PR firm that was going to help him with his image.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

So he got danny ferry’d?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I might not have read it correctly, but I got the impression that he was referencing what Colonel Sanders said as an example of something bad and not defending such comments or making them anew. I don't like him or his pizza, and there was a reason why they'd set up a call to address these issues, but I don't think it went down live in the way some have portrayed it here.

That said, I'm more interested in whether @Jimmy Serrano 's "idiot son" is more the product of nature or nurture.

Reaction Score
I might not have read it correctly, but I got the impression that he was referencing what Colonel Sanders said as an example of something bad and not defending such comments or making them anew. I don't like him or his pizza, and there was a reason why they'd set up a call to address these issues, but I don't think it went down live in the way some have portrayed it here.

That said, I'm more interested in whether @Jimmy Serrano 's "idiot son" is more the product of nature or nurture.

Houwzabout this gramps? Make that the last time you ever include my son in one of your posts. I’m not asking.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member