Paige Bueckers to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Needed this like astronauts need air. You go Geno!

Reaction Score
I'm BEYOND thrilled that PB is joining UCONN!!!!!! :D She is the REAL deal and I think the comparisons to DT are legit. Welcome to the family!

And a little shameless self-promotion :rolleyes: (haha): I posted in another thread that I felt she was a UConn lean when I saw her on TV at the UCONN/ND game a couple of years ago. I know body language can be difficult to read, but her excitement and focus during a late UCONN run (while other recruits seemed a little disinterested) spoke volumes to me. She wanted to be on the court that night...as a Husky! And we couldn't be happier for her!!

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
D3GlZtoW0AAJKi3.jpg

Our Khalessi.

Reaction Score
As Geno says UConns demise is greatly exaggerated. No matter how many pessimisti quotes from Charlieball and I think bleedblue?

as I always say, I love to be proven wrong when it comes to recruiting............................I think I had ND as a slight favorite for PB by like 5% with Minnesota finishing a distant third.................

Reaction Score
As native Minnesotan, I've had the privilege to watch Paige Bueckers, starting way back in the 4th grade. Watched her thump my kid and every other top player in the State of Minnesota. Soon as you see her play you can tell she was born to play Basketball. She is a Kid who loves to play the game and she plays it the right way. No selfishness, No look at me, she's all about team. She will be a great combo/PG for the Huskies.
I've been a UCONN fan since the 90's and my daughter has too since 2005. My daughter made a great statement to me. She said, "UCONN & Paige are a perfect fit for each other". She also has a great family.

Husky Nation we have a real one. Hope she doesn't back out.

Reaction Score
I dont think any one pointed to this ESPNw article.

UConn lands No. 1 2020 prospect Bueckers

Some fantastic quotes. Geno will never be replicated.

Perhaps that swagger is what drew Bueckers to UConn and coach Geno Auriemma, who are two wins away from their 12th national title.

"I think my talents will be maximized under Coach Geno," Bueckers said. "UConn appealed to me, and it appealed to my family.

"[Auriemma] kind of expected [my decision]. But he said, 'It's about time.'

"He thinks he can do great things with me, and I think so, too. That's why I chose UConn. I can't wait."

Great find, and a great compliment to our fans:

Bueckers said she has strong relationships with Auriemma and assistant coach Chris Dailey, and she has loved her visits to the UConn campus, most recently on Nov. 2 for a Huskies exhibition game.
"The fan base is so amazing that it felt like we were playing Notre Dame in the NCAA tournament instead of an exhibition," she said. "I want to be a part of what UConn has built.
"The women's team is loved on campus. Women's basketball is what UConn is known for, and it's not like that at other schools. To see that support for women's sports is awesome."

Reaction Score
You should be happy - this increases the likelihood that Hailey Van Lith stays in the NW
Exactly what I was thinking. Oregon with their ability to get bigs to play with would be a nice place for her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great find, and a great compliment to our fans:

Bueckers said she has strong relationships with Auriemma and assistant coach Chris Dailey, and she has loved her visits to the UConn campus, most recently on Nov. 2 for a Huskies exhibition game.
"The fan base is so amazing that it felt like we were playing Notre Dame in the NCAA tournament instead of an exhibition," she said. "I want to be a part of what UConn has built.
"The women's team is loved on campus. Women's basketball is what UConn is known for, and it's not like that at other schools. To see that support for women's sports is awesome."

She is hard core bleed blue. Nice to see their are still young people who can appreciate an exceptional program from the good ones and is not frightened by it.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if Bueckers and Hailey Van Lith fancy the notion of playing together, or if this it makes it less likely Hailey Van Lith picks UConn.
If their classes were separated by a couple years I could see them teaming up. But IMO Hailey Van Lith is good enough to run her own team so to speak. And I think Oregon is a perfect fit for her because of their ability to recruit big kids for her to play with.

Reaction Score
UCONN 20-21 roster so far

Sr: Walker (W), Coombs (G)
Jr: C Williams (G), ONO (C)
So: Griffin (W)
Fr: Bueckers (PG)

We still need to see what Surprises Geno has in store for us next year in Storrs ;) I have a feeling there is going to be another player or two to the Griffin class.... question is is it a one and done or .....

Reaction Score
...And so it was in those days that the Lord was generous, and He provided for those who had so fervently wished and prayed for such provision, in His mercy.
And in the course of such provision He did grant unto them a playmaker, one who shall go with them in battle; lo, one who will one day LEAD them in battle, and with whom they shall smite their foes into little tiny bits. And the people rejoiced loudly, with a fervor to match their prayers; and they gave thanks, for they knew that it was good. It was very, very good.

Book of Geno: Chapter 2020, Verse 1

View attachment 41708
LMAO.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Leaving aside her basketball skills, as a person she seems to be in the mold of Napheesa and Lou -- her top personal goal is to maximize her development as a player; she wants to be coached; and she definitely wants to be one but not the only part of a successful team. She fully understands the tradition and accomplishments of Uconn WCBB.

I can't tell whether her talent is equal, greater, or less than Lou/Pheesa (I realize that she doesn't play the same position as they do), but I think she will become as integral to the program as they have been. I expect her name to be on the wall in 2024.

Reaction Score
Holy Cow. I just watched her 3 minute mix from her Soph. year. I want to say who she reminds me of but I don't want to jinx it. Just watch for yourselves and enjoy.

And that's why Auriemma was probably renting an apartment out in Minny. She's stupid good.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Leaving aside her basketball skills, as a person she seems to be in the mold of Napheesa and Lou -- her top personal goal is to maximize her development as a player; she wants to be coached; and she definitely wants to be one but not the only part of a successful team. She fully understands the tradition and accomplishments of Uconn WCBB.

I can't tell whether her talent is equal, greater, or less than Lou/Pheesa (I realize that she doesn't play the same position as they do), but I think she will become as integral to the program as they have been. I expect her name to be on the wall in 2024.
Possibly the best recruit since Stewie.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have to say I pretty much wrote off this class as the ND Stepford Wives, so I'm very pleased to see the one of all of them that I wanted step up and say, yes, I know where greatness beckons. I do think it matters when magnificent warriors like Lou say things like "it's what is on my chest" .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom