Paige Bueckers to UConn | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, she's smart and articulate on top of being the top basketball player. Amazing for a HS junior to already be a good interview.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
People over-reacted to N.D. winning the National Championship and getting Sam Brunelle. The one true miss in recruiting was Aliyah Boston. I'm still puzzled by that one. Geno ultimately passed on Brunelle, got involved with Horston too late, and lost Haley Jones to a world-class school 16 miles from her high school. But he got a very athletic and underrated Aubrey Griffin. Geno views it as a one-year blip. Paige's decision affirms that. Wait until we get Makurat, Muhl, Gusters, Fudd, Miles, and DeBerry! Opinions will change. :)
And Aaliyah Edwards.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I can't wait until she fills out that sweatshirt. Let's tie a bungie cord around Liv and her that continually rebounds to the weight room. I need to take up a collection from all UConn fans to donate one hour of their lifespan to Geno. Everyone, please help.

One hour won't be anywhere nearly enough.

And don't forget CD and Shea.,, even Jasmine? A Robocop solution might be necessary in the distant future. Could the UConn empire last as long as the Roman Empire? (Beat that for optimism, TonyC.)

Reaction Score
Not to rain on our parade, but early verbals get rid of one form of anxiety replaced by another.

Reaction Score
Well Paige's HS Coach was sure n our corner!

"Q: Were you surprised when Paige chose UConn?
A:
“I wasn’t surprised at all. I was hoping she would choose UConn. First of all, Geno did by far the best job of recruiting her. I’ve never seen a college coach do such due diligence in recruiting a player, and there’s a reason why UConn’s great every year. There just is. Between him and [associate head coach] Chris Dailey, they did an amazing job in recruiting her. They built this relationship over three years ago, and it didn’t surprise me at all. I was in tears of joy that she was going to UConn.”

Who is UConn women’s basketball recruit Paige Bueckers?

The future of recruiting...going to get ugly. :rolleyes:

1554289874811.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Then Paige will really enjoy her 1st trip to South Bend in a UConn uniform. Many Irish fans already dislike the Huskies and their HC, and they certainly won’t be particularly fond of Paige after she spurned ND for UConn.

She's quoted in an article this week about taking in two of these ND rivalry games and how electric the atmosphere of those games was. It's been rumored that she was leaned on pretty hard by a ND recruit and USA U17 team mate last fall. Bigs love her because she keeps the defense drawn out and she's already a sneaky quick passer, so I'm sure the recruit wanted to see her in a ND uniform. What's hard to figure is what is reported as the lackadaisical recruiting approach by head coaches of other premium programs. Did they figure out she was a long gone UConn recruit before she did?

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
wow! poor kid is under an immense amount of scrutiny/adulation/pressure. and she's only a high school junior.

look at some of those twitter messages -- majority positive, thankfully -- but even trying read them all must be a burden.

she's getting compared to D -- and in my opinion, with some justification -- nominated for the final slot on the maya-stewie-DT monument. but can you imagine having such expectations put on you? a high school junior.

it must be tough.

she'll need all the determination, confidence and support she seems to have.

i'm glad she's a husky and am looking forward to seeing her play.

Reaction Score
She's gonna be a good one, no doubt about it. We do tend to over-react here. As some have noted, either the sky is falling or so and so is the second coming. Sounds like Paige has the "D" confidence which will serve her well given the lofty expectations we've already heaped on her. Good kid, good family, good skills and tremendous attitude. She'll do well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
People over-reacted to N.D. winning the National Championship and getting Sam Brunelle. The one true miss in recruiting was Aliyah Boston. I'm still puzzled by that one. Geno ultimately passed on Brunelle, got involved with Horston too late, and lost Haley Jones to a world-class school 16 miles from her high school. But he got a very athletic and underrated Aubrey Griffin. Geno views it as a one-year blip. Paige's decision affirms that. Wait until we get Makurat, Muhl, Gusters, Fudd, Miles, and DeBerry! Opinions will change. :)
I'm buying what you're selling! :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
wow! poor kid is under an immense amount of scrutiny/adulation/pressure. and she's only a high school junior.

look at some of those twitter messages -- majority positive, thankfully -- but even trying read them all must be a burden.

she's getting compared to D -- and in my opinion, with some justification -- nominated for the final slot on the maya-stewie-DT monument. but can you imagine having such expectations put on you? a high school junior.

it must be tough.

she'll need all the determination, confidence and support she seems to have.

i'm glad she's a husky and am looking forward to seeing her play..
To be fair, most of us are saying she has that kind of potential. Like we are saying Fudd has the potential to be a Moore/Mosqueda-Lewis morph type of player. And these comparisons aren't unfair. The 5 finalists for ALL of high school for the Naismith POY were Cooke, Jones, Horston, Bueckers and Fudd. When it was narrowed to 3, it was Jones, Bueckers, and Fudd.

That means that the most prestigious high school NPOY award is between a senior, junior, and sophomore. The 2nd two (Bueckers and Fudd) are viewed as better than every other high school player, including the ones who are seniors. That's pretty stratospheric stuff.

Side note, I doubt there is ANY pressure a bunch of "random" posters on the BY could put on Bueckers that she and her coaches haven't already put on her themselves. I would say that some may feel our "expectations" are inflated, but time will tell. I don't think they are...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paige will get the keys for the UConn Lamborghini and drive it to glory! Think of Page running the show with senior MW and juniors CW and ONO....
All Paige needs to do is drop a handful of well placed dimes to her teammates on USA basketball and they will figure out pretty quickly that playing on Paige’s team has its advantages.
Great idea. Hope she does.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I can't wait until she fills out that sweatshirt. Let's tie a bungie cord around Liv and her that continually rebounds to the weight room. I need to take up a collection from all UConn fans to donate one hour of their lifespan to Geno. Everyone, please help.

Gee Jordy, I'd really like to help, but I'm already living on borrowed time. :eek:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Gee Jordy, I'd really like to help, but I'm already living on borrowed time. :eek:
C'mon dig deep. It's for a good cause. Besides, giving is one of life's most tender acts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom