Pac-12 Tournament thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Pac-12 Tournament thread

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is a little more like it. Utah has gone cold and Oregon up double digits now.

Hebard and Shelley really kept Oregon afloat when Ionescu and others were ice cold in the early going.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maxwell hasn't been playing this quarter, Ann Schatz is confused about why that is.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
45-29 at the half. Ionescu on triple double watch again (11/7/5).

Reaction Score
The main difference since the 2 losses is Graves is willing to sub when the starters stop giving effort and he is pushing the D. He knows the offense will come if he keeps Sabrina in controlling it and they don't rely on her for hero ball.

Reaction Score
For the Ducks fans out there, are there any 6'4" or above players in the nation who hit the floor more frequently than Sabally and Hebard? Hebard is relentless in her pursuit of the ball, while Sabally seems to hit the ground on 50% or more of her drives to the basket.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
For the Ducks fans out there, are there any 6'4" or above players in the nation who hit the floor more frequently than Sabally and Hebard? Hebard is relentless in her pursuit of the ball, while Sabally seems to hit the ground on 50% or more of her drives to the basket.

Reese from Arizona might be slightly under 6-4, but she's on the ground constantly too.

Reaction Score
Sabrina has been very sloppy with the ball with 5 TOs so Graves finally took her out in 3Q and she is not starting in the 4th.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum in the house. Pretty sure that was her former teammate Katie Collier sitting next to her.

Reaction Score
Up by 20, time to save some of Ionescu's legs for the next two days. Don't think that her turnovers were a factor in Graves' decision to sit her for what turned out to be two minutes.

Reaction Score
Up by 20, time to save some of Ionescu's legs for the next two days. Don't think that her turnovers were a factor in Graves' decision to sit her for what turned out to be two minutes.
It was more than 5 over the 2 qtrs, Then when the big 3 come back in and Utah goes 5-0 and then he called TO. Graves I am sure is not happy.

Reaction Score
Sloppy play by Ducks. Utah youngsters look like they may be playing some ball in this conference next year. As many as four frosh on the floor at a time.

Reaction Score
Sloppy play by Ducks. Utah youngsters look like they may be playing some ball in this conference next year. As many as four frosh on the floor at a time.
Cal, USC, and Utah all have had a good tourney with lots of freshman. Those are quality teams that won't make the NCAA's.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The 12-23 from 3 for the Ducks is nice, but otherwise not really an optimal game for them. Plenty enough to advance, but they can play much better. Gotta give some credit to Utah for hanging around for much of the game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Cal, USC, and Utah all have had a good tourney with lots of freshman. Those are quality teams that won't make the NCAA's.
Don’t count out USC just yet! They beat UCLA once and they can do it again. Or maybe Cori will decide to take one for the team to get a 7th team in the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
Don’t count out USC just yet! They beat UCLA once and they can do it again. Or maybe Cori will decide to take one for the team to get a 7th team in the NCAAs.
Not counting them out, but win or lose, they will have a good touney. I know you want SC to win so you can bump UCLA to a 3 seed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not counting them out, but win or lose, they will have a good touney. I know you want SC to win so you can bump UCLA to a 3 seed.
You’ve sorely misjudged me if you really think that.

Reaction Score
You’ve sorely misjudged me if you really think that.
My bad, thought you posted they should have been a 3rd seed when the last reveal came out. For me I'm an ND/Oregon grad, taught 11 years at Oregon State so like that team, whose daughters went to UCLA law school and Colorado grad school, and a son-in law from Cal, so naturally I always want the Trojans to lose. Go UCLA.

Plebe

Reaction Score
My bad, thought you posted they should have been a 3rd seed when the last reveal came out. For me I'm an ND/Oregon grad, taught 11 years at Oregon State so like that team, whose daughters went to UCLA law school and Colorado grad school, and a son-in law from Cal, so naturally I always want the Trojans to lose. Go UCLA.
I gave my projection/prediction of where the teams would be in the committee's reveal last Monday, based on their resumes at that point in the season. I don't have a horse in the race. Just an objective evaluation. Other **non-homers** who looked at the resumes seemed to agree with me on that point.

For the record I lived in SoCal for a couple years and sometimes went to UCLA home games. One of my favorite and most comfortable garments is a UCLA hoodie :) I'm not a huge fan of Cori Close per se, but I tend to root more for UCLA than for just any ol' team. And no I did not want them to lose to USC and Washington.

You may not have been on this board that long, but I've gone to the mat plenty of times defending the Pac-12 against various naysayers (who were more vocal 3-4 years ago than now).

Reaction Score
It took two overtime’s and home court to beat a UCLA team without Onyenwere so while hoping for a good, close game I expect USC’s year to end tonight. But don’t ask me about Stan vs OS... I have no idea.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It took two overtime’s and home court to beat a UCLA team without Onyenwere so while hoping for a good, close game I expect USC’s year to end tonight. But don’t ask me about Stan vs OS... I have no idea.
And I am just now noticing that Northwestern is in trouble in the 4th quarter against Michigan. That may preclude them from getting a 2 seed, even if UCLA loses today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Horrendous start for UCLA, down 9-0 about 3 minutes in. Can't shoot as usual but USC isn't giving up a bunch of O boards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom