Pac 12 Conference Outlook | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Pac 12 Conference Outlook

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
AZ goes into LA and comes out with TWO overtime wins. Impressive.
Yeah, they're right back in the middle of the fight for #3 spot after I got fairly down on them. Good weekend for sure.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well...congrats to the Huskies. Huge win for them.

Stanford at 22-3 is really underachieving I think. Too much talent to be struggling as much as they have been lately. Nearly losing at home to OSU and now this? Tara better figure some things out w/ this team, doesn't seem to be pushing the right buttons.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The way they've been going, it's pretty hard to see OSU catching back up and passing UW. 10th place finish? Wow, just wow.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And now Utah is tied with Stanford for 1st, and Washington is tied with Oregon for 8th (well, barring an absolute miracle/collapse). Huskies have both the Oregon schools coming up in Seattle and have a real chance of winning both games. Who woulda thunk that before the season started?

Reaction Score
Iriafen lost her starting spot and is relegated to the same treatment as the other Stanford posts... Hmm.. Wasn't there a time Tara said that Brink could be playing the 3? It seems like she has abandoned doing any type of super-sized lineup (not that I think it would be good). I was excited for Betts, but she can't even get off the bench in a close game, or any game apparently.

Reaction Score
Iriafen lost her starting spot and is relegated to the same treatment as the other Stanford posts... Hmm.. Wasn't there a time Tara said that Brink could be playing the 3? It seems like she has abandoned doing any type of super-sized lineup (not that I think it would be good). I was excited for Betts, but she can't even get off the bench in a close game, or any game apparently.
What is the deal with Betts? I don’t follow Stanford closely but it seems she has a hard tim getting minutes. I was also excited to see her.

Reaction Score
Pac12 Outlook: Homestretch Edition

-Stanford closes @ the AZ schools, hosts the LA schools and finishes with @Colorado and Utah. This could be problems here and there. 5-1? CAL not so much.

-Utah and Colorado have a positive closing schedule hosting the Washington schools, away at the Desert,
then hosting Stanford and CAL. 4-2? 5-1?

USC and UCLA also close with a 4 games to 2 home and away. Hosting the Oregons and Washingtons. Away in the Bay. 4-2?

The Oregon schools are in a world of hurt with 4 straight road games @both LA's and @both Washingtons.
Close with ASU and AZ. Lucky to go 2-4 here if either manages one upset. 1-5?

The Washingtons also close hard with road games at Utah and CO, and at UCLA and USC. Home against the Oregon schools look like wins these days. 3-3? 2-4?

Tournaments hosts: Stanford and Utah
Tournament teams: Colorado, Arizona, UCLA, USC, WSU maybe.
Missing the boat: Oregon (!), Oregon State, Washington, CAL, ASU

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
What is the deal with Betts? I don’t follow Stanford closely but it seems she has a hard tim getting minutes. I was also excited to see her.
Stanford is stacked in the front court, she picked 1 of 2 schools where she'd have a hard time getting playing time off the bat (the other being South Carolina). Stanford basically has 80 minutes to split between Brink, Iriafen, Belibi, Betts and Prechtel unless they decide to play Brink at the 3.

Reaction Score
Stanford is stacked in the front court, she picked 1 of 2 schools where she'd have a hard time getting playing time off the bat (the other being South Carolina). Stanford basically has 80 minutes to split between Brink, Iriafen, Belibi, Betts and Prechtel unless they decide to play Brink at the 3.
Ahhh. I see! She seems pretty efficient when she does get minutes, I’ll be excited to see how she develops

Reaction Score
If Stanford plays like they did against Arizona last night, focused and intentional, they are going to be tough to beat. I also noticed that when Stanford is winning, nobody talks about the need for a "true" point guard on that team.
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

Reaction Score
If Stanford plays like they did against Arizona last night, focused and intentional, they are going to be tough to beat. I also noticed that when Stanford is winning, nobody talks about the need for a "true" point guard on that team.
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF
The PAC12 is a tough conference. The games are physical and a grind. Stanford is just adjusting and they are not going anywhere. I think Jones had to figure out how to operate in the offense from the wing as opposed to usually finding herself at the top of the key. She's not standing around as much as she was a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Loved Betts' performance against Arizona. The high-low game with Brink was good, and she gets good position. It looks like Tara had her working on finishing with her left hand. She seems to be a good passer out of the post as well. Would love to see her match up now against teams with good posts as well! Keep giving her minutes

Reaction Score
Loved Betts' performance against Arizona. The high-low game with Brink was good, and she gets good position. It looks like Tara had her working on finishing with her left hand. She seems to be a good passer out of the post as well. Would love to see her match up now against teams with good posts as well! Keep giving her minutes
YES!! I really enjoyed Betts getting some touches in the post yesterday. Like you said that high/low game was pretty good. Teams will have to double & triple Betts up before too long.

Reaction Score
After watching Stanford completely dominate Arizona, I was again reminded of the very deep bench that Tara has to work with in any game. What a luxury. Not only was the Betts-Brink connection amazing, but so was the Betts-Belibi connection. Its clear that Tara is getting minutes (experience) via the PAC-12 games for the young players who will see minutes in the post-season tournaments.

I too, believe Stanford will be a force in the NCAA playoffs, and a very good chance to reach the championship game. We'll see how they fare in the PAC-12 Tournament which will be fun to watch this season.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Even less than 80 when Jones spends time at the 4.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
After watching Stanford completely dominate Arizona, I was again reminded of the very deep bench that Tara has to work with in any game. What a luxury. Not only was the Betts-Brink connection amazing, but so was the Betts-Belibi connection. Its clear that Tara is getting minutes (experience) via the PAC-12 games for the young players who will see minutes in the post-season tournaments.

I too, believe Stanford will be a force in the NCAA playoffs, and a very good chance to reach the championship game. We'll see how they fare in the PAC-12 Tournament which will be fun to watch this season.
I'm sold. I saw them up close. They made the hard shots look easy. They were quick, they rarely made mistakes. They blew me away.

They are also (for whatever its worth) a big team. One of my friends stopped by and said that he was on the floor before the game and thought they really were "trees".

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did everybody see the little segment during the game explaining what I've been saying for years--Brink is way stronger than she looks. I tell ya some of y'all haven't been listening, but I know what I'm talking about.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Friday night roundup--Utah hammered Washington, Oregon St. was close but not quite yet again, story of their season. This time against UCLA. Wazzu almost pulled off a big against Colorado, but couldn't hold on down the stretch. Cal beat Arizona St. They are now tied with Oregon St. for 10th, and ASU continues their quest for a winless season. USC nudged Oregon in the night cap.

The two Oregon schools are a combined 8-18 in conference. Between the 2 of them they won the conference 6 years in a row, not all that long ago. My how they have fallen.

Reaction Score
Friday night roundup--Utah hammered Washington, Oregon St. was close but not quite yet again, story of their season. This time against UCLA. Wazzu almost pulled off a big against Colorado, but couldn't hold on down the stretch. Cal beat Arizona St. They are now tied with Oregon St. for 10th, and ASU continues their quest for a winless season. USC nudged Oregon in the night cap.

The two Oregon schools are a combined 8-18 in conference. Between the 2 of them they won the conference 6 years in a row, not all that long ago. My how they have fallen.
Same problems at both locations or different issues? Both have had transfers both lost very key assistants. Can't see either AD putting them on the hot seat or taking an accessment of the programs with both being so football focused at both locations now. So what happens?

Reaction Score

Oregon over here just breaking my heart! The Ducks kicked butt for that first quarter. The next three, a whole different team. Props to USC and Coach Gottlieb. That USC program is slowly inching up the PAC 12 standings and back into the national conversation after a long time. Coach Gottlieb is putting that program back on the map. One season at a time.

Reaction Score

Winless in conference....it's a lock.
How long till the Devils move on from Ray Anderson bring in a competent AD and a worthy successor to CTT.

Reaction Score
Did everybody see the little segment during the game explaining what I've been saying for years--Brink is way stronger than she looks. I tell ya some of y'all haven't been listening, but I know what I'm talking about.
Not me. If one hasn't read up on what she has done to train and improve, that's on them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom