Pac 12 Conference Outlook | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Pac 12 Conference Outlook

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Are we sure the current Pac 12 commissioner is actually doing...anything? Seems like it's been crickets since he took over.

Reaction Score
Just watched the UCLA-Colorado game and started wondering about Kiki Rice as a pg. it’s a crowded position for the Bruins with Osborne and Jones. Rice is a huge talent, obviously, but she may have an opportunity to develop her game in a different direction, maybe as a slashing shooting guard. She has the skills for this as well. And her defensive skills, which are formidable, might work there as well. She can run the floor well and is an excellent finisher at the rim and on the break, and an active rebounder. Could she be an Aubrey Griffin type of player with even better half court skills?

Reaction Score
Just watched the UCLA-Colorado game and started wondering about Kiki Rice as a pg. it’s a crowded position for the Bruins with Osborne and Jones. Rice is a huge talent, obviously, but she may have an opportunity to develop her game in a different direction, maybe as a slashing shooting guard. She has the skills for this as well. And her defensive skills, which are formidable, might work there as well. She can run the floor well and is an excellent finisher at the rim and on the break, and an active rebounder. Could she be an Aubrey Griffin type of player with even better half court skills?
I gave her a pass as a freshman, but some boneheaded plays that just had me shaking my head. The stupid throwaway after a great steal, she got burned badly on defense most of the game and the gw 3. Again maybe it's cause of high expectations, but she definetely has had struggles.

Reaction Score
Ann Schatz is a wonderful announcer. Used to call the Big East Tournament before she went to the PAC12 Network. Very entertaining.

Now, bear in mind I don't watch much PAC12 on TV - we got SlingTV so we could watch Arizona away games, mostly, and I don't care for the way it seems to work. In any case, I haven't seen Mary Murphy that much, but again, in the day, she called NY LIberty games as well as some of the west coast games for either ESPN or maybe Fox. I didn't mind her then.

Yeah, I like Joan. Every Arizona fan likes Joan. She is actually knowledgeable as far as it goes, but she is an Arizona homer. Only saw her on the call once this year.

I heard that the color commentator last night was Charlie Turner Thorne - I couldn't confirm, I sit next to the opposite end of the announcers table and there were some University VIP's sitting behind the table between me and the TV folks so I couldn't see who was there. If yes - did anyone watch? Was she any good?
I thought Charlie Turner Thorne was very good as the analyst. My favorite new analyst is Syd Weise, former OSU guard. Not because she is an OSU grad, but I really like her demeanor, knowledge, and her calm voice.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I thought Charlie Turner Thorne was very good as the analyst. My favorite new analyst is Syd Weise, former OSU guard. Not because she is an OSU grad, but I really like her demeanor, knowledge, and her calm voice.
Haven't had a chance to hear Syd yet, but CTT has instantly become my favorite Pac-12 analyst. Her insights are so advanced that she catches even the really small things and she explains for the rest of us who don't quite understand how a certain screen was supposed to work, or why a seemingly egregious non-call shouldn't have been called.

If this is what she's doing in "retirement," I dare say she'll have a very successful second career.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
No games are final, but might be another wacky day in the Pac 12. A bunch of games early in 2nd half currently. Could be a couple big upsets by road teams brewing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
USC thumped Colorado. Big road win for the Trojans.

We are on the verge of having a 4 way logjam for 2nd place.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington eeks out a win in Tempe 55-53 over ASU. Cal is the only possible team that ASU can catch up to at this point.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington St. is going to beat Arizona in Tucson. Home teams are winless thus far and another looking like they are going to lose.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Holy cow, Leger-Walker is 0-13 from the floor and they're still gonna get the W. How in the world does Arizona let that happen? The Cats are a fairly major disappointment I'd say. They have talented players, but they just aren't coming together as a team.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pili put on her Superwoman cape and willed Utah to a win. 3 of the starters stunk today. She hit a 3 to tie it and a tough layup splitting 2 defenders to go up by 2 w/ less than a second left. UCLA controlled almost the entire second half but let this one slip away.

edit--Jones' 3 was just a tad long, rimmed out. I don't know how you inbound the ball and get a shot up in less than a second.

Reaction Score
Holy cow, Leger-Walker is 0-13 from the floor and they're still gonna get the W. How in the world does Arizona let that happen? The Cats are a fairly major disappointment I'd say. They have talented players, but they just aren't coming together as a team.
Can't wait to see Adia Barnes press conference. Low key I think she'll throw her team under the bus.

Reaction Score
Well, the kitties, at home, demonstrated

A. On any given Sunday

or (more likely)

B. The importance of coaching

Reaction Score
Washington eeks out a win in Tempe 55-53 over ASU. Cal is the only possible team that ASU can catch up to at this point.
They won't. Sun Devils on the way to 20 losses and winless in conference.

Coach Adair may have a short tenure in Tempe

Reaction Score
Haven't had a chance to hear Syd yet, but CTT has instantly become my favorite Pac-12 analyst. Her insights are so advanced that she catches even the really small things and she explains for the rest of us who don't quite understand how a certain screen was supposed to work, or why a seemingly egregious non-call shouldn't have been called.

If this is what she's doing in "retirement," I dare say she'll have a very successful second career.
Ikr!!!!

She is sorely missed coaching, obviously.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They won't. Sun Devils on the way to 20 losses and winless in conference.

Coach Adair may have a short tenure in Tempe
I did say possible, not likely.

Yeah, I didn't think that was a great hire at the time, hasn't gotten better with age.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Stanford's offensive issues makes them very vulnerable despite their terrific defense. A 6-pt lead at the half on Oregon despite the Ducks shooting 7-40?

Reaction Score
This game is awful. Both teams shooting horribly.
It's interesting to watch teams sag so much off Stanford, including Brink from the free throw line. Its always an interesting basketball debate. I want her to shoot it every time cuz these r basically free throws but, she's being patient running the offense. Also Kiki was featured early on in the season but she doesn't seem to get as many minutes or touches now .
It's like watching teams play South Carolina and watching some of their guards and Beal pass up open jumpshots.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Demetre hit 3 3's to get Stanford going a little bit. Still a pretty ugly game, but both teams started making some buckets in the 4th quarter. 62-54 final. Furd was up as much as 15 several times. Jones struggled shooting but had 16 rebounds. Brink finished w/ 16/11/10. I was impressed by Kyei. 12 points and 17 rebounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom