Pac 12 Conference Outlook | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Pac 12 Conference Outlook

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Leger-Walker is back again, Cougs eek out a win in Tempe. Surprised that was so close. I think Simmons should be the featured player on offense for the Devils, not Skinner.

Washington, yet again, couldn't hang onto a halftime lead, and was held in the 50s. 61-54 win for Arizona.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Utah beat USC. I think the Utes will be tied for 2nd regardless of what else happens tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This OT is taking forever. Missed all of Q1 of Stanford-Oregon St.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wetta sinks a corner 3 w/ 1.9 seconds left to lift Colorado to the win.

Reaction Score
Wetta sinks a corner 3 w/ 1.9 seconds left to lift Colorado to the win.
And that is why the mountain road trip against Colorado and Utah is the one that worries me the most.

It is good to see a PAC12 team beat a BIG10 team .

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal led most of the game, but Oregon escapes Berkeley with a W.

Utah won by 10, that could very well be the only double digit margin in the conference tonight.

Reaction Score
God Stanford is overrated. pac 12 is definitely the most evenly matched conference top to bottom but I don’t know that they have any great teams either.

Reaction Score
boy that was a bad last minute by oregon state, not sure if it was nerves but they just could even get a shot to hit the rim.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My first time watching Gardiner, very impressed. She's a player. Too bad as soon as she started playing, Beers seems to have disappeared. Yeaney probably had her best game as a Beav. TVO had a rough night. She took several terrible shots. 3-14 shooting.

Jones made some big plays for Stanford. Brink had a bunch of shots rim out, not her best night shooting, but 21 pts/13 reb/6 blocks is a darn good game in my book. Belibi didn't really do anything that shows up in the stat sheet, but she had a very positive impact when she was in the game.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
boy that was a bad last minute by oregon state, not sure if it was nerves but they just could even get a shot to hit the rim.
Yes, but if Oregon State can find some decent guard play going forward (and TVO recovers her 3-point shot), they will be a really formidable team as long as Beers and Gardner stay put. Not only are these bigs really "big," they are also really good (already). (And Mitrovic, despite her limitations, is also a solid add to their frontcourt.)

Reaction Score
God Stanford is overrated. pac 12 is definitely the most evenly matched conference top to bottom but I don’t know that they have any great teams either.
Stanford is gonna be a team that can win vs anyone but also can have a clunker vs a conference opponent. I remember the year they won the ntl title they lost to a Colorado team that mighta been under 500. I think people underestimate that our league has a lot of travel issues. Not too long ago they didn't even charter planes to men's games, and the altitude is no joke. Ucla found that out today as Kiki Rice really had a terrible Overtime. Sad to say that USC magic might be running it's course, complete whooping by Utah :(

Reaction Score
Cal led most of the game, but Oregon escapes Berkeley with a W.

Utah won by 10, that could very well be the only double digit margin in the conference tonight.
I was able to watch that Cal/Oregon game this morning. That was a crazy game. Oregon made Cal look really good.

Reaction Score
Stanford is like UConn in the Big East, that team that is going to own the PAC 12. They are just that good.

Reaction Score
My rankings of the PAC for Boneyard poll on Monday. My methodology is Quad One wins minus all losses different than standings because it includes non conference Quad One wins. Ends up being similar to standings.

Stanford (6-2) +4
Utah (5-2) + 3
UCLA (6-4) + 2
Colorado (5-4) +1
USC (3-5) -2
Arizona (2-4) -2

Wash St (2-6) -4
Oregon (2-6) -4
Oregon St (2-9) -7
Washington (1-9) -8
Cal (0-10) -10
Az State (0-11) -11

WILL BE ADJUSTED MONDAY MORNING. We’ll see what happens in other conferences this weekend, but I suspect that the top six will be in my top 25 ballot. The bottom six will not. Oddly to me, I’m guessing that Oregon will be on most other ballots and top 25 in NET. I always feel like Oregon is overrated.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
A little off-topic...but I really enjoy the on-air announcing duo of Ann Schatz (I think that's her name) and Mary Murphy. There's a good chemistry between the two of them. They have become one of my favorite announcing pairs in WCBB.

And, of course, I like good old Joan Bonvicini but I'm in the minority on that, I gather.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
A little off-topic...but I really enjoy the on-air announcing duo of Ann Schatz (I think that's her name) and Mary Murphy. There's a good chemistry between the two of them. They have become one of my favorite announcing pairs in WCBB.

And, of course, I like good old Joan Bonvicini but I'm in the minority on that, I gather.
:eek:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

Ann Schatz is a wonderful announcer. Used to call the Big East Tournament before she went to the PAC12 Network. Very entertaining.

Now, bear in mind I don't watch much PAC12 on TV - we got SlingTV so we could watch Arizona away games, mostly, and I don't care for the way it seems to work. In any case, I haven't seen Mary Murphy that much, but again, in the day, she called NY LIberty games as well as some of the west coast games for either ESPN or maybe Fox. I didn't mind her then.

Yeah, I like Joan. Every Arizona fan likes Joan. She is actually knowledgeable as far as it goes, but she is an Arizona homer. Only saw her on the call once this year.

I heard that the color commentator last night was Charlie Turner Thorne - I couldn't confirm, I sit next to the opposite end of the announcers table and there were some University VIP's sitting behind the table between me and the TV folks so I couldn't see who was there. If yes - did anyone watch? Was she any good?

Reaction Score
Just curious about the "Oregon & Washington" soon to be gone? I don't read every article about the PAC, but I generally skim the local paper and I get a couple of publications related to "The Athletic" by e-mail and I missed that one.

I don't think it is Group of Five material (that was closer actually a few years ago from what I've read). However, if they don't come up with a way to reinvent the conference I fear the complete disintegration option you mention.

"Oregon initiated preliminary discussions in Chicago w/Big Ten to determine if Ducks are compatible in B1G, source told Action Network HQ,”

"Rumors of college football conference-switching dominated the offseason. And those rumors have continued into the regular season as well. There has been speculation that Oregon and Washington could leave the Pac-12 and join the Big 10 soon. However, Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff isn’t worried, per The Athletic"

Well there you go. We know how trustworthy and reliable Pac-12 leadership is.

I love the quote that the Pac-12 commish isn't worried. Clearly Pac-12 leadership hasn't been worried about financial accountability, media rights, the future of the conference, or anything other than self-dealing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom