Pac 12 Conference Outlook | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Pac 12 Conference Outlook

Reaction Score
Oregon over here just breaking my heart! The Ducks kicked butt for that first quarter. The next three, a whole different team. Props to USC and Coach Gottlieb. That USC program is slowly inching up the PAC 12 standings and back into the national conversation after a long time. Coach Gottlieb is putting that program back on the map. One season at a time.
USC is on the way up and they also just signed JuJu Watkins. Props to Coach Gottlieb

I don't understand Oregon right now but things have been slipping since Sabrina left. They have way too much talent to still be performing where they are right now. They still have UCLA and Arizona down the stretch. Only sure bet for a win is that Arizona St game to wrap up the season. Washington and Washington St aren't great but they aren't push overs either. I'll be interested to see how they finish the year.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Really a lot of solid teams in the PAC. Can't believe Arizona State is so bad, I didn't expect them to have a great season, but 0 fer?

The Oregon schools are just confusing, because I don't think they are as bad as their records. Arizona is largely inconsistent, rather than necessarily as shaky as they sometimes look. I have been impressed by every other PAC team I've seen (mostly, against Arizona), I am looking forward to seeing the mountain schools in person next week.

Tomorrow is Arizona's pink game against Cal, I gave away my tickets. I followed Rutgers for years (in person) and pink games were almost always disasters. Obviously no real reason, but I don't go to pink games.

Reaction Score
Really a lot of solid teams in the PAC. Can't believe Arizona State is so bad, I didn't expect them to have a great season, but 0 fer?

The Oregon schools are just confusing, because I don't think they are as bad as their records. Arizona is largely inconsistent, rather than necessarily as shaky as they sometimes look. I have been impressed by every other PAC team I've seen (mostly, against Arizona), I am looking forward to seeing the mountain schools in person next week.

Tomorrow is Arizona's pink game against Cal, I gave away my tickets. I followed Rutgers for years (in person) and pink games were almost always disasters. Obviously no real reason, but I don't go to pink games.
Hate to hear that. SC pink game is tomorrow. :confused::confused:

Reaction Score
Oregon’s NET RANKING as opposed to Southern Cal is preposterous.

NET: Oregon 18 - Southern Cal 28

Oregon 14-10 (5-8)
—— Quad 1 wins 3
—— Q 1 wins minus losses -7
Last 10 record 3-7

SoCal 18-6 (8-5)
—— Quad 1 wins 6
——-Q 1 wins minus losses 0
last 10 record 7-3

Record against each other? 1-1 both winning at home. Oregon by a larger margin. SiCal won in last 10.

In my opinion , Oregon is not even a top 32 team. That Q-1 record minus losses is absolutely atrocious. How can the NET integer give them an 18th ranking? (Note that RPI ranking is 48)

Makes me wonder whether Oregon has figured out how to game the system to get the tournament opening round home games? Nah, but dayum.

I could probably make a similar comparison of Oregon to Colorado but too lazy

Reaction Score
Oregon’s NET RANKING as opposed to Southern Cal is preposterous.

NET: Oregon 18 - Southern Cal 28

Oregon 14-10 (5-8)
—— Quad 1 wins 3
—— Q 1 wins minus losses -7
Last 10 record 3-7

SoCal 18-6 (8-5)
—— Quad 1 wins 6
——-Q 1 wins minus losses 0
last 10 record 7-3

Record against each other? 1-1 both winning at home. Oregon by a larger margin. SiCal won in last 10.

In my opinion , Oregon is not even a top 32 team. That Q-1 record minus losses is absolutely atrocious. How can the NET integer give them an 18th ranking? (Note that RPI ranking is 48)

Makes me wonder whether Oregon has figured out how to game the system to get the tournament opening round home games? Nah, but dayum.

I could probably make a similar comparison of Oregon to Colorado but too lazy
Wow. Yeah it is interesting why Oregon's NET rankings are higher than Souther Cal's NET rankings. I will have to do some research. I love Oregon and have never been a fan of any type of ranking system. There is always some element a team can use to manipulate to their advantage.

Reaction Score
Wow. Yeah it is interesting why Oregon's NET rankings are higher than Souther Cal's NET rankings. I will have to do some research. I love Oregon and have never been a fan of any type of ranking system. There is always some element a team can use to manipulate to their advantage.
I personally feel that all computer rankings are too complex which is why Quad 1 wins minus losses is what I rely on. It, of course, the flaw in my system that I use the net computer to determine the Quads.

When you play Oregon, it’s a Q-1 wherever you play them. If you play Louisville at your home, it’s not a quad on game for you. Yet Louisville is ( by use of my Q-1 minus losses system) the better team. So really, my system is a dumbed down NET. Head bang

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford just toyed with Arizona St. today. Jump and Emma-Nnopu were teeing off behind the arc in the first half. They were just in cruise control in the second half.

Looked like 50 fans in the stands today (officially listed as 1759; that's inflated by 10x or more). That is attendance that even USC would be embarrassed by.

Skinner from ASU scored plenty today, but I just don't like her game. High volume shooter. She got SO MANY bailout calls by the refs today. She was 6-17 from the floor but 9-11 from the line. She looks like she weighs about 90 lbs., she falls down every time she shoots, and refs blow the whistle even if no defender is in contact with her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado hammered Washington. Utah beat Washington St. Arizona thumped Cal. USC and UCLA could both be tied w/ Arizona if they win today. The top 6 are really separating from the bottom 6.

Reaction Score
Stanford just toyed with Arizona St. today. Jump and Emma-Nnopu were teeing off behind the arc in the first half. They were just in cruise control in the second half.

Looked like 50 fans in the stands today (officially listed as 1759; that's inflated by 10x or more). That is attendance that even USC would be embarrassed by.

Skinner from ASU scored plenty today, but I just don't like her game. High volume shooter. She got SO MANY bailout calls by the refs today. She was 6-17 from the floor but 9-11 from the line. She looks like she weighs about 90 lbs., she falls down every time she shoots, and refs blow the whistle even if no defender is in contact with her.

Love what Agnes has been able to provide when she plays. Will for sure need her and Betts once postseason tournaments roll around.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon St. does it again...loses a close game. Forced OT, but then only managed 1 meager point in the extra session. USC wasn't much better, they scored 5. That must've been an excruciating 5 minutes to watch. Beavs might be better off getting blown out, all these close losses have to be demoralizing. No TVO today. Beers finally had another good game, been a while. But now Gardiner was a no show. They can't seem to get more than a couple players to be productive in any given game. Over the last month or so Yeaney has probably been their most consistent player. I would've never guessed that would be the case. Totally lost season for them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And UCLA beat Oregon. Ducks and Beavs nightmarish seasons continue.

Reaction Score
Oregon Ducks got me.....

Janet Jackson Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
. The top 6 are really separating from the bottom 6.
A clear First Division and Second Division. Six teams with winning league records and six with losing. What will be interesting is Stanfords closing games all against “first division” teams. UCLA, USC, then @ CO and Utah.
Utah plays at ASU and AZ before hosting CAL. Looks like the final regular season game may be for the title: Stanford @ Utah. Mark your calendar.

Reaction Score
Oregon State is missing a playmaker or two. Defensively, OSU has played very well the last few games. Freshmen are improving, and they just need an Aleah Goodman, Syd Weise, Destiny Slocum, who can either create their own shot, or find the open player during clutch time. The amount of close games they have lost is staggering. The good news is the freshmen/sophomore class is darn good, and if OSU can secure playmakers at the PG position, this team's future is bright. I should add, keep their freshmen/sophomores from leaving the program.

Reaction Score
Oregon State is missing a playmaker or two. Defensively, OSU has played very well the last few games. Freshmen are improving, and they just need an Aleah Goodman, Syd Weise, Destiny Slocum, who can either create their own shot, or find the open player during clutch time. The amount of close games they have lost is staggering. The good news is the freshmen/sophomore class is darn good, and if OSU can secure playmakers at the PG position, this team's future is bright. I should add, keep their freshmen/sophomores from leaving the program.
You just described half of the Pac-12 programs.

1. Missing a playmaker or two.
2. Amount of close games staggering.
3. Good current young players.
4. Secure a playmaker or two off season.
5. Keep current players from leaving

Reaction Score

Just a dumpster fire. From the lame "search,", curious coaching selection, to exodus the result is not a surprise.

First time in 10 birthdays (alternate years) I have not watched the Devils. Without quick action the abyss Ray Anderson has created for WBB will be generational.

I wonder which collapse ends first:. The conference or the maroon and gold.

I was at the NAU pink game last night. Enjoyed watching the point guard with 4th most assists in the nation lead the Jacks to victory.

ASSISTS
Last updated February 17, 2023 - Through games February 16, 2023
1 Caitlin Clark IowaJr.6-0 G26 216
2 Nika Muhl UConnJr. 5-10 G 26 210
3 Taina Mair Boston College Fr.5-9 G29 194
4 Regan Schenck Northern Ariz.Sr.5-7 G28 192

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I got Sling Blue&Orange, get all the PAC12 Watching Arizona vs. Utah (great game) and I get ACC, SEC and Big10 so I am very saturated with WCBB.

Reaction Score
HUGE HUGE WIN FOR ADIA BARNES AND THE CATS! WOW! This conference never dissapoints me. I will say it again, hardest conference to win on the road.

Reaction Score
I got Sling Blue&Orange, get all the PAC12 Watching Arizona vs. Utah (great game) and I get ACC, SEC and Big10 so I am very saturated with WCBB.
I'm watching the game also. A strangely called game, to say the least. When Barnes got called for a tech in the 3rd quarter (She did it deliberately), Arizona, in a home game, was called for 20 fouls compared to Utah's 9. The fouls ended up with Arizona committing 26 fouls to Utah's 23. So 6 on Arizona and 14 on Utah after the tech. Granted, a few of the fouls by Utah were intentional at the very end of the game, but...
That was quite a turnaround in how the fouls were called.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was getting fairly discouraged about Washington earlier this season. Now they've been winning some games. Could potentially be looking at a NIT berth this year. Baby steps for a program that has been REALLY down. Poor Oregon St. on the other hand. 3 wins in conference and they might not get another victory this year. Ouch.

UW is currently 1 game ahead of Oregon, and the 2 meet on Sunday. Raise your hand if you predicted they would be battling for 8th place in the conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom