Pac 12 Conference Outlook | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Pac 12 Conference Outlook

Reaction Score
Colorado has played Stanford tough since the 2019 season. They beat Stanford once and taken Stanford to OT twice. Their coach beat Stanford when she was the Santa Clara coach.

Should Colorado be ranked after beating the #8/#8 and #14/#10 ranked teams?

Reaction Score
I see that ome of your fans are expecting a very high point production from her this weekend if she does play. Give us a report on how good she is because I am hearing nothing but high expectations from my other co-workers aligned with the program. I hope for you that rings true.
Timea had 9 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in 19 minutes. With Leger-Walker back WSU is tough opponent and WSU wins.

Washington was only down 3 with 1 minute left, but Oregon pulls away and wins.
Washington is playing well for a team that is 9 and 6.

Reaction Score
Oregon, Colorado, and USC win at home. Stanford and WSU win their road games. Washington needs a couple more pieces but their coach (Tina Langley in her second year) is making the most of what they do have. Oregon out of sync but credit to UW game plan.

WSU over OSU surprised me a bit. Hope the Ducks are ready Sunday. Colorado over Arizona not a surprise. And I think Utah will complete the bad weekend for the ‘Cats. Tough trip.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
My dad was following the play by play of the Stanford-UCLA game and keeping me up to date. Brink had a swat every 30 seconds or minute or so in the 4th quarter. 6 of her 7 blocks (career high for her I think?) were in the final frame. UCLA went most of the quarter without scoring. It was at least a 13-0 run to begin the quarter.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Timea had 9 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in 19 minutes. With Leger-Walker back WSU is tough opponent and WSU wins.

I think Oregon really got away with one tonight. Rogers had one of her worst games of the year, and I guess Paopao was mostly ok, but Hanson was money off the bench and VanSlooten manged 13 and 7 while dealing with ankle issues. If the team doesn't play much better Sunday WSU will leave with a sweep of the Oregon schools.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
My dad was following the play by play of the Stanford-UCLA game and keeping me up to date. Brink had a swat every 30 seconds or minute or so in the 4th quarter. 6 of her 7 blocks (career high for her I think?) were in the final frame. UCLA went most of the quarter without scoring. It was at least a 13-0 run to begin the quarter.
Yes, it was really impressive. Stanford is night and day without or with Brink on the court.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think Oregon really got away with one tonight. Rogers had one of her worst games of the year, and I guess Paopao was mostly ok, but Hanson was money off the bench and VanSlooten manged 13 and 7 while dealing with ankle issues. If the team doesn't play much better Sunday WSU will leave with a sweep of the Oregon schools.
Fortunately you were playing the Huskies, who can't hit a 3 if their lives depend on it. Hitting 22% as a team this season. That defies belief. 2-15 tonight wasn't really an anomaly, that's just a normal game for them.

Reaction Score

And I kept hearing Timea was going to score in the 20's and become a team savior. Why set up a player like that? Give her some time to develop.

Reaction Score
I definitely saw that in the South Carolina and Tennessee games. No offense to Jones (or anyone else), but I think Brink is their most important player and it's not even remotely close.
Jones stood around a lot in the corner during the first half. I think not having the ball in her hand as much has impacted her game. She was much better in the second half. Pretty certain the coach had a few words for her at the half.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Colorado has played Stanford tough since the 2019 season. They beat Stanford once and taken Stanford to OT twice. Their coach beat Stanford when she was the Santa Clara coach.

Should Colorado be ranked after beating the #8/#8 and #14/#10 ranked teams?
I thought Colorado looked solid, not flashy. First time I've seen them. I feel like Arizona always struggles on the Mountain trip.

I will say I think they should be considered for ranking. Its all about what everyone else does to whether they should get in in the end to me.

On a separate note, I saw a number of Arizona fans on Facebook talking up how well Arizona played. I thought they played bad basketball. I was not impressed with that performance. I thought it was poor shooting, among other things.

Reaction Score
And I kept hearing Timea was going to score in the 20's and become a team savior. Why set up a player like that? Give her some time to develop.
Interesting comment from someone who anointed Prince a top four Pac-12 player before she ever played a collegiate game.

Reaction Score
Interesting comment from someone who anointed Prince a top four Pac-12 player before she ever played a collegiate game.
That is a pure fabricated lie on your part. Never saw a single Oregon fan here that was impressed with her play so show us who saifd that. In fact I am sure the other Oregon fans here would say I was the first to trash her play every week harder than anyone else and thought her whole tic-tock charade was also fraud too.

Your the one that I believe that said Rueck is still the next best coach in Pac-12 behind Tara. You know thart is not true at this point in time.
Why would you say that?

Reaction Score
That is a pure fabricated lie on your part. Never saw a single Oregon fan here that was impressed with her play so show us who saifd that. In fact I am sure the other Oregon fans here would say I was the first to trash her play every week harder than anyone else and thought her whole tic-tock charade was also fraud too.

Your the one that I believe that said Rueck is still the next best coach in Pac-12 behind Tara. You know thart is not true at this point in time.
Why would you say that?
940EE710-B218-4357-9AAF-3F2426958958.jpeg

You literally said it. Is it still a “pure fabricated lie”?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I didn't remember who said what, but I know at least one Oregon fan was hyping Prince very hard after 1 or 2 games of her first year playing for the Ducks on this board.

Reaction Score
View attachment 83035
You literally said it. Is it still a “pure fabricated lie”?
Yeah, I am also not the top ten praisers of Kelly Graves either. I literally took that from Kelly's pre-season presser on Prince and it mase me groan at the time. (Someone could probably find his video on his praises) Also just as a note I dont call Pao Pao a "star" like Kelly or the radio guy does constantly or the the best player out of La Jolla Counntry Day like he refers to her as. So yeah I should have linked Kellys constant praise of Prince in post game after post game in the reference with thick sarcasm noted. WNBA material, I think Prince not and that was his last comment about her. I have allways said everyone is better without her distractions.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The worst shooting team in the world is absolutely red hot today. That should be cryptic enough to not count as a game thread.

Reaction Score
Like a lot of conferences this year, if a team, especially the teams that are ranked, aren't focused and playing their "A" game, any given night these teams that are not ranked will find a way to get a win.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Utah made a pair of FTs with 1 second left to escape against Arizona by 1. Cats had scored 4 straight to take the lead.

Reaction Score
Utah made a pair of FTs with 1 second left to escape against Arizona by 1. Cats had scored 4 straight to take the lead.
Arizona stole an inbounds pass with 6 seconds left to go up by 1 with 4 seconds left.

Cal up 2 at halftime over UCLA.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Arizona stole an inbounds pass with 6 seconds left to go up by 1 with 4 seconds left.

Cal up 2 at halftime over UCLA.
Yeah, I thought Clark was gonna be a hero w/ 2 late buckets. I wasn't watching, shame committing a foul with 1 second left.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom