Oz says Gilbert to Shockers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oz says Gilbert to Shockers

Reaction Score
You said exactly what I was trying to say. When over half the team transfers, something is very wrong.

Reaction Score
To be clear: My posts were in direct response to previous posts claiming that Alterique would have to try to be the man and would end up failing by doing too much playing all by himself for Wichita State with the idea that Shockers have no talent left after these transfers.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
all those reviews posted, and they say al is 'six feet' tall. yeah, right. its almost like they never saw him standing next to coach dan. I have no opinion on his destination, just hoping that he gets it right. he could use a break.

Reaction Score
Assuming AG doesn't recover from his lapse of reason, is a 5 the target?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
What does this mean?
I would think it's obvious:

1585082446546.png

(I think he was saying if Al doesn't change his mind, are we looking for a center.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well if he 'helped', that implies he offered the bag. Cause that's the only thing he could realistically do as an outsider. And that means he just admitted that in public which is great.
It could have been in other forms. Many possibilities that wouldn't be so egregious. I wouldn't assume it could ONLY be the worst possibility. Besides that, as a huge fan, why would he ever admit to the worst knowing the harm it could cause?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I would think it's obvious:

View attachment 52289

(I think he was saying if Al doesn't change his mind, are we looking for a center?)
Yeah, I got that part; it was the "lapse of reason" part I was questioning.

No one here knows what all is going into this decision and I think it's crazy--especially after all the excellent reporting on Al during the past couple weeks--that so many people here are sitting in judgment of him no matter what he chooses to do.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It could have been in other forms. Many possibilities that wouldn't be so egregious. I wouldn't assume it could ONLY be the worst possibility. Besides that, as a huge fan, why would he ever admit to the worst knowing the harm it could cause?

Because he's a KO fan, first and foremost. That's his boy. He'd take KO over the university 100 out of 100.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

No one here knows what all is going into this decision and I think it's crazy--especially after all the excellent reporting on Al during the past couple weeks--that so many people here are sitting in judgment of him no matter what he chooses to do.
Agree, but it's not the least bit surprising. That is what we do here. I don't think any of it is intended to be mean spirited. It think the vast majority of us (if not all of us) wish him well. The question is what is the best choice for him. I'm not sure that WSU is, but then again I take anything that Oz posts these days with a healthy helping of salt.

Reaction Score

I think many of us want Al to finally be happy and productive, and to showcase his talents in order to land a good pro spot somewhere.

Given both the on court and off court happenings involving both Al and WSU this season, it's only natural to wonder if WSU is a real good fit for him. With 7 outgoing transfers the cupboard is bound to be a bit bare, and the coach is known to be much less nurturing than Dan Hurley. I for one hope Oz is wrong and Al finds a better situation. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
.... because, well, it’s Wichita, and Connecticut people should never had to travel that far in the first place to see him play.

yup, now we get to travel to much closer spots, like Nebraska and Missouri, which are nowhere near Kansas!

Reaction Score
Because he's a KO fan, first and foremost. That's his boy. He'd take KO over the university 100 out of 100.
Understood, but would also be a foolish move to implicate yourself for such a reason...which he didn't do. He only bragged that he played a part in it, which could have been anything. Speculating further about his meaning has no upside, IMO.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Agree, but it's not the least bit surprising. That is what we do here. I don't think any of it is intended to be mean spirited. It think the vast majority of us (if not all of us) wish him well. The question is what is the best choice for him. I'm not sure that WSU is, but then again I take anything that Oz posts these days with a healthy helping of salt.
I think many of us want Al to finally be happy and productive, and to showcase his talents in order to land a good pro spot somewhere.

Given both the on court and off court happenings involving both Al and WSU this season, it's only natural to wonder if WSU is a real good fit for him. With 7 outgoing transfers the cupboard is bound to be a bit bare, and the coach is known to be much less nurturing than Dan Hurley. I for one hope Oz is wrong and Al finds a better situation. Just my opinion.
I get it; I just have a hard time believing that Al and those with whom he is consulting, including Hurley, aren't very well aware of everything we know and more. I trust that they are in a much better position than we are to weigh the factors and come to a decision about what they think is best for him.

After all he's been through, and what a great guy--and great Husky--he seems to be, it just sticks in my craw to see so many people question his judgment for deciding to transfer; while so many others claim he had no choice and was shown the door; while still others question the wisdom of every single team that has been mentioned as a potential landing place for him. It's exhausting.

I just want the kid to do what makes him happy.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
A little weird how everyone is willing to write off Wichita based on not a whole lot. They were a Final Four team and national contender in the very recent past.
But for the latest ish, I maintained the same sentiments.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Understood, but would also be a foolish move to implicate yourself for such a reason...which he didn't do. He only bragged that he played a part in it, which could have been anything. Speculating further about his meaning has no upside, IMO.

Speculating on just about anything on here has no upside if we are being honest.

Reaction Score

Not mean spirited at all. The discussion here has certainly questioned the sensibility of such a transfer. After all, AG, with his notable development under DH, could play an inportant part on the team next year - or as some might assert, maybe not. So as per parts of the thread, if ur going to transfer with that amazing set of skills, why go to a potential dumpster fire next door? Why not a complete change of scenary (ie, different conference) to a spot that provides the visiblity he deserves??

That said, no one wahas been a bigger supporter for the kid that I. I recomended (I think), and hoo-rahed, the fact that he finally went to Steadman Hawkins at Vail after 2 disappointmnet surgeries. I went to S-H for an orthopaedic issue year ago, and while many local hospitals talked a good game, SH delivered. Seems like that finally worked. Hope for the season seemed unlimited. Same for AG!

So, if true, transfer to WS seems bizzare.

Also, if true, begs my Q of what's next for UConn? a needed 5??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom