Oz says Gilbert to Shockers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oz says Gilbert to Shockers

Reaction Score
I’m a little surprised.
I thought something closer to his home ( Atlanta) . The AAC is no surprise as the coaches all know him well.
ECU for instance had some nice freshman that could have befitted from a hard nose like Gilbert .
Howecer WSU obviously has a better fan base and great winning tradition. Hopefully he gets a shot in the NCAA tourney.
Good luck to a great kid .I’ll remember him as a smaller version of Ricky Moore.
WSU defense just got better.

Reaction Score
Oz has been pretty spot on for a while, with the exception of Hamidou. Asked Oz at First Night 2016, and he said Hami was ours. The rest is history. The guy is definitely credible though.

Reaction Score
“Al Tarique” ...for someone so close you’d figure he’d at least spell his name right. Smh

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Someone asked him a question. He never said alteriques name like that
You're wrong. Click on the link to Oz's actual Twitter account.

Reaction Score
Al’s had some good games against Wichita State in the past. At Wichita State last year he hit a couple clutch threes with less than a minute left before we got beat on a buzzer beater. Would have been the hero of that game if we pulled off the win.

Really hope for the best for him. If it had to be an AAC team, this is the best option. Cincinnati would have been rough.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Not sure that I buy this. From what Al seemed to be looking for, this and ECU were two of the last schools I would expect him to go to. Whichever it is hope him the best. Still think he could have come back and been effective.

Reaction Score
Just who is this Al Tarique that "Oz" helped bring to UConn?

On a more serious note, I hope Alterique ends up closer to home in a program with less turmoil surrounding it.

Reaction Score
Someone asked him a question. He never said alteriques name like that

Haha, his tweet is this “Greg Marshall of Wichita St is pushing for Al Tarique really hard!! Wanting to play him 38 min a game etc... May end up there soon”

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
With all the defections, my guess is that Marshall would be looking to give him big minutes as they rebuild the program over the next year.

Man, I just hope it works out. Reading around, you get the impression that Marshall is a bit of a jerk. After seeing how supportive Ron Hunter was with Lawson this year, I thought Tulane would’ve been a great spot for him to get minutes while also being in a good environment. Wichita seems like a mess right now, so I hope this goes well as we all just want a happy/healthy ending for Al

Reaction Score
"I helped bring him to UConn"

Oz you didn't do !@#$. you were smiling in the locker room just like any other hanger on.
I know Oz, like someone else mentioned he’s been right a lot over the years. He told me about Roscoe weeks before and we weren’t heavy fave at that time. Met him once even at a game. He’s legit esp w last staff he was close w KO and Rickey. Diallo fooled everyone so to me that’s a non issue.

The last staff had so much trouble recruiting they needed guys like oz and Swain in Ga. to help. I will leave it at that.

Reaction Score
Should have chosen Georgia. Bigger stage, Crean is an evil genius and he’s home. I hope he changes his mind.

edit: Why the hell would he choose to remain in the AAC? Now I can readily admit, the AAC blows.

Was Georgia interested? I thought I saw names like Georgia St, Hampton, etc. I thank AG for his time here and will always wonder "what if," but because of all the injuries he was really not a very good player here.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Was Georgia interested? I thought I saw names like Georgia St, Hampton, etc. I thank AG for his time here and will always wonder "what if," but because of all the injuries he was really not a very good player here.
Georgia offered I’m pretty sure. And every AAC team

Reaction Score
Georgia and Florida. Either one could have helped boost his stock. He’s trying to get his career back and shift into the next gear. He should go to a big program where he can make it happen if everything clicks.

Reaction Score
He wanted to be closer to home in GA.....in Kansas....
I mean maybe that was his best offer but why wud he want to stay in the trash aac - and play in the middle of Kansas? For a team on rebuild? Strange. But, hope he does well. Cudda stayed here and been in thick of it in big East for 5 less mins a game on a fun exciting/familiar team with his UConn boys on the come up. I mean I guess I understand him leaving , but heading to whichita? Geez

pj

Reaction Score
Good coach, lots of playing time. SEC is a better conference but not necessarily better landing place for him.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It does make sense to go play for Marshall. I’m sure he talked about how he got Fred Vanfleet into the league at his size

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom