Our Resume Is Set, What's Our Seed? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Our Resume Is Set, What's Our Seed?

Seed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Andy Katz has UConn as a 7 seed taking on 10 seed Michigan State with the winner likely taking on #2 Alabama

I would be OK with that, though I'm not in love with the idea of another blue blood in the first round.

Also pretty disgusting that Syracuse would be in the field and with a more realistic path to the Elite 8 than we would have.

Reaction Score
Andy Katz has UConn as a 7 seed taking on 10 seed Michigan State with the winner likely taking on #2 Alabama

MSU is a good matchup for us. If we win it would build an enormous amount of confidence heading into Bama (winnable). If we lose, at least it’s to a respectable program, IMO.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think we are all going to be surprised. It's either going to be a 5 or a 10.

Reaction Score
CBS currently has UConn as a 5 seed! It also has Goin' to Wichita State and Colorado State in. Espn has Drake and Utah State in.

Reaction Score
Big range we could find ourselves in depending on what metrics they lean on.

KenPom has us a 6 or better, on the strength of having a lot of double-digit wins.

NET has us as an 8, on the weakness of having only one win over a top 50 team.

We'll see.
I was just thinking, thats a pretty wide spread btw the projections of 5 and 8. I have not paid much attention to seeding like that in a while since we’ve been out of the picture for 5 years. But, have there been any recent examples of a team’s seed projections so widespread between all the bracket guys? And does Bouknight being out really factor much into seeding? If the number show we are a 7/8, would the committee really bump us up a seed line because Bouknight missed so much time? A lot of suspense heading into the selection show, but that’s the fun of it all. Can’t wait.

Reaction Score
6B132213-6BF9-4F1B-83E6-238A8A66D0FD.jpeg

Someone is getting a 1st round matchup with a Georgetown team that is trending way up over the past month

Reaction Score
I'm surprised how cuse was the last team in on a lot of brackets then gtown and oregon st steal bids and somehow cuse moves up? I guess Al and wsu helped a little losing to cinci...

Any new news on the mich dude who got hurt? Would make an 8/9 seed less daunting if we end up in their bracket

Reaction Score
Mike DeCourcey has ...
Villanova 5 seed
Creighton 6
Connecticut 7
Georgetown 13

Xavier, first four out
i thought only midmajors could be lower than a 12? has a power conference team ever been a 13?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am feeling a 6 seed and have been for awhile. I think they want to being able to promote UConn with schools like UK and Duke out of it.

Go Huskies

Reaction Score
I would be OK with that, though I'm not in love with the idea of another blue blood in the first round.

Also pretty disgusting that Syracuse would be in the field and with a more realistic path to the Elite 8 than we would have.
Assuming the Gtown game was a fluke I don’t think Cuse would match up well with Creighton at all. Creighton seems to struggle with skilled size but are really effective defending the perimeter. And Creighton is light years more talented offensively. While I think playing a Syracuse zone can be a challenge, this Cuse team is not particularly strong defensively, they are not terribly athletic, they don’t have skilled bigs, they don’t rebound well, and they are inconsistent shooters.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
from november, my view was late 2/early 3.
then, subtract 1 - james/ajax injuries, so late 3/early 4.
then subtract 1 - covid rhythm busting/schedule, so late 4/early 5.
then subtract 1 - creighton tourney loss, so late 5/early 6.
'sittin' on the porch, smokin' a, umm, ahhh, err,... cigar. hackin'ology!' prolly should trademark that one. lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom