Our Resume Is Set, What's Our Seed? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Our Resume Is Set, What's Our Seed?

Seed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I thought I read or heard from one of the cbb guys that the seeding and resume's are basically done by Saturday evening. They announce Sunday to seed the last minute bid stealers and things that could happen in Sunday championship games. So, even if Gtown gives us another q1 win as of a few minutes ago, I believe that the seed for us has already been done, and it won't matter.

Reaction Score
On the bright side this is the year to be in the 8/9 as I don’t think all of the 1 seeds will be deserving outside of Gonzaga and Baylor. Wouldn’t be scared of being in the Michigan or Illinois regions

Reaction Score
I thought I read or heard from one of the cbb guys that the seeding and resume's are basically done by Saturday evening. They announce Sunday to seed the last minute bid stealers and things that could happen in Sunday championship games. So, even if Gtown gives us another q1 win as of a few minutes ago, I believe that the seed for us has already been done, and it won't matter.
Could be wrong but I don't think that's true, that's ignoring a lot of games if it's true. IIRC that applies to the AAC and Big Ten championship games that happen a few hours before the selection show but that's it

Reaction Score
That doesn't even make any sense. Why Saturday evening if they aren't going to care about results? Why not, say, last Tuesday? It absolutely matters

Reaction Score
17 in KenPom. Will be interesting to see where the NET and BPI are. I think we should be a lock for a 7 seed now. We are actually ahead of Creighton in KenPom now.

Reaction Score
Love it. I had Seton Hall and Maryland last year at like 50/60-1. Thought I had some good hedge equity.

Gonzaga this year looks like the the biggest favorite to win the title in the KenPom era. With that designation though comes all the mitigating factors associated with a pandemic ridden season. So futures this year just led to so much volatility.

I could easily have seen MD vs. Dayton in the Elite 8. Whether Dayton got East or Midwest region could have gone a long way in deciding their fate in the Regional.

Nice picks!

Reaction Score
That doesn't even make any sense. Why Saturday evening if they aren't going to care about results? Why not, say, last Tuesday? It absolutely matters
It does make sense. This committee gets together and starts reviewing things early this week and starts the blueprint for seeding. At that time, they have the metrics printed out for every team. If our 1 game against Gtown turns into a quad 1 on Saturday night at 9pm the night before seeding, there’s very little chance the committee will recognize that. They’re already keeping track of 40 something at large teams. Late Saturday and daytime Sunday is for making final shifts in seeding depending on what happens with the late games on Saturday and early Sunday games.

Reaction Score
17 in KenPom. Will be interesting to see where the NET and BPI are. I think we should be a lock for a 7 seed now. We are actually ahead of Creighton in KenPom now.
They beat us 3 times and are reasonably close in other metrics. Zero chance we're ahead of Creighton on the S curve.

Reaction Score
They beat us 3 times and are reasonably close in other metrics. Zero chance we're ahead of Creighton on the S curve.
Didn't say we were above them. Just saying we are in KenPom.

They lost to GTown twice, at home, at by 25 on a neutral court. We beat that same team twice, by a combined 23 points. Its ok to admit that's a good thing @Tenspro2002.

Reaction Score
we should be pulling for Grand Canyon vs New Mexico St. Hartford is currently 168 in NET and NMSU is 160. If Hartford gets to 160 UConns win vs them goes from Q4 to Q3. NMSU losing makes it a lot easier for Hartford to jump up. Also DePaul is 163 maybe they can do nothing and get a bump up to 160 too who knows

Reaction Score
we should be pulling for Grand Canyon vs New Mexico St. Hartford is currently 168 in NET and NMSU is 160. If Hartford gets to 160 UConns win vs them goes from Q4 to Q3. NMSU losing makes it a lot easier for Hartford to jump up. Also DePaul is 163 maybe they can do nothing and get a bump up to 160 too who knows
I don't think the Committee pays much attention to demarcating Q3 vs Q4.

Georgetown getting into Q1 helps.

Reaction Score
I respect this, but also find it ridiculous

Reaction Score
On the bright side this is the year to be in the 8/9 as I don’t think all of the 1 seeds will be deserving outside of Gonzaga and Baylor. Wouldn’t be scared of being in the Michigan or Illinois regions
I'd throw Illinois in that elite group. They are peaking now, will almost always have the best player on the court (Ayo) and often the second best (Kofi), and play good D. Prototypical final four team. Michigan scares me less than they did earlier in the year

Reaction Score
4-4 in Q1, 4-3 in Q2 now. 0 Q3/Q4 losses. That is the resume of a 6 seed; 7 if the committee hates us. But 8-7 in Q1/Q2 while missing your best player for 8 games is definitely good enough for a 6 seed
Actually 4-4, 3-3. The Q1 win comes from Q2 and the Q3 win replaces the Q2, doesn't add another one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom