Other games 11/24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Other games 11/24

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Hallelujah Jose and his team of Euros beat UCLA to get a win this weekend...finally. Is it just me that thinks Laura Ferrara has been at USF for a decade?
I keep hearing these comments about Ferreira and Laksa.

Ferreira is a fifth-year senior after missing most of last year with injury. She was a freshman the same year as Kia and Gabby.

Laksa is a traditional senior, in the same class as Lou and Napheesa. I'm hoping she'll seek a medical hardship waiver to play next year, but who knows.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Hallelujah Jose and his team of Euros beat UCLA to get a win this weekend...finally.

Also, I didn't know that currency could play basketball. I look forward to the matchup between the Euros and the Dollars.

Reaction Score
And I wish I'd won the lottery. Get over it, move on.

You can't tell me that if we still had AEH on our bench, we would be that much stronger, and with such, it might be like winning the lottery? No need the get over anything, as we all know that the UCONN bench this season is presently our Achilles Heel.

Plebe

Reaction Score
You can't tell me that if we still had AEH on our bench, we would be that much stronger, and with such, it might be like winning the lottery? No need the get over anything, as we all know that the UCONN bench this season is presently our Achilles Heel.
And yet even though we "all know" it, someone will surely remind us of it every single time AEH takes the court in a Mississippi State uniform.

There's a saying about "if my aunt had [a certain anatomical feature] she'd be my uncle" that's also apropos about now. Get. Over. It.

Reaction Score
I think that most UCONN fans would take on average 13 points a game, so far this season, coming off the bench. (It's just sad that all of this might not have had to have to happen, if things might have been handled differently. "Maybe" this is why many of the Top 100 recruits are no longer choosing UCONN as their destination, albiet UCONN got a gem in Aubrey Griffin)

Reaction Score
Why should they? As a Duke fan I never paid attention to the players who transferred away on a game by game basis. That goes for football, men's basketball, women's basketball..... etc
Same here. Usually they are on national TV during the conference season and you can watch them play then. I try to see how Kiah Gillespie is performing once in a while at Florida State. The Terps just played Georgia and Jenna Staiti. They won in a close game this afternoon.

Reaction Score
Same here. Usually they are on national TV during the conference season and you can watch them play then. I try to see how Kiah Gillespie is performing once in a while at Florida State. The Terps just played Georgia and Jenna Staiti. They won in a close game this afternoon.
If I were a MD fan I surely would keep away from following transfers
Lexi Brown leaving cost MD 2 final four trips
Destiny Slocum leaving messed up last year
Kiara Leslie shot and tormented MD from reaching the Sweet 16 with 21 points 11 reb and holding Charles to 4 total points which was 14 below her season avg.
Gillespie will shine at Fl St
Yes for sanity reasons I would not follow how transfers are doing. Few have had more costly transfers than MD in recent years

Last edited:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Oregon 79-55 over St. Mary's at the St. Mary's Thanksgiving Classic. Graves cannot be happy about this one, since, of the starters, only Ionescu, for whom this was a homecoming game, seemed ready to play for much of the game, although Sabally did end up with a nice line: 13 pts., 8 rebounds, and 6 steals.. Hebard, particularly, looked lethargic and out of sorts.

Reaction Score
Oregon 79-55 over St. Mary's at the St. Mary's Thanksgiving Classic. Graves cannot be happy about this one, since, of the starters, only Ionescu, for whom this was a homecoming game, seemed ready to play for much of the game, although Sabally did end up with a nice line: 13 pts., 8 rebounds, and 6 steals.. Hebard, particularly, looked lethargic and out of sorts.
Is Boley affecting Hebard touches?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Also, I didn't know that currency could play basketball. I look forward to the matchup between the Euros and the Dollars.
Actually, there are 2 matchups this year:January 13 and March 4 and the average exchange rate is 32 over the last 3 matches..:rolleyes:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Is Boley affecting Hebard touches?

I don't think so, although Boley certainly doesn't hesitate to put the ball up (short, a lot of the time, in this game). Hebard's averaging about 18 and a half points/game and shooting (I think) over 70%. But today she had her shot blocked several times by someone who shouldn't be able to do that and generally did not seem herself. Perhaps she's under the weather a bit. The only pluses I took from the game were Sabally's rebounding (she didn't do much in that area as a freshman) and the continuing solid play by the freshman guard Chavez. And Ionescu did what she had to--in this case, score 27 pts.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
At least she hitting 3 pointers and is providing Vic with that needed spark off of the MSST bench. Could only wish things would have worked out at UCONN for AEH.
I think most of wish things would have worked out better. But expectations are very high at UCONN. Not everyone can or has the inclination to meet them. And that's ok, plenty of other places to ply one's trade. Seems like she is doing fine down south. Maybe the weather suits her?? :cool:

Reaction Score
I think most of wish things would have worked out better. But expectations are very high at UCONN. Not everyone can or has the inclination to meet them. And that's ok, plenty of other places to ply one's trade. Seems like she is doing fine down south. Maybe the weather suits her?? :cool:

Maybe "Weatherman Vic" suits her better?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yikes UCLA, could be a long season.

Dang, UW followed up their big win by falling flat on their face against Fordham. Turned it over 21 times, Fordham only 8. If you are counting on getting points in transition of TOs and you don't force any, but give it away to the other team constantly, not gonna work out so well.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Florida State knocked off #12 Iowa
Iowa was ice cold from 3. Florida State focused on limiting Gustafson and no one else from Iowa could hurt them.

Reaction Score
Iowa was ice cold from 3. Florida State focused on limiting Gustafson and no one else from Iowa could hurt them.

FSU desperately needed that win after getting beat by LSU (LSU held FSU scoreless the ENTIRE second quarter:eek:). Valencia Myers has been a revelation.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Kinda interesting that Texas, after losing Lashann Higgs (their best player) to a knee injury in the Quinnipiac game that they barely won, dominated Michigan today. Texas led by 25 at the half and won by 17. Michigan was coming off a dominant win of their own over #21 Missouri.

Audrey Warren, who replaced Higgs in the starting lineup, finished with a career-high 15 points.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Doesn't it seem like most USF kids spend a loooong time there? Not sure why but it does.

Well San Francisco is a great city from what I have heard, perhaps they like it there and want to spend as much time as possible soaking up the Bay area :cool:

Reaction Score
DePaul shot 47 threes tonight. They made 11... but wow. If they get a little hot behind the arc then UCONN will have their hands full. Should be an interesting game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
South Carolina is struggling mightily with Drake, down by 3 late in 3Q.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom