Other games 11/24 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Other games 11/24

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oregon 79-55 over St. Mary's at the St. Mary's Thanksgiving Classic. Graves cannot be happy about this one, since, of the starters, only Ionescu, for whom this was a homecoming game, seemed ready to play for much of the game, although Sabally did end up with a nice line: 13 pts., 8 rebounds, and 6 steals.. Hebard, particularly, looked lethargic and out of sorts.
Does Sabrina get a homecoming game as a junior because she may go to the pros next year?

Reaction Score
Does Sabrina get a homecoming game as a junior because she may go to the pros next year?
No. Just Graves trying to be a good players coach. He also scheduled a homecoming game in Alaska, Hebard’s home state, earlier in the year.

Reaction Score
South Carolina lost 3 games in the past week and you'd still have to say it was a great week for the program.

Maybe, but this is what makes Geno the greatest of all time, when was the last time UCONN lost three games in one week?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just got home.....

South Carolina got beat by a Rapper? :eek:

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
If I were a MD fan I surely would keep away from following transfers
Lexi Brown leaving cost MD 2 final four trips
Destiny Slocum leaving messed up last year
Kiara Leslie shot and tormented MD from reaching the Sweet 16 with 21 points 11 reb and holding Charles to 4 total points which was 14 below her season avg.
Gillespie will shine at Fl St
Yes for sanity reasons I would not follow how transfers are doing. Few have had more costly transfers than MD in recent years
I agree with you. Maryland has had many transfers that went on to a solid career at other universities. But I don't mind watching these players once in awhile. The fans were attached to them while at Maryland and in many cases it wasn't the player fault why they transferred.

Reaction Score
I agree with you. Maryland has had many transfers that went on to a solid career at other universities. But I don't mind watching these players once in awhile. The fans were attached to them while at Maryland and in many cases it wasn't the player fault why they transferred.

It wasn’t the school’s fault either. Brown wanted to play in the ACC, and Slocum wanted to be closer to home.

Reaction Score
I expect Drake to crack the polls. They were receiving votes and played ND decent and beat South Carolina. Their third P5 win along with victories over Rutgers and Nebraska.

It’s going to be close. Iowa St deserves the first spot open, and if Northwestern wins today against Tennessee-Martin, they have a claim at a spot too.

Reaction Score
“Wasn’t a fit” is pretty vague. Could cover a number of reasons.
Well she was willing to go to Baylor and I believe looked at Arkansas after transferring. I don’t think it was homesickness.

Reaction Score
Well she was willing to go to Baylor and I believe looked at Arkansas after transferring. I don’t think it was homesickness.

Moms know their kids better than anybody, agree?

“She is super homesick,” Christina Slocum told the Idaho Statesman on March 21.

A lot of kids don’t like to admit they are homesick. They fear it might be viewed as a weakness or “being a baby”. That might explain all the vaguery around why she left Maryland. I don’t know what it is. I had all this individual and team success at Maryland, but it just wasn’t a fit.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I keep hearing these comments about Ferreira and Laksa.

Ferreira is a fifth-year senior after missing most of last year with injury. She was a freshman the same year as Kia and Gabby.

Laksa is a traditional senior, in the same class as Lou and Napheesa. I'm hoping she'll seek a medical hardship waiver to play next year, but who knows.
At UCONN maybe?

Reaction Score
At UCONN maybe?
I was thinking that! Perhaps she would want to spend her final season competing for a championship. I personally wouldn’t be shocked to see her just go pro, mainly because she is European. Would be very easy for her. If not, I would guess her final season would be spent at USF.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Yes, granted not against the elite of the NCAA Woman's Basketball universe, but that's MSST's 4th - 100+ game in a row, a new school record. With their inside game and now apparently with an outside game to compliment it, MSST is going to be tough this season, again.
Congratulations, you've copied your OOC games after Baylor, look what that's gotten them....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I expect Drake to crack the polls. They were receiving votes and played ND decent and beat South Carolina. Their third P5 win along with victories over Rutgers and Nebraska.
You really want to call Rutgers and Nebraska P5 programs? That's pretty low bar-Nebraska is in complete rebuild mode and Rutgers has been limping along to get CVS her 1,000 win and with that having happened, I hope she retires at the end of the year. Now that all said, I do hope Drake gets ranked.

Reaction Score
Kinda interesting that Texas, after losing Lashann Higgs (their best player) to a knee injury in the Quinnipiac game that they barely won, dominated Michigan today. Texas led by 25 at the half and won by 17. Michigan was coming off a dominant win of their own over #21 Missouri.

Audrey Warren, who replaced Higgs in the starting lineup, finished with a career-high 15 points.
Have seen two Texas games this year and they seem to have better guards (i.e. in ability to run an offense and play defense) than in past. Too early to say this will continue but they looked good.

Reaction Score
I question what the purpose of this post could be. First, I would suggest that if AEH was still here she would not be averging 13 points a game off the bench. Second, I believe all UConn fans would like to see her still here. Unfortunately, she is not because of something that happened that Geno would not tolerate. From what I have read he gave her chances to correct the problem and she did not do so. So why is Geno the bad guy. And third, to speculate that that affected the decisions of the players Geno was recruiting is silly especially given that the one recruit he got was from her high school.

One last point - it really bothers me when people suggest that Ossinging recruits have been unsuccessful. Chong showed promise as a freshman but had numerous injuries that inhibited her growth as a player and value to the team. As a senior she was a valued started who was drafted and made a WNBA roster. I would not consider that a failed UConn career. Besides a sample of two previous players is hardly a valid sample to draw conclusions.
Would welcome an automatic "AEH Delete Function." Not sure I would suggest taking up Board space rehashing this any more.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You really want to call Rutgers and Nebraska P5 programs? That's pretty low bar-Nebraska is in complete rebuild mode and Rutgers has been limping along to get CVS her 1,000 win and with that having happened, I hope she retires at the end of the year. Now that all said, I do hope Drake gets ranked.
Rutgers and Nebraska are P5 teams; that's a factual statement of their conference affiliation. Nebraska was an NCAA tournament team last year; we can't really say they're in "complete rebuild mode" anymore. Beating Nebraska in Lincoln has to be considered an important win.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Would welcome an automatic "AEH Delete Function." Not sure I would suggest taking up Board space rehashing this any more.

The Boneyard has become more of a Woman's College Basketball Forum, now, and not exclusively just UCONN, to which this new diversity, has driven more and more people to this site. This alone, with such "respectful" spirited debates, makes this site that much better. Sensoring this site only to Pro-UCONN posts would simply not be right.

Last edited:

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
The Boneyard has become more of a Woman's College Basketball Forum, now, and not exclusively just UCONN, to which this new diversity, has driven more and more people to this site. This alone, with such "respectful" spirited debates, makes this site that much better. Sensoring this site only to Pro-UCONN posts would simply not be right.

A number of fans "from away" are quite welcome . . . when they show some decent manners. Your earlier post here was provocative, and I think you know it. A simple report that "AEH has 11 points at the half to lead MSST in scoring." would have been informational, but you somehow thought you needed to add a snotty finish: "I guess allot of people on this board don't like hearing that kind of news." You can't really complain, then, or ask for a "respectfull" response, can you?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom