Other games 11/24 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Other games 11/24

Reaction Score
T’ea Cooper have yourself a weekend. She has 26 of their 55 and it isn’t over. Would a loss to Drake bump SC out of the top-25?

Ty Harris has been struggling. I thought she was good at times last season. Maybe Cooper is taking away from her?

Call me crazy but SC’s guard depth my become problematic. They have Perry, Jackson, Cuevas-Moore, Cooper, and Harris all with starting experience at the guard. They have also each been go to players at time. Now some of them are just bench depth. Not to mention Henderson.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Drake is up by 4 at the media timeout in 4Q. They are just executing well and handling SC's pressure. SC looks very rattled.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Drake ties the game with a layup with 20 seconds left. SC calls timeout to set up the last play.

And ... it's overtime in the final game in Vancouver.

Reaction Score
Man, I may be speaking too soon, but I think Drake might pull this off.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Man, I may be speaking too soon, but I think Drake might pull this off.
Not too soon at this point. Drake is up by 5 with 2.5 seconds to play.

Reaction Score
I think that most UCONN fans would take on average 13 points a game, so far this season, coming off the bench. (It's just sad that all of this might not have had to have to happen, if things might have been handled differently. "Maybe" this is why many of the Top 100 recruits are no longer choosing UCONN as their destination, albiet UCONN got a gem in Aubrey Griffin)

I question what the purpose of this post could be. First, I would suggest that if AEH was still here she would not be averging 13 points a game off the bench. Second, I believe all UConn fans would like to see her still here. Unfortunately, she is not because of something that happened that Geno would not tolerate. From what I have read he gave her chances to correct the problem and she did not do so. So why is Geno the bad guy. And third, to speculate that that affected the decisions of the players Geno was recruiting is silly especially given that the one recruit he got was from her high school.

One last point - it really bothers me when people suggest that Ossinging recruits have been unsuccessful. Chong showed promise as a freshman but had numerous injuries that inhibited her growth as a player and value to the team. As a senior she was a valued started who was drafted and made a WNBA roster. I would not consider that a failed UConn career. Besides a sample of two previous players is hardly a valid sample to draw conclusions.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Good for Drake, but dang it, don't want OSU's win over SC to get devalued. 3 losses already this year?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Good for Drake, but dang it, don't want OSU's win over SC to get devalued. 3 losses already this year?
Quit being such a homer for a moment and be happy for what a mid-major just accomplished.

Reaction Score
I question what the purpose of this post could be. First, I would suggest that if AEH was still here she would not be averging 13 points a game off the bench. Second, I believe all UConn fans would like to see her still here. Unfortunately, she is not because of something that happened that Geno would not tolerate. From what I have read he gave her chances to correct the problem and she did not do so. So why is Geno the bad guy. And third, to speculate that that affected the decisions of the players Geno was recruiting is silly especially given that the one recruit he got was from her high school.

One last point - it really bothers me when people suggest that Ossinging recruits have been unsuccessful. Chong showed promise as a freshman but had numerous injuries that inhibited her growth as a player and value to the team. As a senior she was a valued started who was drafted and made a WNBA roster. I would not consider that a failed UConn career. Besides a sample of two previous players is hardly a valid sample to draw conclusions.
Geno is not the bad guy. Choices were made and AEH is now playing at Miss St making WBB more fascinating this year. Good decision for both Geno and AEH. VERY GOOD for WCBB

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Cooper had an amazing game, a career-high 31 points before fouling out late in OT.

Drake was very impressive handling SC's defensive pressure for the most part. Becca Hittner is supposed to be their best player, but today's MVP was post player Sara Rhine, who scored 25 points off the bench. She simply killed SC on the inside.

Reaction Score
Cooper had an amazing game, a career-high 31 points before fouling out late in OT.

Drake was very impressive handling SC's defensive pressure for the most part. Becca Hittner is supposed to be their best player, but today's MVP was post player Sara Rhine, who scored 25 points off the bench. She simply killed SC on the inside.
Wish I saw this game. Thanks for info. Gooo Drakeees

Reaction Score
I’m predicting #19 for SC at the next poll.

Then when Baylor beats them on 12/2 they will jump back up into the top 10. Because anytime an SEC team loses to a higher ranked team they always climb up in the polls because it was a good loss.

Oh wait, maybe that's just in football.

Reaction Score
I expect Drake to crack the polls. They were receiving votes and played ND decent and beat South Carolina. Their third P5 win along with victories over Rutgers and Nebraska.

Reaction Score
I expect Drake to crack the polls. They were receiving votes and played ND decent and beat South Carolina
Travesty if they don’t. A sheer OUTRAGE!!!!!

Plebe

Reaction Score
I expect Drake to crack the polls. They were receiving votes and played ND decent and beat South Carolina
They will almost definitely be top 25. They were already 4th among teams receiving votes. And both Missouri and South Florida are almost certain to drop out, making even more room for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom