OT - worst song ever | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - worst song ever

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
No need for oxycodone when you have ABBA.

That was a good one! And if I am translating your custom title correctly, it's no wonder you have Hope! :rolleyes:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yeah that was bad. Really bad when you consider how good the rest of the album was.

It says something that more than 35 yrs later, I still remember how truly awful that song was when I first heard it while spinning the LP. The horror. And yes it is a great album otherwise!!

Reaction Score
It says something that more than 35 yrs later, I still remember how truly awful that song was when I first heard it while spinning the LP. The horror. And yes it is a great album otherwise!!

"Synchronicity" and " Ghost In The Machine" are my favorite Police albums.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I hate to do this to a Beatles song, but was listening to the white album today and I detest Revolution 9.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I hate to do this to a Beatles song, but was listening to the white album today and I detest Revolution 9.
I love the White Album, but #9 not so much!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This one was really popular for a while but I always thought it was cringy.

Can't back you on this on. UCONN used it when they were winning the NC in 2002. I remember Williams dancing to it.

Reaction Score

I'm with you on that. I'm still fascinated by the Beatles 50+ years later, but not by that song.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This thread has re-awakened so many repressed memories! :eek:

Since we are fast approaching Christmas, I find this song particularly horrible.

Yea, the video doesn't help any does it?

They made a Hallmark movie out of the song. Actually 3. The Christmas Shoes, The Christmas Blessing, The Christmas Hope.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Yea, the video doesn't help any does it?

They made a Hallmark movie out of the song. Actually 3. The Christmas Shoes, The Christmas Blessing, The Christmas Hope.
It is ironic that Hallmark once used a slogan , "When you care enough to send the very best...", and then makes the same movies again, and again, and again. My wife watches them all! Go figure. :confused:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Come on guys, we've done this already.

My Pal Foot Foot - The Shaggs

I do not know where you found this , but you should put it back! :eek::eek::eek:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I do not know where you found this , but you should put it back! :eek::eek::eek:
Someone posted it in a prior "worst of" thread. You can't forget this one.

Reaction Score
I often resist posting in 'best song' threads ... but sometimes a song just pops in the mind. This 'classic' was once number 1! Further evidence of how much times have changed ;)

Reaction Score
To All The Girls I Loved Before by Nelson and Iglesias. Seriously? Can you possibly be more arrogant, self-serving and sexist?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In my opinion the worst songs I have ever heard are Sugar Sugar by the Archies. totally inane song of nonsense. Chewy chewy by Ohio Express..another mindless concoction of stupidity and stupid lyrics. You Were On My Mind by We Five. totally stupid lyrics with little meaning. The bubble gum songs were a total joke.
For one, I'm glad you stopped short of "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy", that song is awesome. "The lovin' that you're giving is what keeps me livin' ", that's some good lyrics right there. And the historical importance of Sugar Sugar can't be ignored. Not only was it the top single of 1969, it inspired Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me".

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In my opinion the worst songs I have ever heard are Sugar Sugar by the Archies. totally inane song of nonsense. Chewy chewy by Ohio Express..another mindless concoction of stupidity and stupid lyrics. You Were On My Mind by We Five. totally stupid lyrics with little meaning. The bubble gum songs were a total joke.
For one, I'm glad you stopped short of "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy", that song is awesome. "The lovin' that you're giving is what keeps me livin' ", that's some good lyrics right there. And the historical importance of Sugar Sugar can't be ignored. Not only was it the top single of 1969, it inspired Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me".
Speaking of Sugar. (and I apologize) - Jennifer Nettles

Bama fan

Reaction Score
You need to seek the help of an otolaryngologist immediately. I am not a professional, but it appears that your tongue is stuck firmly in your cheek! ;)

Reaction Score
No need for oxycodone when you have ABBA.

THIS!!! I have said for years that when I die and go to hell I will hear Dancing Queen playing on a loop for eternity.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
THIS!!! I have said for years that when I die and go to hell I will hear Dancing Queen playing on a loop for eternity.
On which level of hell will that be featured? I will strive to somewhat better, or worse, in order to avoid your fate. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom