OT - worst song ever | The Boneyard

OT - worst song ever

Reaction Score
I went to CVS this evening and the background music the entire visit was this HORRIBLE song! Now I have a rotten ear worm - shame on you Diana, you disgraced your Supreme legacy.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That's the worst you can do? I won't post anything by them, but pick any song by 2 Live Crew. That's truly horrendous "music."

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well one good thing came outta that Diana Ross Upside down song ..... the sample was used in a pretty good dance song of the mid-late 90s

dancing.gif

Reaction Score
As someone who lived through the 70s and lived to tell the tale, the choices for worst song are endless. “Disco Duck,” “Afternoon Delight,”—the list goes on and on. La Ross simply does not measure up—or down. The worst song of that, or any, decade is “You’re Having My Baby” by Paul Anka. It has the special added bonus of being extremely sexist in addition to sounding like elevator/cruise ship/doctor’s office music. Just my $0.02. Thanks for letting me share.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I hated this the first time I heard it. Maybe the end of the song is good - I wouldn’t know because I’ve never been able to listen to the whole thing

I did the research for you. The end is much like the beginning, and the middle.:eek:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
This one is pretty bad. There are so many choices, but I will offer this one.

gipke1

LMULionFan
Reaction Score
There are some great choices in this thread for worst song ever. In particular Mac Arthur Park, (except the Donna Summer version is listenable). I actually downloaded this particular and play it in the car occasionally just to hear my wife complain "Honey...STOP!" While I sing it..."And I'll never have that recipe agaaaaiiinnnn....oh NOOOOO!!"

But in the genre of insipid, vapid songs, one IMHO reigns supreme: "I WILL SURVIVE" by Gloria Gaynor!

Reaction Score
As someone who lived through the 70s and lived to tell the tale, the choices for worst song are endless. “Disco Duck,” “Afternoon Delight,”—the list goes on and on. La Ross simply does not measure up—or down. The worst song of that, or any, decade is “You’re Having My Baby” by Paul Anka. It has the special added bonus of being extremely sexist in addition to sounding like elevator/cruise ship/doctor’s office music. Just my $0.02. Thanks for letting me share.

Sounds like a theme for a future "OT: Most sexist song" thread. Wonder what the all time record is for posts in one thread?

gipke1

LMULionFan
Reaction Score
One more addition.

My wife and I are avid KARAOKE junkies. We go at least 2-3 times a week. In karaoke circles, the song that if we NEVER hear it again, it still won't take away all the PAIN and suffering of being subjected over and over to the most popular karaoke song in the universe:

CALL TYRONE!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I was a kid when "Inside Out" came out (pardon the pun) and it was an immediate hit with me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom