OT - worst song ever | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - worst song ever

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
There are some great choices in this thread for worst song ever. In particular Mac Arthur Park, (except the Donna Summer version is listenable). I actually downloaded this particular and play it in the car occasionally just to hear my wife complain "Honey...STOP!" While I sing it..."And I'll never have that recipe agaaaaiiinnnn....oh NOOOOO!!"

But in the genre of insipid, vapid songs, one IMHO reigns supreme: "I WILL SURVIVE" by Gloria Gaynor!

So, are we saying, collectively, that insipid and vapid songs are bad? Just looking for some clarity in the established criteria. They are both such lovely words with decidedly unlovely connotations! ;) BTW, if I sang MacArthur Park to my wife in the car, she would take an Uber. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not too sure about this one so I did a little research. Here's what I picked from the trash heap. Richard Harris attempting to 'sing' 7 1/2 minutes of the most pretentious lyrics ever written.

Please. The Donna Summer version was worse in its self indulgence, but certainly not as pretentious.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone here remember "dead skunk in the middle of the road." IIRC one of my fellow mainahs' sang that one.:eek:
That's a great song! When I was a kid it prompted me to ask my mom what my old factory was. She told me it was olfactory and that I should look it up.

Reaction Score
Anyone here remember "dead skunk in the middle of the road." IIRC one of my fellow mainahs' sang that one.:eek:

Oh yeah, Loudon Wainright the 3rd IIRC. Haven't heard that one in years, I'll have to look it up on YT. I'd have to say in my book its quite a bit better than a bunch of others though - "Sugar, Sugar" and "Who Built This City" etc off the top of my head. :D

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Two really terrible offerings, especially if we are using the "insipid vapid, is bad" rule. But how about one from a bit earlier?

But I thought it was important for Laura to really know how I felt about her! :(

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
By the way I don't know about you guys, but Tony Bennett's "Live At Carnegie Hall" and Nat Cole's, "Live At The Sands" are on my heavy rotation right now. I suggest you put them on yours.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I ain't lickin' no ones boomboom down.
I remember some years ago a local CT radio station was trying to raise money for a good cause. What they did was play the worst songs of the day, over and over and over again until they reached a donation level and only then would they change the song. Informer was one of those songs ha. Must have played it 10 times in a row

Bama fan

Reaction Score
That's a great song! When I was a kid it prompted me to ask my mom what my old factory was. She told me it was olfactory and that I should look it up.
Funny how kids interpet words with which they are not familiar! Mant years ago, my wife told our oldest daughter to behave. She replied in all sincerity, "But Momma,I am being have" Still makes me chuckle! ;)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
When I was very young ,a local radio station was going dark due to market consolidation. The staff were not happy, and on the final day of broadcasting they played Alan Sherman's song Harvey and Sheila , a parody version of Hava Negila. And also Guy Marks Loving You Has Made Me Bananas with Your Red Scarf Matches Your Eyes. All Day. Nonstop. ALL DAY! Painfully funny! Excruciating ecstasy! :D:eek::rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom