OT - worst song ever | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT - worst song ever

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
this must have soared up the charts!!

"Like a lobotomized Trapp Family Singers, the Shaggs warble earnest greeting-card lyrics (...) in happy, hapless quasi-unison along ostensible lines of melody while strumming their tinny guitars like someone worrying a zipper. The drummer pounds gamely to the call of a different muse, as if she had to guess which song they were playing - and missed every time."

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
"Like a lobotomized Trapp Family Singers, the Shaggs warble earnest greeting-card lyrics (...) in happy, hapless quasi-unison along ostensible lines of melody while strumming their tinny guitars like someone worrying a zipper. The drummer pounds gamely to the call of a different muse, as if she had to guess which song they were playing - and missed every time."
Great quote Shoes. Attribution?

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not too sure about this one so I did a little research. Here's what I picked from the trash heap. Richard Harris attempting to 'sing' 7 1/2 minutes of the most pretentious lyrics ever written.

MacArthur Park is in Little Rock, Named after D.Mac's father.

Reaction Score
Maybe not the worst song ever but close:

Putty Putty cement mixer. (hows that for a title and it gets worse)

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
First, let me say I find your handle fascinating. Second, it is my belief that "credible" musicians like the Shaggs because they make all other musicians more "credible". :D;)
Maybe so.

The handle is just to answer the few you find on every forum who think the South is nothing but inbreds. Even inbreds wear shoes (when it's cold for example).

Reaction Score
Maybe so.

The handle is just to answer the few you find on every forum who think the South is nothing but inbreds. Even inbreds wear shoes (when it's cold for example).
Hear hear!! There may still be a few and far between on the BY that have those beliefs. So you must give them for not having ventured to your neighborhoods and met the REAL people. For the most part these are nice people, so says this displaced, now South loving, Ct. Yankee.

Reaction Score
I think the park in the song is in Los Angeles area of Westlake. And it is named after "D.Mac" himself. :)
HOLY smoley--there is more than ONE MacArthur Park? I can give you a minimum of 10 reasons I have no lost love for D Mac--his dad yes.

Reaction Score
I went to CVS this evening and the background music the entire visit was this HORRIBLE song! Now I have a rotten ear worm - shame on you Diana, you disgraced your Supreme legacy.

Is there a possibility this could be the worst thread ever? Music is like food many a different taste but to call a song the worst ever with absolutely no idea of how many around the world think different is really showing a lack of musical knowledge. No attack but this is silly....
This song is #80 on Billboards all time chart.
Upside Down (Diana Ross song) - Wikipedia

But in the genre of insipid, vapid songs, one IMHO reigns supreme: "I WILL SURVIVE" by Gloria Gaynor!
Not sure or understand what would be considered insipid or vapid with this song but then again I'm getting old. This was another great disco / r&b dance tune loved by many.
I Will Survive - Wikipedia
It's obvious some folks here never hit the dance floor in the nights when they lit up and flashed to the beat of the music.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Normally I wouldn't count something like this, but Kelly Marie was actually pretty big in Europe and this was #1 in the UK. This spectacularly bad video has to count for something.

Reaction Score
And who could forget that Captain and Tennille almost caused an international incident when they sang this song in front of the Queen of England.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Is there a possibility this could be the worst thread ever? Music is like food many a different taste but to call a song the worst ever with absolutely no idea of how many around the world think different is really showing a lack of musical knowledge. No attack but this is silly....
This song is #80 on Billboards all time chart.
Upside Down (Diana Ross song) - Wikipedia

But in the genre of insipid, vapid songs, one IMHO reigns supreme: "I WILL SURVIVE" by Gloria Gaynor!
Not sure or understand what would be considered insipid or vapid with this song but then again I'm getting old. This was another great disco / r&b dance tune loved by many.
I Will Survive - Wikipedia
It's obvious some folks here never hit the dance floor in the nights when they lit up and flashed to the beat of the music.
I will not argue with your assertions here. But the possibility that this is the worst thread ever is infinitesimally small. There have been so many terrible ,awful, really bad threads before this. I say this pales in comparison. And I guess I will argue after all. The point of the thread was for Boneheads to choose those songs that they found objectionable. It matters not to an Upside Down disparager that other people like it. Or to those who wish I Will Survive simply didn't. Pointing out that a song is number such and such on the all time Billboard chart merely shows to the OP that far too many listeners are not as discerning as he is. ;) Musical knowledge is not a prerequisite to liking or disliking a song. To close, this whole thread is a bit of a joke, meant to distract on a day without Huskies WBB. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I will not argue with your assertions here. But the possibility that this is the worst thread ever is infinitesimally small. There have been so many terrible ,awful, really bad threads before this. I say this pales in comparison. And I guess I will argue after all. The point of the thread was for Boneheads to choose those songs that they found objectionable. It matters not to an Upside Down disparager that other people like it. Or to those who wish I Will Survive simply didn't. Pointing out that a song is number such and such on the all time Billboard chart merely shows to the OP that far too many listeners are not as discerning as he is. ;) Musical knowledge is not a prerequisite to liking or disliking a song. To close, this whole thread is a bit of a joke, meant to distract on a day without Huskies WBB. :rolleyes:

OK, hindsight is easy, have to agree with a couple of your points here. First I am caught thinking much too literal for this forum. :confused: My bad. Second I should have not called out any of the contributors but rather pointed out to the OP the title of the thread should have been along the lines of Songs You Never Want To Hear.
As a life long fan of music / hobbyist musician I jumped the gun on those that may not realize the quality of the writing, production and performance of a genre they do not care for. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom