OT - worst song ever | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT - worst song ever

Reaction Score
On which level of hell will that be featured? I will strive to somewhat better, or worse, in order to avoid your fate. ;)
I subscribe to a Neil Gaiman/ Lucifer (tv show) idea of hell where we each make our own. I just wish mine wasn't so painful :)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I subscribe to a Neil Gaiman/ Lucifer (tv show) idea of hell where we each make our own. I just wish mine wasn't so painful :)
Sorry, I was thinking of the more traditional view espoused by Dante in the Inferno. Yours is probably better. After all , Dante never made the telly! ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Come on guys, we've done this already.

My Pal Foot Foot - The Shaggs

I take full responsibility for this posting. I did dare everyone to beat "Feelings". This is a true and worthy (less) contender.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I heard this on Sirius today. I must have blocked it from my memory. Boy, it’s bad. I’m not even sure it can be called a song

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I take full responsibility for this posting. I did dare everyone to beat "Feelings". This is a true and worth contender.
I do not know the rules, but I think you just beat yourself. Not in a mean way, but you did! It is a dubious distinction Jordy, but it is a distinction. Meyers has managed to expose you for the true cad you are. I will never get that Shaggs thing out of my head! Head bang

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I do not know the rules, but I think you just beat yourself. Not in a mean way, but you did! It is a dubious distinction Jordy, but it is a distinction. Meyers has managed to expose you for the true cad you are. I will never get that Shaggs thing out of my head! Head bang
1544471145253.png

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Jim Croce "It Doesn't Have to Be That Way"/ Fingernails on a blackoard!!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Wait, wait!!! I had forgotten about this Red Sovine basket of banality!!!

Reaction Score
I do not know where you found this , but you should put it back! :eek::eek::eek:

Personally, I prefer their magnum opus "The History of the World." (And no, I'm not kidding about the title!) Frank Zappa thought The Shaggs were one of the greatest groups ever. Wonder what he was smoking at the time?

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Personally, I prefer their magnum opus "The History of the World." (And no, I'm not kidding about the title!) Frank Zappa thought The Shaggs were one of the greatest groups ever. Wonder what he was smoking at the time?
I read today that there is a movie being made about the Shaggs. It is like a nightmare.. An ineluctable curse cast upon us by Jordy G. Just when I was beginning to trust strangers again! I am scarred forever. Luckily, I am getting old so forever isn't that long! ;):eek::eek:Head bang

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I take full responsibility for this posting. I did dare everyone to beat "Feelings". This is a true and worth contender.

I take responsibility for it as the one who posted it some time ago. :( And I stand by it.

And chalk me up as a fan of Richard Harris and MacArthur Park. The whole album (A Tramp Shining) is fantastic, and I believe Jimmy Webb wrote the whole thing, except possibly the orchestral interludes.

Edit: This interview was linked on YT when I watched the Shaggs song. It's absolutely fascinating. They actually practiced.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For one, I'm glad you stopped short of "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy", that song is awesome. "The lovin' that you're giving is what keeps me livin' ", that's some good lyrics right there. And the historical importance of Sugar Sugar can't be ignored. Not only was it the top single of 1969, it inspired Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me".
Go with Wilson Pickett's version. Minus the bubblegum it has a great groove.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
At least the guitars were well tuned

Yeah, but not to the same notes. And they were playing in the same time signature, but not the same cadence. Or maybe vice-versa.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I read today that there is a movie being made about the Shaggs. It is like a nightmare.. An ineluctable curse cast upon us by Jordy G. Just when I was beginning to trust strangers again! I am scarred forever. Luckily, I am getting old so forever isn't that long! ;):eek::eek:Head bang

Their story is actually pretty interesting. And the movie couldn't possibly be worse than the one about the Runaways.

Reaction Score
Their story is actually pretty interesting. And the movie couldn't possibly be worse than the one about the Runaways.
I LOVE the Runaways. Cherie Currie is one of the nicest people I ever met. The film did not do them justice but I thought the cast did a nice job.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
As someone who lived through the 70s and lived to tell the tale, the choices for worst song are endless. “Disco Duck,” “Afternoon Delight,”—the list goes on and on. La Ross simply does not measure up—or down. The worst song of that, or any, decade is “You’re Having My Baby” by Paul Anka. It has the special added bonus of being extremely sexist in addition to sounding like elevator/cruise ship/doctor’s office music. Just my $0.02. Thanks for letting me share.
Nailed it with that Anka disaster. How the hell did that ever get airplay much less become a hit??

Me and Mrs. Jones was a 70's horror show as well.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
This one was really popular for a while but I always thought it was cringy.

Sorry, but as a fan of a team with a Bulldog for a mascot I am contractually bound to tolerate this "song"...

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
As an apology for Falco and in recognition of their recent election to the Rock & Roll HOF, one of the best songs of the 80's...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sorry, but as a fan of a team with a Bulldog for a mascot I am contractually bound to tolerate this "song"...

Ha! The UW Huskies are my home team and I also follow the Gonzaga Bulldogs...but that's still not enough for me to tolerate this song. And my sister in law is an MSU alum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom