OT- World Series | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT- World Series

Reaction Score
That'd probably be Gurriel

Well him too but Joc celebrates every HR like it's the 7th game walk off - he'd definitely get one on the side if it wasn't so important every pitch tonight. Damn even Puig the other night when he hit the 2run HR in the 9th just ran around the bases fast and high fived without gyrating, dancing, pointing to everyone and chest bumping people even before he hit home - guys an idiot. All 3 of his don't even total 1,000 feet for crying out loud damn fly balls with juiced later.

Reaction Score
Well him too but Joc celebrates every HR like it's the 7th game walk off - he'd definitely get one on the side if it wasn't so important every pitch tonight. Damn even Puig the other night when he hit the 2run HR in the 9th just ran around the bases fast and high fived without gyrating, dancing, pointing to everyone and chest bumping people even before he hit home - guys an idiot. All 3 of his don't even total 1,000 feet for crying out loud damn fly balls with juiced later.

I find it all off-putting myself, but this is what sports has turned into. Object loudly, and you're labeled as someone who has a problem with athletes having fun, an old curmudgeon. Second inning home runs are celebrated en masse like winning the Stanley Cup is celebrated. Problem is, it is all one big fraternity....no one objects, because they are all doing it. Got to be good sheep, and follow the flock. Busy adding style over substance, the modern "pro"....the ESPN effect of the last 30 odd years, I suppose. All of the games, and sportsmanship, have changed, unfortunately.

The scripted apology from the Houston guy after mocking the Dodger pitcher, another of the modern sports themes. "If I offended anybody, I didn't mean to, I am sorry" (that I got caught). Suspend him next year cause it wouldn't be fair to his teammates to take him away now, how hard they all worked to get to this point. Maybe if they take him away now, wishful thinking here, these guys would get the message that no time for the baloney is tolerated, and they'd start policing themselves. Better chance of the fox guarding the hen house, in all likelihood. It is what it is. Tuning out seems to be the only self satisfactory option.

If only the mute button would help silence the behavior....that is my get rich quick idea, although most of the folks who'd be interested in this invention, are old and have little money, so I'd probably lose my laundry trying to market that idea to the younger masses

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I find it all off-putting myself, but this is what sports has turned into. Object loudly, and you're labeled as someone who has a problem with athletes having fun, an old curmudgeon. Second inning home runs are celebrated en masse like winning the Stanley Cup is celebrated. Problem is, it is all one big fraternity....no one objects, because they are all doing it. Got to be good sheep, and follow the flock. Busy adding style over substance, the modern "pro"....the ESPN effect of the last 30 odd years, I suppose. All of the games, and sportsmanship, have changed, unfortunately.

The scripted apology from the Houston guy after mocking the Dodger pitcher, another of the modern sports themes. "If I offended anybody, I didn't mean to, I am sorry" (that I got caught). Suspend him next year cause it wouldn't be fair to his teammates to take him away now, how hard they all worked to get to this point. Maybe if they take him away now, wishful thinking here, these guys would get the message that no time for the baloney is tolerated, and they'd start policing themselves. Better chance of the fox guarding the hen house, in all likelihood. It is what it is. Tuning out seems to be the only self satisfactory option.

If only the mute button would help silence the behavior....that is my get rich quick idea, although most of the folks who'd be interested in this invention, are old and have little money, so I'd probably lose my laundry trying to market that idea to the younger masses

On Gurriel, that was just good PR by the Commissioner's office.

There was no way Gurriel would miss any games with an appeal. So giving him an extreme penalty, but delaying it until next year (which would've happened no matter what) gives Manfred some kind of public win.

Reaction Score
On Gurriel, that was just good PR by the Commissioner's office.

There was no way Gurriel would miss any games with an appeal. So giving him an extreme penalty, but delaying it until next year (which would've happened no matter what) gives Manfred some kind of public win.

Therein lies the problem, as I see it...the player's union fighting for one guys "rights" while posturing at the expense of another union player for the sake of competitive "balance" in the moment. It doesn't change the culture, all that it does is make the Commissioner's Office look somewhat useful, albeit month's down the road.

Extreme penalty? I smirk at that. While a charity will benefit from the forfeited player's pay, ultimately, the modern athlete pay scale equates this to subtracting a Benjamin Franklin from a Woodrow Wilson, about as effective as swatting a fly from an elephants arse, in my piddling opinion.

Instead of making poor behavior more disastrous in real time, all this does is deflect responsibility to a less costly time

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Therein lies the problem, as I see it...the player's union fighting for one guys "rights" while posturing at the expense of another union player for the sake of competitive "balance" in the moment. It doesn't change the culture, all that it does is make the Commissioner's Office look somewhat useful, albeit month's down the road.

Extreme penalty? I smirk at that. While a charity will benefit from the forfeited player's pay, ultimately, the modern athlete pay scale equates this to subtracting a Benjamin Franklin from a Woodrow Wilson, about as effective as swatting a fly from an elephants arse, in my piddling opinion.

Instead of making poor behavior more disastrous in real time, all this does is deflect responsibility to a less costly time

You can't have no appeals process. That opens up a whole new set of issues. And if Manfred tried to issue this and not allow an appeal, it would be an even bigger hassle.

And this was more than double other similar offenses.

And yet a guy does a dirty play and breaks someone's leg and gets nothing.

they did what they had to do and moved on. There was no way around this that makes Gurriel miss time in the WS.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Well him too but Joc celebrates every HR like it's the 7th game walk off...

Uhhh...its the World Series. Every jack we see is being celebrated like a game-ender.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
...The scripted apology from the Houston guy after mocking the Dodger pitcher, another of the modern sports themes. "If I offended anybody, I didn't mean to, I am sorry" (that I got caught). Suspend him next year cause it wouldn't be fair to his teammates to take him away now, how hard they all worked to get to this point. Maybe if they take him away now, wishful thinking here, these guys would get the message that no time for the baloney is tolerated, and they'd start policing themselves...

If MLB had a message sent to all teams prior to the playoffs then yeah, Gurriel should be suspended ASAP. But if there wasn't a message to be respectful then I can see the MLB's take on not punishing the team.

At least the world now sees Gurriel as a di*k.

Reaction Score
Uhhh...its the World Series. Every jack we see is being celebrated like a game-ender.

Only Joc's jack are over the top, well a few others are a bit too but Joc is a d**k the second he leaves the box, sorry it's really ridiculous.

To me Gurriel's move was bad, but rates as more tolerable than Jocster running around the bases.

Reaction Score
Celebrating a home run in the world series is worse than making slant eyes at an Asian?

He's not celebrating he's acting like an idiot. There is celebrating and there is unacceptable on a home run, his is the latter.

Well, no then - Gurriel should have been suspended during the series not next year it was bad.

Reaction Score
He's not celebrating he's acting like an idiot. There is celebrating and there is unacceptable on a home run, his is the latter.

Well, no then - Gurriel should have been suspended during the series not next year it was bad.

It seems like most of these dudes are celebrating home runs in a way that would get them plunked during the regular season. It's been a wild duck series. That game the other night was like one extended BP session.

Reaction Score
It seems like most of these dudes are celebrating home runs in a way that would get them plunked during the regular season. It's been a wild series. That game the other night was like one extended BP session.

Agree all over the top and plunk worthy. His head hunting LOL...you just can't chest bump your 3rd base coach then run from 3rd to home sideways pretending to shoot a 6 shooter. I mean it was a 365' fly ball not like he killed one either.

Imagine Puig being the most normal?

Reaction Score
Astros on top again, will need 6-7 innings out of Mccullers at least Keuchel available in the pen, possibly Morton or even Verlander for an inning, I wouldn't even look at anyone in the pen for the Astros.

Reaction Score
Barring a Dodger comeback I don't see any way Springer doesn't win the WS MVP.

Reaction Score
DNlwcxPXcAApITL.jpg

Reaction Score
Dont understand why you would pull Mccullers now.

Reaction Score
Dont understand why you would pull Mccullers now.
Kind of a tough decision but McCullers was all over the place and incredibly lucky to have not given up runs.

Reaction Score
Kind of a tough decision but McCullers was all over the place and incredibly lucky to have not given up runs.

Well it worked it stalled the Dodgers momentum that inning, the longer you keep the Dodgers off the board the more pressure you put on them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom