OT- World Series | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT- World Series

Reaction Score
You're all over the place in this thread. Altuve is going to be the MVP and is making big plays in the World Series and you're arguing about Joey Votto.

No, you said Altuve is the best player in baseball. Trout is better, Harper is better, Votto was better this year, his teammate Carlos Correa is better, Machado is better.

He might win the MVP if Judge doesn't. But he isn't the best player is baseball, not by a longshot.

Reaction Score
No, you said Altuve is the best player in baseball. Trout is better, Harper is better, Votto was better this year, his teammate Carlos Correa is better, Machado is better.

He might win the MVP if Judge doesn't. But he isn't the best player is baseball, not by a longshot.
Trout is probably better overall yes, Altuve had a better season though. But, how are Harper, Votto, and Correa better? Machado isnt even in the conversation by the way

Reaction Score
Wow Astros got the Mike Dantoni offense 7 seconds or less.

Reaction Score
Trout is probably better overall yes, Altuve had a better season though.

Trout is the best player in baseball in 50 years and you say he is "probably better overall". Trout is Mickey Mantle without the injuries. Even comparing them is an insult.

Reaction Score
Trout is the best player in baseball in 50 years and you say he is "probably better overall". Trout is Mickey Mantle without the injuries. Even comparing them is an insult.
You didn't answer my question.

Reaction Score
Come on man, Trout is the best player in baseball - just look at baseball reference. Trout has been consistently great from the very beginning, Altuve has had a couple of real good years, but that's not what he's done for his career.

Trout is a generational talent.

Reaction Score
Shame on MLB for changing the balls for the World Series. Just saw some stats on sliders. Couple of the pitchers (Darvish is one) had their slider completely neutered by the slick balls they're using, resulting in statistically, abnormally ineffective pitching for them. If it's a gimmick to increase runs, big shame.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Shame on MLB for changing the balls for the World Series. Just saw some stats on sliders. Couple of the pitchers (Darvish is one) had their slider completely neutered by the slick balls they're using, resulting in statistically, abnormally ineffective pitching for them. If it's a gimmick to increase runs, big shame.

They're both using the same ball. Too bad for Darvish. Ken Giles says, "Hold my beer."

Anyway, all the more reason for Morton to start game 7 if it comes to that. He doesn't throw one, although he did suggest the slicker ball might cause him to kill someone when he tries to run his 2-seamer inside to right hand hitters.

Reaction Score

Altuve is the guy you want up in any spot and every spot....

He has shown the world that there is a new sheriff in Baseball, kid is incredible....

Give me Altuve for the next 5 years over those guys and I will be just fine, not sure what your watching....

Reaction Score
Altuve is the guy you want up in any spot and every spot....

He has shown the world that there is a new sheriff in Baseball, kid is incredible....

Give me Altuve for the next 5 years over those guys and I will be just fine, not sure what your watching....
Altuve had a great year and he will win and deserves the MVP. Trout is the best player in baseball.

Reaction Score
Altuve had a great year and he will win and deserves the MVP. Trout is the best player in baseball.

Judge had more HR, RBI, Runs, higher OBP and a monster September. Altuve is a great player and had a great year but with those stats Judge is MVP in my book.

Reaction Score
They're both using the same ball.
Yeah but, they didn't both base their rosters, season, and strategy on the same set of player talents. It's just fundamentally wrong to change the game in the post season after teams have gotten to where they are based on the regular season. Seems like a cheap trick meant to drum up interest.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yeah but, they didn't both base their rosters, season, and strategy on the same set of player talents. It's just fundamentally wrong to change the game in the post season after teams have gotten to where they are based on the regular season. Seems like a cheap trick meant to drum up interest.

Again, Ken Giles. Slider is all he's got. So if LAD loses a starter, HOU loses their closer. Verlander said both HRs hit off him were sliders. He manages to work around that.

This is a very entertaining WS, btw. So if that's what MLB was trying to do, it's working for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom