OT- World Series | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT- World Series

Reaction Score
Altuve had a great year and he will win and deserves the MVP. Trout is the best player in baseball.
He probably won’t win the regular season MVP, but more importantly he’s on pace to win the World Series MVP.

Altuve has batted an incredible .472 @ Home in the playoffs with 6 HR’s this playoff.

With what he did last night and as well as hitting HR’s in both game 6 & 7 verse the Yankees this kid has ice in his veins.

Over the last 4 years his batting average has only been .334 while averaging 39 steals a year, not to mention the kid plays gold glove second baseman.

Like I said before, you take who you want I will take Altuve and see you at the Series and we will see where the chips will fall, oh yea they already have 7 HR’s this postseason in 16 games & 1 win a way from bringing the first World Series title to the city of Houston.

Reaction Score
Votto is easily one of the best hitters/players in baseball over the last ten years and a borderline HOF'er
Why is Joey Votto being brought up in this thread, that’s embarrassing & I apologize for bringing light to the matter.

Reaction Score
Why is Joey Votto being brought up in this thread, that’s embarrassing & I apologize for bringing light to the matter.

Reread the entire thread you're embarrassing yourself with your nonsensical posts

Reaction Score
While you guys argue I'm seeing this turn into one hell of a world series. Being a Yankees fan playoffs were also very interesting. We almost got there.

Reaction Score
Yea Altuve didn’t do much that series verse the Yankees, only hit a homer in both Game 6 & 7.

What are you Altuve's agent? He played well but Verlander was the difference in the series.

Reaction Score
What are you Altuve's agent? He played well but Verlander was the difference in the series.
What are you, president of the "We hate Altuve" Club? He didn't even praise Altuve in his post lmao.

Reaction Score
What are you, president of the "We hate Altuve" Club? He didn't even praise Altuve in his post lmao.

Actually he did praise him (he was being sarcastic by saying he ONLY hit HR's in Games 6 & 7) and so did I saying he played well in the series but Verlander was the difference. He's also doing the same thing you're doing - butting into other posters conversations. Either you have a serious reading comprehension issue or you're just trying to cause problems.

Reaction Score
Don’t have to be nasty about it....

In reality if we had a poll with every GM of baseball and ask them the following two questions, I truly believe 100 percent of them would take Altuve over Votto....

- Who would you choose to start your franchise with moving forward, Votto or Altuve?

- In the biggest at bat who would you choose to be at the plate, Votto or Altuve?

Again, not even sure why I am writing about Votto, probably 95 percent of people on this board would choose Altuve too.

Reaction Score
Don’t have to be nasty about it....

In reality if we had a poll with every GM of baseball and ask them the following two questions, I truly believe 100 percent of them would take Altuve over Votto....

- Who would you choose to start your franchise with moving forward, Votto or Altuve?

- In the biggest at bat who would you choose to be at the plate, Votto or Altuve?

Again, not even sure why I am writing about Votto, probably 95 percent of people on this board would choose Altuve too.

100% should because he is like 8 years younger than Votto. But I was talking about his year this year, not who I would build a franchise around going forward. Which would be Trout because he is much better and younger than Altuve.

Reaction Score
Come on man, Trout is the best player in baseball - just look at baseball reference. Trout has been consistently great from the very beginning, Altuve has had a couple of real good years, but that's not what he's done for his career.

Trout is a generational talent.

Yes Trout is an amazing player but Altuve was the best player this year and it's more than a couple of real good years from him. He's had over 200 hits in 4 straight years and a .335 average over that span. Somehow people still don't seem to recognize how good he's been.

As Zyron points out Joey Votto is way older than Altuve (I think around 7 years older) and Altuve has only around 300 less career hits than him.

Reaction Score
As Zyron points out Joey Votto is way older than Altuve (I think around 7 years older) and Altuve has only around 300 less career hits than him.

And 730 less walks, which is very important.

Reaction Score
Why people cite batting average when talking about who the best hitter is, is truly mind boggling. OBS and slugging tell so much more.
Watching games tells you more than anything.

Reaction Score
Verlander is cruising by no surprise a run here is huge 2 runs would be enormous.

Reaction Score
Verlander is still on fire. Leave him in as long as they have the lead.

Reaction Score
Verlander is still on fire. Leave him in as long as they have the lead.

Pulling him isn't even an option giving him a 2 run lead would be big.

Reaction Score
He probably won’t win the regular season MVP, but more importantly he’s on pace to win the World Series MVP.
Altuve has batted an incredible .472 @ Home in the playoffs with 6 HR’s this playoff.

With what he did last night and as well as hitting HR’s in both game 6 & 7 verse the Yankees this kid has ice in his veins.

Over the last 4 years his batting average has only been .334 while averaging 39 steals a year, not to mention the kid plays gold glove second baseman.

Like I said before, you take who you want I will take Altuve and see you at the Series and we will see where the chips will fall, oh yea they already have 7 HR’s this postseason in 16 games & 1 win a way from bringing the first World Series title to the city of Houston.
IF Houston wins Springer will be MVP. .348, 4 HRs, 5 RBIs. No idea who you give it to on LA

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
If Dave Roberts goes to Jansen again for 6 outs...smh.

The 'stros do two things against him...hit and score.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Springer's slugging is up to .958. Next closest on Houston made a racist gesture so I think Springer has it if they close it out tonight.

Reaction Score
If Dave Roberts goes to Jansen again for 6 outs...smh.

The 'stros do two things against him...hit and score.

and thats exactly what their doing he does have 2 quick outs however

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Altuve is gonna win the AL MVP... And deservedly so.

This series has been great, aside from me dozing off accidentally before amazing moments...

Game 7, if it was Verlander/Kershaw that would literally be historic, but this will be fun and has a chance for some magic. Just gut feeling there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom