OT: Work Place Irritations | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Work Place Irritations

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
When I graduated, my Dad pushed me to take an outside sales job I was offered from a Fortune 500 consumer products company. Company car, expense account and work from a home office. 22 years later I thank him every day because I have never once worked in an office and eventually started my own company 12 years ago. I've booked more business walking around my kitchen, scratching my balls than I think I would have in a cubicle or corner spot.

That being said, the office pools suck and I've been jerking off the same guy for the past 12 years. But, he's the boss so there's always that.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Why do I get irritated seeing coworkers park in the same spaces every day. MIX IT UP PEOPLE!!

(I'm a nail clipper)

Reaction Score
I hate when my coworker sits down and talks to me about videogames for 20 minutes. I'm only a few years younger than he is, so I guess it makes sense he would talk to me about it. But then he goes and talks to management about all the "special suits" he picked up online all weekend and I can just see the pain in their eyes while they placate him. It's a prime example of knowing your audience, and knowing that 50 year olds don't want to hear about your weekend spent on PS4

Reaction Score
Well, he's a sales guy....but a lot more of a drunken orangutan than he is someone doing Ironman rides.

Oh I work more than 6 hours I promise, and it shows as the Ironman workouts haven't been happening for a while. Reminds me..:eek:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Teleconferences are a blast. People who forget how to use the mute button can make for fantastic bloopers, especially if they are on travel and using a personal cell phone vice a desk phone. We had one a few years ago where a guy was dialing in from a remote area on his cell phone. Ten minutes in to the telecom we hear "Here's you sandwich and hash browns. Do you need any creamer or ketchup?". Dude was going through the drive through and forgot to put his cell phone on mute.
Worse is the guy taking a crap while on the cell phone with all the sounds emanating from the surrounds

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Roast beef with horseradish. Delicious. I've been hoping another sandwich named Brett would appear again but alas, nothing yet.
August you cannot keep showing that avatar and talking about delicious sandwiches!! Please

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
August you cannot keep showing that avatar and talking about delicious sandwiches!! Please

I find something odd about that avatar and want the old one back. Or a new one. Get on it mau. She has kind of a zombie look that just doesn't do it for me.

Reaction Score
I find something odd about that avatar and want the old one back. Or a new one. Get on it mau. She has kind of a zombie look that just doesn't do it for me.

Holy crap what the hell happened? Didn't even notice who the hell did that? Something very Fishy going on around here.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why do I get irritated seeing coworkers park in the same spaces every day. MIX IT UP PEOPLE!!

(I'm a nail clipper)

One of the guys I work with gets spooled up over divers who back in to their spaces vice noaing the car in to spaces. We have plenty of parking available and the loy is plenty big enough to manuever any vehicle around it so there's no benefit to either method. But he gets hot under the collar over back-ins. Needless to say, I back my car in to a spot.

Reaction Score
Worse is the guy taking a crap while on the cell phone with all the sounds emanating from the surrounds

Guy was in the stall next to me some time ago on his phone... He had the volume up and i was hearing some sounds, followed by chicken choking sounds. I couldnt finish and get out of there quick enough. Horrible experience.

Reaction Score
Not sure exactly why, but "The Nibbler" by CL82 fascinates me. Is it because they solved the mystery with a sting operation? That the perp was sorta hot? Or that the nibbling was such odd behavior in the first place? I guess I will never know, but I genuinely enjoyed the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom