Static electricity shock by the door handle
Cases of the Mondays
Nina in Accounts Payable.
Milton listening to his radio at a reasonable volume
Married squirrels
Paper jams when there are no paper jams
TPS report cover sheets
Michael Bolton's version of, "When a Man Loves a Woman."
Co-workers who fake like they are having coffee, when all they really want is 23 TBSP sugar.
Payroll virus software that doesn't work like I want it to.
Metallic sky-blue Porsche

Last but not least:
Eight bosses (especially when they call me out *ing around on my phone when my computer is showing the office Intranet, forcing me to come up with a bad excuse.).

I could go on...
BRAVO!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
old geezer in a cube across from me:
- clips his nails no less than 3x a week
- uses speaker phone for EVERY conversation whether its 2 mins or 2 hours
- spends probably 4 hours a day on his cell phone and his clicking is audible. All I hear all day is a faint "click ... click ... click .. " . If you are going to be non-productive, do it quietly please!

I would come after than dude in a heart beat. The nails thing would not fly with me.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I still can't get over this new trend of people naming their food. People are weird.
I just came from the break room and had a sandwich some goofball named "Brett".

(at least that is what was written on the bag)
Ya can't just eat the damn sandwich, Commie?

Reaction Score
I still can't get over this new trend of people naming their food. People are weird.
I just came from the break room and had a sandwich some goofball named "Brett".

(at least that is what was written on the bag)

You are history's greatest monster.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
old geezer in a cube across from me:
- clips his nails no less than 3x a week
- uses speaker phone for EVERY conversation whether its 2 mins or 2 hours
- spends probably 4 hours a day on his cell phone and his clicking is audible. All I hear all day is a faint "click ... click ... click .. " . If you are going to be non-productive, do it quietly please!

Oh crap! I think we work together.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I work from home now thank goodness but once had a memorable lunch with some office colleagues where we named names of everyone we knew who didn't wash hands after using the toilet. I threw in the name of one guy who had trouble hitting the urinal!

Reaction Score
We have many donut splitters at my office. My pet peeve are the guys who piss all over the toilet seats. what, are you from Louisville or something?
This. The bathroom weirdos. My building contains offices for many different businesses. The people who use the men's room are all animals. They piss all over everything, including the floor. Somehow they get s__t halfway up the walls of the stalls. I still can't figure that one out. And the non hand washers, who take a leak, put their junk away and walk right out of the bathroom touching every doorknob and elevator button in site with their polluted, disgusting fingers. Wash your freaking hands and stop crapping on the walls dammit!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Since many of us are back to work and looking to vent, here's a few more.

#1 The "Reply All" vice "Reply" person. There's a time and a place to use each button. Do it. Earlier this year my company had one of the Executive VP's Admin Asst send a Memorandum regarding staff shake ups that literally went to the entire company. Wrong Distro list was used. So instead of 100-150 people getting them memo, it went to 10k+ people. So, what would a sane person do when you work for a very large corporation and you see a memo got sent to you in error? Most people would quickly see the memo and put it in to their deleted items and move on. Not my company. Within minutes over 100+ "Reply All's" were sent out each one explaining how important each person was and they don't appreciate being spammed. The irony that their email of self-importance was spamming everyone else must have been lost on them.

End of story? Heck no. Within another hour 200+ emails from other people reminding the original batch of "reply all" spammers came on line. Their topic? Hey, use reply, not reply all.

End of story? Heck no. Within the next hour another 100+ email scolding the first two groups and a reminder that it's okay to just delete a file.

Around noon, our email went down for about 30 minutes. I was talking with one of our office's IT leads. She said there was a global shut down of the email system and that there were over 250,000 message tags on this email.

#2 The inspiration for this post. The double email. First one says for you to look at a file. The second one with the exact same subject line comes in 30 seconds later with the actual attachment. This has become a bit more rare since many organizations scan your subject and text for indicators of attachments. If the software thinks a file may be the sender's intent and no file is attached, it gives a pop up.

Reaction Score
There's a nail clipper in my office and the people around him were losing their minds. He clips them every day.

Turns out one day, one of the women here had enough, walked around to his cube and told him he had stop cutting his nails at work because she couldn't take it anymore. He said that he had a really bad problem and bit his nails raw and the only thing that helps is keeping them trimmed as closely as he can. That wasn't enough for her and she said that he still needed to stop doing it at his desk and he told her to go herself.

I actually applaud the guy's attitude and GFY response. And he hasn't stopped. I hear it all the time still.

Reaction Score
There's a nail clipper in my office and the people around him were losing their minds. He clips them every day.

Turns out one day, one of the women here had enough, walked around to his cube and told him he had stop cutting his nails at work because she couldn't take it anymore. He said that he had a really bad problem and bit his nails raw and the only thing that helps is keeping them trimmed as closely as he can. That wasn't enough for her and she said that he still needed to stop doing it at his desk and he told her to go herself.

I actually applaud the guy's attitude and GFY response. And he hasn't stopped. I hear it all the time still.
I've found that women are the ones that most often try to be the office sheriffs. The clipper did the right thing, go sit yourself the down.

Reaction Score
#1 The "Reply All" vice "Reply" person.

Even more annoying than the "reply all" crowd are those people who want you to click on the little acknowledgment that you've received and read their email. If you send me an email with one of those attached, I am not acknowledging receipt of your message and I am thinking you are a bit of an balloon knot.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I use that function maybe once every other year, and only once it has already been established that I am dealing with a lying balloon knot, and I have no problem whatsoever appearing to be a very big balloon knot myself at that point. But I'm only talking about external e-mails to opposing parties, not intra-office e-mails.

Well your example is the intended use. I have been asked before to pull "Read" receipts from my exchange server to settle disputes.

However people who use them for every stupid inter-office email that they think is important need to go. I warn people about that all the time because Read receipts take up space and bandwidth on the server.

Unlike you guys I have a real remedy to the situation. I block their internet access in my router filter and then let them make a case to their direct supervisor on why they need the internet unblocked. Good times. Im a jerk

Reaction Score
This board needs more OT: mojo.

My other major beef? Co-workers who use the interwebs on their cell phones during work pretending to do work with their screens pulled up to some official site. Meanwhile they're actually screwing off on message boards. And when you bust them, they quickly put the phone down with some BS excuse about responding to a message from their spouse about a kid forgetting lunch at home.

Maybe that is the general part of corporate America's fault and not the co-workers your refer to. Expecting employees to be at work 9 hours a day, but only having about 3 hours to do is a pretty common occurrence at least at entry & middle level.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Even more annoying than the "reply all" crowd are those people who want you to click on the little acknowledgment that you've received and read their email. If you send me an email with one of those attached, I am not acknowledging receipt of your message and I am thinking you are a bit of an balloon knot.
I use that function maybe once every other year, and only once it has already been established that I am dealing with a lying balloon knot, and I have no problem whatsoever appearing to be a very big balloon knot myself at that point. But I'm only talking about external e-mails to opposing parties, not intra-office e-mails.

My old supervisor used to do that for all of her emails. She was a bit paranoid of people trying to play ignorant of getting emails.

Reaction Score
Our bathrooms! Looks like something from a third world nation.Stalls are dark and nasty looking. The urinals have no dividers and look like toilet bowls without lids... I work in the basement of this old building and we have 4 functional urinals. 3 side by side by side, the only usable one is the one in the corner where you can turn towards the corner for a little privacy. Where is the 4th one? Didnt leave it out. Picture 3 urinals side by side by side, walk to the middle one, now look up! Right at about eye level is a forth urinal.... I ish you not. Everyone that see's it for the first time has to get a picture of it, and when you share the picture with friends they think you photoshopped it. Dont know if it is functional or not. If i was in the building by myself and I could use it without fear of someone else walking in, I would definitely give it a go.

Reaction Score
The control freak who sucks up to the Boss, then tries to be mini-boss, micro managing everyone wether or not he/she has anything to do with thier work....I have one who's my peer and Im really starting to hate him. Going to have to have a little chat.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I work around a lot of younger military guys who eat about 400g of protein a day.
You walk in to a stall and there is dookie that has been power squatted and caked on to the bowl about 3/4" thick.
Even the cleaning company contracted to clean bathrooms can't/won't clean it off.
LOL that happened to me on a Delta Flight leaving Atlantis. Young kid about 12-13 goes into the krapper. thought nothing of it. Ten minutes later I go in, look down, and there it was. Slammed to the side. I flushed a couple of times but to no avail. Came out and the flight attendant looked at me and asked what was wrong. The flight attendant should of earned a raise. I know it's not work related but couldn't help myself. lol Sorry.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Well your example is the intended use. I have been asked before to pull "Read" receipts from my exchange server to settle disputes.

However people who use them for every stupid inter-office email that they think is important need to go. I warn people about that all the time because Read receipts take up space and bandwidth on the server.

Unlike you guys I have a real remedy to the situation. I block their internet access in my router filter and then let them make a case to their direct supervisor on why they need the internet unblocked. Good times. Im a jerk

August is our "IT Nazi," so to speak. He is fighting a battle to keep the bandwidth open and will crush anyone who gets in his way. Our kind of guy! Someone has to hold the line (serious, not serious).

Reaction Score
Since many of us are back to work and looking to vent, here's a few more.

#2 The inspiration for this post. The double email. First one says for you to look at a file. The second one with the exact same subject line comes in 30 seconds later with the actual attachment. This has become a bit more rare since many organizations scan your subject and text for indicators of attachments. If the software thinks a file may be the sender's intent and no file is attached, it gives a pop up.

"This time with the attachment" and "Oops, forgot the attachment" can be found in the body of roughly 30% of our emails. . .

Reaction Score

The issue is laziness. If the email requires a read receipt for record-keeping purposes, fine, add it. Attaching it to every email you send is lazy and inconsiderate. It takes 10 seconds to add it when its appropriate.

August is Mordac, preventer of information services . . .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) People who try to send conversations via text message resulting in a 27-beep barrage.

2) Employees. I've heard every excuse twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom