OT - Which HBO/Max Series Next? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Which HBO/Max Series Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Girl's Guide To Depravity on Cinemax, only because the lead actress is a cute little smokeshow (imo, of course - I'm sure not everyone would agree). And on the West Coast, you can watch the stuff on Cinemax East at 9 pm and just go back to regular prime time programming if the people getting naked aren't to your liking (and no need to worry about forgetting to delete your DVR or clear your browser history).

Jesus man. You're really forced onto the straight and narrow out there.

RE the original book. I always think it's hilarious that there's books for girls on how to get laid. That's got to be one of the easiest things to do on the planet.

Reaction Score
I knew this was the right place to ask - first 5 of The Wire downloading now. There are no On Demand options for Battlestar Gallactica on DirecTV.

Kick @ss torrents or Pirate Bay and utorrents.

American Horror Story can be whacked at times, but still pretty entertaining as well.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Go back and watch Deadwood, it is the best HBO has done, not sure why they stopped it.

The guy who created that show is pretty impressive. Really went above and beyond.

Reaction Score
Jesus man. You're really forced onto the straight and narrow out there.

RE the original book. I always think it's hilarious that there's books for girls on how to get laid. That's got to be one of the easiest things to do on the planet.

I contend that it wasn't my fault.

1) They gave me Cinemax for free after I had multiple issues with cable boxes
2) The sports package runs through channel 474. AMC is 479, IFC is 480, Cinemax East is 482, Comedy Central is 497
3) After college hoops season ended, I had a lot more time to surf.

Odds were pretty good I'd find it. Wasn't like being a teenager and trying to peek through a scrambled signal. You had to learn that skill.

Reaction Score
Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, Luther, and Suits are all good shows that have not been mentioned. New shows Ray Donovan and Graceland have shown promise. Homeland was amazing the first season, solid the second season, and then fell off a cliff the third season.

Reaction Score
Also Banshee on Cinemax is pretty entertaining and has not been mentioned. The women on the show are complete smokeshows and are not modest if you catch my drift.

Reaction Score
Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, Luther, and Suits are all good shows that have not been mentioned. New shows Ray Donovan and Graceland have shown promise. Homeland was amazing the first season, solid the second season, and then fell off a cliff the third season.

Good call on Luther I'm a big fan, you guys should definitely watch it if you haven't already.

Hopefully they put together another season or movie at some point but Idris Elba's career has taken off so he might be too busy with other projects. On a side note I saw a rumor a while back that he could be the next Bond after Daniel Craig but haven't seen if there was any truth to it.

Reaction Score
Luther is an awesome show, there is going to be a movie and there has been talk of a spinoff starring Alice Morgan.

Reaction Score
One of the best things I have ever seen on TV is the HBO mini-series Band of Brothers. Anyone who hasn't seen it is missing out big time in my opinion. The interviews with the real life surviving members of Easy Company before and after each episode are amazing.

Reaction Score
Side note: really surprised love how many people GOT and haven't read the books. I would have thought it would be really hard to follow.

I have a hard time following Game of Thrones, it is a great show I just can't keep up. I keep on watching Walking Dead but the show completely sucks. The Wire and Sopranos are both great.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I have a hard time following Game of Thrones, it is a great show I just can't keep up. I keep on watching Walking Dead but the show completely sucks. The Wire and Sopranos are both great.
If you didn't read the books - you need to watch GOT in rapid fire for the first couple seasons - like one a night. I read about 50 pages of the first book before I got distracted and never continued. I would have no idea what is going on if I didn't watch the first two seasons in rapid fire. It's a complex world.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
For all of you who suggested The Wire - WTF - at least the first episode is in SD instead of HD. That is so distracting.

Reaction Score
I'm caught up on Game of Thrones (best thing ever on the small screen) and True Blood. I've watched all the Sopranos. Which of the cable network series should I start on next? I've watched zero of anything else out there (Dexter/Veep, etc.) I do get all the paid networks so I should be able to get anything On Demand.
I haven't eved read the other replies but The Wire (HBO) and Homeland (Showtime) would be my picks.

Reaction Score
Granted, I watched the first season while my girlfriend was sick in a Paris hotel room, so my memory of it is a little hazy, but as I recall the first season was more of an episodic thing where they introduced a new story line every week. In subsequent seasons it starts to tell a more comprehensive story and it really takes off. I wasn't very into the first season but the next couple have been, in my opinion, absolutely fantastic.

yea that's how it started off but then it switched up to a main story about halfway through the 1st season. I was a bit turned off in the beginning once it was episodic but then once it became a main story arc that's when things really took off. Have you seen the latest season? I haven't seen it yet and I'm a bit worried due to some twitter chatter saying the show had jumped the shark.

Reaction Score
another "Luther" co-sign here, if you want something short that you can breeze through quickly that's a good option. British TV shows have short seasons and the last 2 seasons kind of flow like an extended movie.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm very surprised that there has only been one mention of Breaking Bad. Amazing roller coaster ride. Great characters. I binge watched it all in a week or two

Reaction Score
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Orphan Black. Not typically my thing, but it's pretty engrossing.
He asked for HBO and Max. That is on BBC.

Seems a lot of people missed the title of the thread.............

Reaction Score
I adored The Wire, and I'm just getting into The Sopranos now. I couldn't do Game of Thrones, though. All the mutilation and torture and rape made me a little squeamish.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Curious to know from among the many fans of "The Wire" ...
What's your opinion of David Simon's followup HBO "Treme" about post-Katrina New Orleans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom