OT: URI head coaching search | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: URI head coaching search

Reaction Score
I just can not believe that UCONN has to hold off with coaching hires and recruiting at this super valuable time cause we are waiting on URI. That’s actually pretty bad..

We are being held up by URI.... Think about it..
why would we jump the gun and lose out on our top assistant just because we're impatient? talk about a short sighted move. i'm sure they're ready to pull the trigger on plan b if Cox is named HC at URI. Isn't it the dead period anyway?

Reaction Score
Cox has a lot of experience, I will say that, and D1 experience at levels higher than URI so overall he would be a plus on that front
But if the only reason is to perhaps bring on some of his URI recruits? Nah
Not at all sure those were any better than the 3 UConn probably lost
I get they may fit the Coach Hurley style of play argument but when looking at plenty of URI games - his offensive coaching is very weak - again it's URI/ A-10 - he's a few steps up now and looking to bring UConn back to the good ole BE days - that's when UConn was perennial Top 10 - it's going to take a lot better than URI type players. He needs to be looking beyond. If he is worth the $3Mil per, there is no time for baby step excuses. The AC job(s) posting has closed, make the announcement tomorrow and have some recruitment announcements by Friday. He's had enough time to have been on that timeline.
I get it he's a tough guy and has proven he can get players to run through walls - that is great, that's what UConn needs. But he needs those type players - bigger, stronger and tougher, than KO brought in or Coach Hurley had at URI. Time is ticking...
So just to be clear, Hurley is running out of time but KO needed more time?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
An Ivy League degree is going to last a lot longer than his low-post skills. Always amazes me why more kids don't take that route.
There are many very good academic schools whose basketball program can get you a $250K job in Europe right out of college and for the next 10-15 years with a possible upside of an NBA contract. Heck, with that kind of dough and good grades you might be able to get a grad degree from the Ivy League like an MBA from Wharton or Harvard. This kid already plays for the national team in Lithuania. Nice bright future full of possibilities.

Reaction Score
I just can not believe that UCONN has to hold off with coaching hires and recruiting at this super valuable time cause we are waiting on URI. That’s actually pretty bad..

I'm not all that familiar with the URI recruits but we have only heard of 1 recruit who would be major addition to our roster. Maybe there are others above a 3 star rating but if there is I haven't heard of them.
It is doubtful that Hurley has suspended recruiting until the URI coaching decision is made. Maybe he just likes to keep a tight lid on recruiting.
As far as the coaching staff is concerned Hurley has already hired Moore and apparently Freeman.

Reaction Score
There’s like a 25% chance you’re actually a UConn fan.

Why because I don’t feel the same way you do.??? Is it so bad that there are different opinions???

Why pull the high school drama BS and say oh your must not be a fan. What are you 14yo?.. I think there is a 25% chance that you are more of a UCONN fan than I am.. I know one thing I have higher expectations than you. Or is it your so traumatized from the KO disaster that you need a “safe space” with only like minded people for you to talk to????

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why because I don’t feel the same way you do.??? Is it so bad that there are different opinions???

Why pull the high school drama BS and say oh your must not be a fan. What are you 14yo?.. I think there is a 25% chance that you are more of a UCONN fan than I am.. I know one thing I have higher expectations than you. Or is it your so traumatized from the KO disaster that you need a “safe space” with only like minded people for you to talk to????

I was wrong.

It’s about 10%, if that.

Reaction Score
I was wrong.

It’s about 10%, if that.
He is one of a handful of people--those others should be obvious to people who have been here a while--who seem very obviously sock puppet accounts from other fan bases. Mucking up threads with their idiocy again...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He is one of a handful of people--those others should be obvious to people who have been here a while--who seem very obviously sock puppet accounts from other fan bases. Mucking up threads with their idiocy again...

He’s already burned the ‘think different’ and the ‘censorship’ cards.

Next he’ll tell us something like Hugh Greer attended his third birthday party to establish his bonafides.

Reaction Score
He’s already burned the ‘think different’ and the ‘censorship’ cards.

Next he’ll tell us something like Hugh Greer attended his third birthday party to establish his bonafides.
I love it when these buffoons ask you how long you've been a fan as if that means anything. Happened to me in another thread.

Since James Naismith! I'm eternal! What do I win? Also, go away...

Reaction Score

Careful. You could be talking to Chief.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah it was :D
C’mon mau. You’re not a real fan if you don’t start a thread proclaiming you’re quitting cause things are going poorly.

Isn’t there a famous line stating this. “Me thinks he doth protest too well!”

Perhaps he’s afraid someone will out fan him.

Reaction Score
why would we jump the gun and lose out on our top assistant just because we're impatient? talk about a short sighted move. i'm sure they're ready to pull the trigger on plan b if Cox is named HC at URI. Isn't it the dead period anyway?
Plus, if it takes too long we can always add two or three grad transfers to the mix to round out the roster.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

This would be a valid post if we were waiting on URI to hire a coach so we could get the scraps. Other than that, what?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom