OT: TPC Traveler's in Cromwell | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: TPC Traveler's in Cromwell

Reaction Score
Spieth said it was the loudest roar he's ever heard on tour

Very positive

Hope to hear Rory & Jason say great things and want to return

View attachment 23114

We haven't seen crowds like these in 20 years!!! This is the view from my skybox looking up 18 with Spieth looking at his shot. The Bowl was SICK!

Reaction Score
The Golf Channel did a real nice piece on the ALS support unit and the sick kids camp and the importance of the impact on the people. They really made a big deal of how huge this event is for these types of programs as well as the crowds which historically roam the grounds. The CBS team live the event and rave about the finishing holes then this ending happens what a tremendous weekend for the Travelers team. You just can't even make up this finish and the importance of the whole weekend for this tourneys future. Thanks to Berger for making some big shots in the final holes and allowing this dramatic finish to occur. Heck he made a nice run at his long putt off the fringe that would've been spectacular.

Reaction Score
Spieth said it was the loudest roar he's ever heard on tour

Very positive

Hope to hear Rory & Jason say great things and want to return

Yup -- good quotes from Rory:

"I'd definitely come back again," McIlroy said. "This is one of the best courses on tour. It is par 70; it's fun. You can make a lot of birdies, but if you put yourself in the wrong spot you can make bogeys pretty quickly as well. And the crowds out there [Sunday]. I teed off before 9 a.m. on a Sunday morning and they were really good. It was a pleasure to be here this week and great to play in front of such great crowds."

Reaction Score
Yup -- good quotes from Rory:

"I'd definitely come back again," McIlroy said. "This is one of the best courses on tour. It is par 70; it's fun. You can make a lot of birdies, but if you put yourself in the wrong spot you can make bogeys pretty quickly as well. And the crowds out there [Sunday]. I teed off before 9 a.m. on a Sunday morning and they were really good. It was a pleasure to be here this week and great to play in front of such great crowds."

There was a house off of the 9th fairway who had a guy play the bagpipes when Rory came buy. I heard it on Friday and Sat but got there too late today. He loved it! I thought it was cool

Reaction Score
Field was widely overrated

Had 3 of top 5, 2 of which were completely irrelevant and only like 12-13 of top 50

They hyped off of top 3, good move and exciting finish and great win

Bubba Watson is a total joke now. Wouldn't shock me if he did an Ian Baker Finch move and quit

It's a great tourney, think could be a special feed next year with being week after US Open @ Shinnecock

Your a complete joke. Moronic.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The win and his reaction are front page material on all the national sports papers and websites. Great publicity for the event, the players and the crowd.

Basically this year's tourney was a perfect alignment of the stars.

1. Course made infrastructure changes a few years ago to improve practice facility.
2. New rule brings in top notch talent.
3. Weather was perfect for large crowds.
4. Top tier players on leaderboard starting on Thursday.
5. Playoff
6. Hole out for the win with great reaction by young, identifiable player.

Reaction Score
The win and his reaction are front page material on all the national sports papers and websites. Great publicity for the event, the players and the crowd.

Basically this year's tourney was a perfect alignment of the stars.

1. Course made infrastructure changes a few years ago to improve practice facility.
2. New rule brings in top notch talent.
3. Weather was perfect for large crowds.
4. Top tier players on leaderboard starting on Thursday.
5. Playoff
6. Hole out for the win with great reaction by young, identifiable player.
I agree, things could not have worked out better for them, hope it results in the top players coming back and new guys coming for the first time next year.

Reaction Score
No, he is right you are a joke. We can add golf to baseball (Harper and Bryant say hi), basketball and football to the list of sports you know nothing about.
Wait I forgot about his Bryce Harper comments! I'm assuming he has the same opinion on Bryant. Almost have to respect someone who can die on so many idiotic hills.

Reaction Score
You can say what you want about CT sport fans but mix in a great field with good weather on a weekend with an excuse to day drink and you have one hell of a gold mine. Travelers clearly saw this and made one hell of an investment.

Reaction Score
I agree, things could not have worked out better for them, hope it results in the top players coming back and new guys coming for the first time next year.

Have to think with the close proximity of Shinnecock and the rave reviews the tournament drew this year they will get a good field.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Check out the last two sections of this article if you are still in the mood for more Travelers raves.

SAMPLE: So between the golf that the course yields, and the crowds that juice up this finish, we’re all in on the Travelers as being one of the top events on Tour.

Reaction Score
No, he is right you are a joke. We can add golf to baseball (Harper and Bryant say hi), basketball and football to the list of sports you know nothing about.

hahaha... what did he say about Harper and KB?

Reaction Score
hahaha... what did he say about Harper and KB?
He said Bryce Harper is a joke and is way overrated and isn't that good. Said the same thing about Bryant but also added he sucked in the clutch and was a choker. Bryant went on to win the WS MVP a few weeks later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom