OT: TPC Traveler's in Cromwell | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: TPC Traveler's in Cromwell

Reaction Score

Steve Rushin‏ @SteveRushin 16m 16 minutes ago
I wear it the other 364 days.
020.jpg

Reaction Score
I remember running in the state cross country championships there ages ago. Do they still hold them there?

Reaction Score
Madison born and Avon Old Farms grad Brett Stegmaier in the lead!

Reaction Score
Thank God Jordan Speith came. #thatleaderboard
Reed, Furyk, Berger, Bryant, Harrington, Casey, Sneds, ect. Ton of big names in contention.

Not what they hoped for with Day and Rory though, hopefully both make the cut and one makes a charge tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just back from tourney

The Travelers' 360 tent is awesome, minus being the most popular place on the course it seems

If the cut stays at E at least they'll have Speith & Rory

Day misses 3 footer @ 18 to miss cut

15 is a great hole, saw no eagles, a handful of birdies and tons of bogeys and doubles

Good day to be married to a Travelers VP. Cell service sucks tho won't let me post the pics from the tent.

Reaction Score
Just back from tourney

The Travelers' 360 tent is awesome, minus being the most popular place on the course it seems

If the cut stays at E at least they'll have Speith & Rory

Day misses 3 footer @ 18 to miss cut

15 is a great hole, saw no eagles, a handful of birdies and tons of bogeys and doubles

Sometimes these guys find out they don't want to be there but respect the commitment. There's a chance he knew he was going to miss that putt on 18 LOL

Rory may throw a 9 under on the board early tomorrow - 61 time. 15 is really a great hole, agree wholeheartedly. I did see Webb Simpson make eagle there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sometimes these guys find out they don't want to be there but respect the commitment.

What was worse? Greg Norman making up a way to DQ himself to leave early or Peter Jacobsen just telling them to off.

Reaction Score
Sometimes these guys find out they don't want to be there but respect the commitment. There's a chance he knew he was going to miss that putt on 18 LOL

Rory may throw a 9 under on the board early tomorrow - 61 time. 15 is really a great hole, agree wholeheartedly. I did see Webb Simpson make eagle there.

Day also signed his scorecard with the wrong score on it.

Reaction Score
The Jaycees ruined the tourney and Travelers bailed it out

Apparently all the players stay downtown Hartford now, maybe to catch a Yard Goats game or 2 if they are in town

What was worse? Greg Norman making up a way to DQ himself to leave early or Peter Jacobsen just telling them to off.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Apparently all the players stay downtown Hartford now, maybe to catch a Yard Goats game or 2 if they are in town
I wouldn't say the Jaycees ruined it. I would say the popularity of golf and the huge growth put pressures on them to keep the tournament in Cromwell and their membership also dropped which didn't help. They were never going to sustain success with their numbers and doing it all as volunteers.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Day also signed his scorecard with the wrong score on it.
And Greg Norman "accidently" played with an illegal ball just before his helicopter flew him away.

Reaction Score

On the telly they were raving about CT pizza. I wonder what restaurant(s) are providing the pies. Or they could be strolling down to New Haven (30 minutes). Anyway a player said its the best in the world.

Nice to here we beat Italy (at least by someone who probably never ate a true Italian pie).

Reaction Score
Went to The Travelers yesterday with the kids. The experience was fantastic for them in the fan zone area. For me it was great because it cost absolutely nothing! Went in with a Veterans voucher which you can print online and expected to pay a child's rate for the kids but they all got in for free. I wasn't expecting that. We were able to hang out in the veterans tent and get snacks and ice cold drinks for free as wellas well, they were pumped.
We were able to sit on the veterans deck in 18 that gave a fantastic view of the entire fairway. I was cool to watch the armies of fans March up following Rory's group and then Day's as well. Nice to see the crowds back like back in the day. The day ended just as well as it started. We were walking out by the food tent near the pool and one of they were trying to get rid of all the food they had. A bartender says, buy a beer and get dinner free. I could not pass up on the beer and she said, just tell them I said to give you enough for the kids so we all got burgers and hot dogs to finish the day! Then my kids were all about these huge rubber golf balls in the pro shop. The guy there took 30% off and the kids were pumped! What a great day, the experience they've put together there is fantastic!!

Reaction Score
Nice to hear doggie, doing the veteran thing Sunday. Curious about the veteran deck on 18, can any vet use the deck and where on 18 is it located.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Course looks really nice on the TV- blomp shots and close ups.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FYI, Boo Weekly went to the same high school as Bubba Watson.

Boo is a few years older. Both grads of a sleepy little Florida Panhandle town of Milton High School.

Reaction Score
image.jpeg
I would suggest a practice day. You can follow a favorite player and listen to him and his caddy talk and figure out the course.

I also highly recommend watching Ayers on the driving range and putting green. See how pro's practice with a purpose and fine tune their game.

I always thought it was jest to see pro's hitting approach shots to a green away from that day's pin only to see it be the Sunday pin.

As for everything else, website will have details on yes/no for chairs, umbrellas, coolers, bags etc.

Best generic advice is to wear comfortable shoes, hydrate and bring a hat and shades. DO NOT BE THE WHO WEARS HIS GOLF SHOES WHILE WALKING THE COURSE!!!!!

This guy on 14 today didn't get your memo re golf shoes!!! HAD to take a pic and post this.... LMAO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom