OT: TPC Traveler's in Cromwell | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: TPC Traveler's in Cromwell

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If anyone happens to have an extra tent/box on green passes available let me know, please!
As Waquoit noted... feels like tix are hard to come by this year!

Reaction Score
Tee shot on 17 always intrigues me. Water all along the right, hills and bunkers on the left. From an elevated tee.

Any of us hack, up to and including single digits handicappers, crap their pants looking at that shot.

Pro's? Stripe it 275-290 down the fairway. Find a target and swing assertively at the target.
I've hit more than a few in the drink on my second shot, but never my tee shot. Wider than it looks on tv.

Reaction Score
Think I mentioned this here another year but my buddy is a good golfer. We went to the TPC in like 1997 for day one and he identified a tall guy hitting on the range and was mesmerized by his swing. He said, "That guy has the most beautiful swing I've ever seen, he's gonna be awesome." His name was Stewart Cink. A few days later he was hoisting the trophy. His first tournament win.

Good call. He still mentions it every year.

Reaction Score
Think I mentioned this here another year but my buddy is a good golfer. We went to the TPC in like 1997 for day one and he identified a tall guy hitting on the range and was mesmerized by his swing. He said, "That guy has the most beautiful swing I've ever seen, he's gonna be awesome." His name was Stewart Cink. A few days later he was hoisting the trophy. His first tournament win.

The way my game is when I read this I was initially thinking you were talking about Jim Furyk. He'll be in Cromwell this week.

Reaction Score
Tim Lammers‏ @TimLammersFox61 5h 5 hours ago
More @TravelersChamp Pro-Am times, all 1st tee:
12:20PM - CHRIS BERMAN, TIM WAKEFIELD
12:30PM - GENO AURIEMMA
12:40PM - JIM CALHOUN

More @TravelersChamp Pro-Am tee times, all on 1st tee:
12:50PM - REBECCA LOBO
1:00PM - RAY ALLEN, RANDY EDSALL

jeff otterbein‏ @jotterbein 2h 2 hours ago
Hunter Mahan is the pro in the 1 p.m. foursome that includes Dan Orlovsky, Ray Allen and Randy Edsall in Wednesday's celebrity pro-am.

Reaction Score

Hunter Mahan is the pro in the 1 p.m. foursome that includes Dan Orlovsky, Ray Allen and Randy Edsall in Wednesday's celebrity pro-am.

Geez I'm not sure Hunter Mahan is better than everyone in that foursome. Talk about falling off the face of the earth huh? Injuries or just lost it?

Reaction Score

Dan Orlovsky‏ @danorlovsky7 5m 5 minutes ago
Great to be back in CT! Stoked for tomorrow for @TravelersChamp Pro-am...my foursome has Ryder cup ties, GW runners and REstoration

Reaction Score
If they only have 4-5 notable groups why not have Bubba, Day, Jordan, Rory, etc play with them

Geez I'm not sure Hunter Mahan is better than everyone in that foursome. Talk about falling off the face of the earth huh? Injuries or just lost it?

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
If they only have 4-5 notable groups why not have Bubba, Day, Jordan, Rory, etc play with them

Those groupings go to the sponsors who spent the most dough. So Rory probably drew some CEO's instead of the Ray Allens.

Reaction Score
12:30 Webb Simpson, Dane DeHaan, Chris Jackson, Geno Auriemma
12:40 Harold Varner III, Jim Calhoun, Scott Burrell, Mike Cavanaugh
12:50 Retief Goosen, Rebecca Lobo, Chris Dailey, Ben Bishop
1:00 Hunter Mahan, Dan Orlovsky, Ray Allen, Randy Edsall

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The 1:30 tee time has a Ray LaMontagne as a participant. Can't be the singer, can it? I know he lives in western Mass., I know I like his music. Any one have the ability to check into this?

Reaction Score
The 1:30 tee time has a Ray LaMontagne as a participant. Can't be the singer, can it? I know he lives in western Mass., I know I like his music. Any one have the ability to check into this?

It is... His song is used in one of the Travelers commercials. He's played in previous years.

Reaction Score
Go to any round before the cut so you are able to see everyone in the field. You just never know, your favorite may not be there on Saturday.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-6-21_15-43-35.png

Good guy to have on our side

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Only played there once at a fund raiser. That year, and it was few years after he won, Cink had a 10 0n #15. I had a 5 so I'm obviously twice as good. Aside from that, hree things stand out to me about that day. It was crazy hot and humid. The organizers had to keep sending out cold water and cold towels. The second was parring #16, the only hole they had us play from the tournament tees. And on 17, this wouldn't have happened from the tournament tees, I drove into the left side rough green high past the water and played lousy from the rough. Three metal next time. From the men's tee, that area is closer than it looks. I guess there is a 4th memory. I was basically terrible that day.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Haven't gone for a few years. The guy who ran our office got freebies from Mass Mutual including full use of the food and drink inside their air conditioned hospitality tent above #18. Great when it was really hot. I used to go somewhat early in Sat or Sun, see who was having a hot early round, sometimes a big name lower on the leader board, and walk most of the course.

When the leaders came through, we'd park for a bit at the 11th tee, then spend a little time along 15, at the 16th green, then follow the last few groups on 17 before finding a spot on the hill above 18. Was a longish day, but a good way to see a bunch of players and the whole course.

Did any of you ever play the old Edgewood 9 hole lsyout? When I lived in Rocky Hill in the 1970s, I played it several times. If you didn't play it, there are 2-3 holes on the front that are sort of retained from the original. There were two straight uphill holes, #2 being about a 5 or 6 iron par 3 to a green you couldn't see at the top of the hill. All the hills on the current course are sideways to the fairway, no straight up hill steep climbs. And the pond at what is now 16 was smaller and swampy with the shot to the green being all carry because the pond ended in a high boarded flat wall just below the green.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom