OT: The GameTimeCT High School Football 2018 Top 10: | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: The GameTimeCT High School Football 2018 Top 10:

Reaction Score
Had a quality loss last night to an overrated Shelton team.
who is more overrated, Shelton or East Hartford? This is a pretty lousy year for high school football. There are 4 teams and then everyone else

Reaction Score
who is more overrated, Shelton or East Hartford? This is a pretty lousy year for high school football. There are 4 teams and then everyone else
I think Hand is for real, but other than that it's Newtown and the FCIAC top tier. Not sure about Naugatuck, have not seen them play. East Hartford is a one man team, Shelton would beat them but it would be close. A lot of SCC teams this year would have trouble beating Newtown, Bunnell, or even Brookfield. Brookfield is also a one man team, North Haven was able to contain him and they won. Shelton should say bye bye to the SCC and join the FCIAC.

Reaction Score
I think Hand is for real, but other than that it's Newtown and the FCIAC top tier. Not sure about Naugatuck, have not seen them play. East Hartford is a one man team, Shelton would beat them but it would be close. A lot of SCC teams this year would have trouble beating Newtown, Bunnell, or even Brookfield. Brookfield is also a one man team, North Haven was able to contain him and they won. Shelton should say bye bye to the SCC and join the FCIAC.
Greenwich, Hand, Darien and St Joes are the top 4 for me and then a huge dropoff. Newtown is good but I'm not sure how good yet. I want to see how they look against Bunnell this week.

I've seen Naugatuck and they're on the same tier as Brookfield but I think Brookfield is better. Brookfield really should have beat North Haven. If they don't fumble going into the end zone to go up 14-7 it's a different ballgame.

IMO If anyone should join the FCIAC it's Newtown. There's no reason for them to be playing a schedule full of M teams

Reaction Score
This...
If everyone was smart, Newtown and Notre Dame Fairfield would both leave the conference and the SWC could then play a full round robin schedule every year.

Reaction Score
Greenwich, Hand, Darien and St Joes are the top 4 for me and then a huge dropoff. Newtown is good but I'm not sure how good yet. I want to see how they look against Bunnell this week.

I've seen Naugatuck and they're on the same tier as Brookfield but I think Brookfield is better. Brookfield really should have beat North Haven. If they don't fumble going into the end zone to go up 14-7 it's a different ballgame.

IMO If anyone should join the FCIAC it's Newtown. There's no reason for them to be playing a schedule full of M teams
Good point on Newtown joining the FCIAC. I've seen Newtown play, they are deep and really good, lots of talented athletes. The blow out of NFA and Cheshire showed me a lot. Their defense might be better than their offense, if I were Greenwich or Darien I would not take them lightly in the playoffs. As good as Bunnell is I think Newtown wins by at least three touchdowns. One thing about Newtown is their defense is much better against the pass than the run, but that's not to say that they are not good at all against the run, they are solid there, but if they have a weakness it would be against a good balanced running attack.

Reaction Score
Good point on Newtown joining the FCIAC. I've seen Newtown play, they are deep and really good, lots of talented athletes. The blow out of NFA and Cheshire showed me a lot. Their defense might be better than their offense, if I were Greenwich or Darien I would not take them lightly in the playoffs. As good as Bunnell is I think Newtown wins by at least three touchdowns. One thing about Newtown is their defense is much better against the pass than the run, but that's not to say that they are not good at all against the run, they are solid there, but if they have a weakness it would be against a good balanced running attack.
Yeah I've seen Newtown but NFA the only above average team they've played so far. They have their two biggest regular season tests coming up and both teams run the heck out of the ball so they'll get an idea of who they really are after those two

Reaction Score
Yeah I've seen Newtown but NFA the only above average team they've played so far. They have their two biggest regular season tests coming up and both teams run the heck out of the ball so they'll get an idea of who they really are after those two
Cheshire is not bad, they have lost several close games so far. Should have beaten Shelton. Then the next week they were blown out bad by Newtown.

Reaction Score
So if you’ve seen Newtown, do you think we (UCONN) should offer li’l Mason?

Reaction Score
So if you’ve seen Newtown, do you think we (UCONN) should offer li’l Mason?
No, I don't know what position he would play. He's not fast enough to play RB

Reaction Score
No, I don't know what position he would play. He's not fast enough to play RB
He's a tough kid though, not as big as Ben but very hard to bring down. UConn's definitely interested but not sure if on offense or defense. The SWC has some great teams this year, Newtown, Brookfield, and Bunnell. Brookfield's best player, Chris Comizio, has been out hurt three weeks now.

Reaction Score
He's a tough kid though, not as big as Ben but very hard to bring down. UConn's definitely interested but not sure if on offense or defense. The SWC has some great teams this year, Newtown, Brookfield, and Bunnell. Brookfield's best player, Chris Comizio, has been out hurt three weeks now.
Is he playing defense at Newtown? I just went to look at his stats and he's not listed on D. He was good but not great the last couple years

I'm assuming you haven't watched Henderson in person yet if you don't think he's their best player lol

Reaction Score
Is he playing defense at Newtown? I just went to look at his stats and he's not listed on D. He was good but not great the last couple years

I'm assuming you haven't watched Henderson in person yet if you don't think he's their best player lol
Of course I've watched Henderson their best running back, as well as Mix and McVey, but Comizio is their best all around player.

Reaction Score
What ever happened to Staples? I don't follow HS sports that closely any more as my kids are now out of college. Staples seems to have disappeared.

Reaction Score
What ever happened to Staples? I don't follow HS sports that closely any more as my kids are now out of college. Staples seems to have disappeared.
Their coach left for Trumbull this year so they have a new coach. They've had a rough last couple years by their standards

Reaction Score
Of course I've watched Henderson their best running back, as well as Mix and McVey, but Comizio is their best all around player.
Comizio is a great player but in terms of importance to the team, he's not more important than Henderson. They're not sitting at 5-1 without him.

Reaction Score
Comizio is a great player but in terms of importance to the team, he's not more important than Henderson. They're not sitting at 5-1 without him.
Well you may be right but with Comizio out the past three weeks they have not been the same team.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

He played no defensive snaps this past Friday night from my eyes.

Reaction Score
He played no defense snaps this past Friday night from my eyes.
Yeah I did think so but I wasnt positive. I have a hard time believing we'd be recruiting him for defense if he doesn't play defense but what do I know lol

Reaction Score
Yeah I did think so but I wasnt positive. I have a hard time believing we'd be recruiting him for defense if he doesn't play defense but what do I know lol
Newtown has more good players on defense right now than they know what to do with, that's the only reason why Mason isn't on the defensive side. Unlike his brother who played both sides. If the kid wants to play D1 ball it would be on defense or possibly a slot back on offense, I can see UConn offering him for his toughness and athleticism, much like Rose was recruited. When Rose enrolled the coaches thought about olb and te, not QB which is what he starred at in HS. Keyion Dixon was a QB and DB in HS.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Newtown has more good players on defense right now than they know what to do with, that's the only reason why Mason isn't on the defensive side. Unlike his brother who played both sides. If the kid wants to play D1 ball it would be on defense or possibly a slot back on offense, I can see UConn offering him for his toughness and athleticism, much like Rose was recruited. When Rose enrolled the coaches thought about olb and te, not QB which is what he starred at in HS. Keyion Dixon was a QB and DB in HS.
Why wouldnt uconn recruit/offer the more good players on Newtowns D then?

Dan is a really good high school player but I don't see him as a D1 FB player.

Maybe PWO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom